Medical Signs

irreverentad

This post is going to make me sound like I have gone nuts and it is something I think very seriously about.....

For the last 2 years or so I have thought that I may have something like a brain tumor (or even something less dramatic). I sometimes feel (about twice a week) headaches and a bit fuzzy especially on the left hand side of my head. I also have a bit of poor hearing on that side and I seem to lack emotion of any kind at the moment (and have done for a couple of years).

My mind constantly thinks that I may have a brain tumour. I cannot stop it.

I am nervous about going to the doctors as I may sound crazy. BUT on the flip side is it my body telling me that I might have one?

Does anyone else think weird crap like this?

I thin keveryone gets paranoid about stuff like this.

But if you've thought it for 2 years you should go to the doctor!

He won't mind. I'm sure they'd much rather tell someone like you that they're not seriously ill than deal with the people who come in with a sore throat or a slight cough.

On a side note, do you wear glasses? if not, get an eye test. Might explain your headaches

Its always important to look after your mental health and this does sound like a problem in that department. There is nothing more satisfying than receiving reassuring news from your GP. I'd arrange a visit. Honestly, they have heard and seen it all when it comes to peoples concerns, worries. Nothing to worry about.

Yup I wear glasses.

My main worry about the doctors was that the only real reason seems to be an overactive imagination. But is that a sign? I was just wondering if other people do the same thing?

I peresume everyone else who works in an office gets headaches. Although the lack of emotion thing seems odd.

Yup I wear glasses.

My main worry about the doctors was that the only real reason seems to be an overactive imagination. But is that a sign? I was just wondering if other people do the same thing?

I peresume everyone else who works in an office gets headaches. Although the lack of emotion thing seems odd.

I work in an office too, it could be just eye-strain.

But seriously mate, get to the doctors.

lack of emotion could be due to stress to be honest.

I sometimes fall into a day dream and just stare of can only focus on one thing. it's probably because I work on computers all day and do the same thing again and again of late and feel a bit zombie like.

If you're worried about seeming like a tit (which you won't) then go to the doctor with something more traditional, and then at the end say somethign like "it's probably nothing but..." and tell him what's on your mind.

At the end of the day, what if it IS something. Touch wood it obviously isn't, but you never know, you're overactive imagination might just save your life

I feel like I have the lack of emotion thing.

perhaps i'm a but autsy.

I thought I had nad canse a few years ago and got really worried, then went to the doctor and got told it was a varracous vein type thing, cause be lack of jock strap action when playing sports.

defo wear them now. hate achy balls.

I've had the same achy balls. Got told the same.

Also had a lump on my back which scare dme. Went and he told me it was just a collecton of fat and that it would dissipate, which it did after a couple of weeks.

They get this stuff all the time I'm sure.

I feel like I have the lack of emotion thing.

perhaps i'm a but autsy.

I thought I had nad canse a few years ago and got really worried, then went to the doctor and got told it was a varracous vein type thing, cause be lack of jock strap action when playing sports.

defo wear them now. hate achy balls.

I will make myself an appointment.

Yeah the emotion thing is odd to have.

I would say I am a generally content person. Just everything doesn't seem as bright or fun as it used to be (I am only 29!).

I am never too down and never very very happy.

Just meddling along.....

Lol, seems quite a few of us have went to the docs with achey balls. The docs are there for reassurance and to make sure you are ok.

My doc took tests etc when I went and everything came back clear. I apoloised if I had wasted his time and he said not to be silly and as long as I was reassured then everything was ok.

They are there for that.

You haven't got a brain tumor, but go and speak to your doc. Obvs, innit.

To a lay-third party, your symptoms sound like mild/moderate depression or dysthemia.

I had a headache for 6 months a couple of years ago, scared the shizzle out of me, and I refused to accept my doc opinion that it was 'just' a chronic tension-type headache and not a grapefruit sized tumor. Took an MRI to put my mind at rest. It's a viscous circle when you start worrying about something, and it ends up exacerbating the symptoms ten-fold.

Keep us posted on how your appointment goes.

Â