Final Fantasy

hogso

Its on its way, no chance ill get it tomoz though i dont think probs friday

Think I **** my order with Game up cos I pre-order ME3 at the same time. So it hasn't shipped or anything yet, as though it's waiting for ME3 to be ready to ship aswell. Utter crumble.

Played XIII-2 a bit today, like it so far. It was seeming really really easy, but the difficulty took a sudden leap (don't know if it was something to do with going to a time that has higher leveled monsters or something) and make it a bit more interesting. Enjoying it so far, I liked XIII alot and this is just more of the same really.

I watched a bit of footage of XIII-2 the other day and didn't have a **** clue what was going on.

And didn't want to either.

Final Fantasy died with X for me. And even that felt a little disappointing following IX. Which I adore. I've not played it in probably 7 years and I still adore it.

Oh sure they're nothing like the quality they used to be, but I'm perfectly happy in my blissfully ignorant fanboydom, and will hoover up any and all FF games going :D

I'm really enjoying XIII-2. The story so far is nonsensical (yet oddly intriguing) but everything else is great. The additions to the battle and levelling systems add an great deal of customisation and depth to what went before in XIII. The return of random battles is a little disappointing in my opinion though.

So far lads, is this anywhere near as good as VIII? Might have to have a look at this.

What, FFXIII-2? They're compltely different games. They're styled in a kind of similar way, very high production values, recurring monsters, stuff like that - but the game play is just incomparable really. I can answer your question though - no it isn't anywhere near as good as VIII :) There aren't many decent RPGs on PS3 anyway though. Or on any current console. The 'traditional' console JRPG like the old FFs ie. turn based battles, dungeon crawling, grinding levels is kind of dead. That one with the really really odd but fantastic story set in the mind of Chopin whilst he was dying was alright. Whatever that was called. I'm told the best of the gen is Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, havent played it though.

Have to agree with Sie, I really got into this last night. Love the addition of having a monster in your team and switching them out to change your paradigms. I mentioned it before, and I continue to be impressed by the difficulty. I've been caught off guard on a few occasions by how hard some of the battles have been, and has made the experience more exciting than frustrating really. Although I did recently warp back to another time zone where the battles are now very easy and slightly annoying. Having said that though I can't seem to just run away from them and do them anyway, so it's not like I don't have a choice.

I managed to get a goblin cheiftan, which is a sentinal, and have levelled it up with some really good items I had - I forget the name, but they were level 3. Each one I used gave it a HUGE boost in HP, so I now have Serah on about 1000 HP, Noel on ~1200 HP, and GOBZOR (:D) on over 5500HP!

Is FF VII generally consdiered to be the pimp daddy of FFs?

I've never played Final Fantasy, ever.

I don't really want to go my whole life without playing it so thought I'd get a copy of the best one and play through it.

So far lads, is this anywhere near as good as VIII? Might have to have a look at this.

What, FFXIII-2? They're compltely different games. They're styled in a kind of similar way, very high production values, recurring monsters, stuff like that - but the game play is just incomparable really. I can answer your question though - no it isn't anywhere near as good as VIII :) There aren't many decent RPGs on PS3 anyway though. Or on any current console. The 'traditional' console JRPG like the old FFs ie. turn based battles, dungeon crawling, grinding levels is kind of dead. That one with the really really odd but fantastic story set in the mind of Chopin whilst he was dying was alright. Whatever that was called. I'm told the best of the gen is Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, havent played it though.

Have to agree with Sie, I really got into this last night. Love the addition of having a monster in your team and switching them out to change your paradigms. I mentioned it before, and I continue to be impressed by the difficulty. I've been caught off guard on a few occasions by how hard some of the battles have been, and has made the experience more exciting than frustrating really. Although I did recently warp back to another time zone where the battles are now very easy and slightly annoying. Having said that though I can't seem to just run away from them and do them anyway, so it's not like I don't have a choice.

I managed to get a goblin cheiftan, which is a sentinal, and have levelled it up with some really good items I had - I forget the name, but they were level 3. Each one I used gave it a HUGE boost in HP, so I now have Serah on about 1000 HP, Noel on ~1200 HP, and GOBZOR (:D) on over 5500HP!

Cheers Hogso! :)

FFVII was the daddy, stupidly good game. FFVIII was also decent. So what your saying is that you cant really compare the "old" two with the new one?

Still sounds good.

And Stevo, FFVII is **** awsome! Ive never ever put as many hours into a game like i did with that one. Its brilliant mate.

VII is the one usually held as the best, and indeed as one of the best games ever. But big FF fans sometimes say that VI is the pinnacle of the series. And occasionally people like me that found VII a bit dull and liked the way IX seemed much more fun filled and preferred the more straight fantasy of that game to VII's steampunk vibe.

I've not played any prior to 7 but 7, 9 and 10 are my absolute favourites. I didn't really get into 8 so much. I thought 10 as fantastic though, Blitzball was an awesome little mini-game. I heard 12 was really good too but my ps2 was broke and I was at uni when that came out so I didn't ever get it. Anyone played 12? Is it any good?

13 tried too hard in the story and not quite enough in the fights, although the battles did get better as the game went on. Switching between Paradigms was good and tactical but it did get a bit boring.

I think FFX had the best battle system for me. Some people argue that having a time limit creates more tension and atmosphere and I can totally see that but FFX was more like a game of chess for me. You could see the order of who was attacking when and plan accordingly.

8 is my favourite, got into the cards big time, cant remember the number of hours i had to replay because of those bloody cards, i liked the draw system and the style change over 7 but the amteria system was still the best, 9 brought back the class system and was brilliant in a lot of ways, id play all 3 if i was you not just 7, i couldnt get in to 6

most of them are great until about 3/4 through and the story gets fast, heavy and mostly confusing

10 was good and had better characters than 12 which was ok but the magic had gone, 13 IMHO was rubbish

Anyone played 12? Is it any good?

Awful. Hated it. Couldn't bring myself to go more than about 10 hours in.

Oh that sucks, I hadn't really heard anything negative about it until you said that. Is there anything specific that you didn't like about it?

Â