Final Fantasy

hogso

I found a few articles that disagreed.

Basically said that because of the commercial push behind it and the fact it was the first on the new generation of console, VII was the game that most people first played in the series. But fans of the series don't consider it to be the best.

Obviously I have no idea as I've only played about 7 hours of VII and nothing else.

But yeah, wiki says VI and IX were reviewed more favourably (not by much mind you!)

I was never much of a magic user in FFVII, apart from cure. It's quite amusing when you hear people say the FFXIII battle system is terrible when you can go through the majority of all FF games just bashing x anyway :lol:

Also, im in need of a new game. Now that a few of you are a little further on with XIII-2, is it worth getting?

Can't remember if you mentioned it in this thread - did you play XIII? It isn't required, theres a thing you can read to catch up on the story, but I can't imagine playing XIII-2 without having played XIII first. The story is pretty much a direct continuation, with characters from XIII popping up every now and again, and some of the relationships being critical to the story in XIII-2. Plus, if you like XIII you'll love XIII-2 - if you didn't you probably won't like XIII-2 either, although there are some improvements.

It's a better sequel than X-2 was, put it that way...

Only played VII & VIII. Should i start with XIII first? Probably get that for next to nothing now.

Yeh I would start with XIII. That way if you don't like the way it plays at least you wouldnt have wasted as much money as you wouldve jumping straight into XIII-2, which I guess is still at full retail price?

By the way, probably my favourite moment of VIi so far, was spending 6 hours walking round this city, thiking it was a pretty big game world, and then seeing the world map for the first time and realising it's a drop in the ocean!

Yeh being on the world map for the first time is a great moment. One of my favourites in the game probably, when they're all gathered there outside Midgar, out on the search for ol' Sephy...

Cheers Hogso.

So XIII it is then, do i need the limited edition version?

Naw. If memory serves all it had in it was a little art book, some stickers, a soundtrack, special case...no exclusive DLC or anything.

Yeh being on the world map for the first time is a great moment. One of my favourites in the game probably, when they're all gathered there outside Midgar, out on the search for ol' Sephy...

Cheers Hogso.

So XIII it is then, do i need the limited edition version?

Naw. If memory serves all it had in it was a little art book, some stickers, a soundtrack, special case...no exclusive DLC or anything.

Cheers mate. :thumb:

One last thing...

How do you rate XIII against VII or VIII?

When your character dies it's game over, doesnt matter about the other 2, i hated that with a passion, I've played 6/7/8/9/10/10-2/12 and probably died more in 13 than all of those together, found some parts especially boss battles to be pure trial and error, I got about three quarters through and gave up

The game annoyed me for the first time last night.

I was busy so only managed to squeeze in about 45 minutes of playing it. But in that time I did more or less nothing. Walked into an Inn and then just hit X and read a story.

I was thrilled when he offered to "save the game and take a break"

Yeah I know they'll be important, still annoying though.

Like those important cutscenes in Zelda games that you can't skip, so when you come to play it through a second time you end up going crazy.

Oh the cut scenes are ace..... the graphics engine at the time was awesome.

I mean the dialogue ones where you get the "in game" characters and 10mins worth of blue boxes....

SPOILERS

Like the Shinra Mansion history lesson and putting Cloud "back together"

For me IX was my favourite. I just loved the setting, the story, the characters... the ability system was also one of my favourites. Was a breath of fresh air after the flawed 'junction' system of VIII.

I also enjoyed XIII, I know a lot of people didn't. The battle system was pretty good, the graphics are superb, the characters were interesting and I loved the weapon/accessory upgrading. I might get it again cheap for another play through.

For me IX was my favourite. I just loved the setting, the story, the characters... the ability system was also one of my favourites. Was a breath of fresh air after the flawed 'junction' system of VIII.

I also enjoyed XIII, I know a lot of people didn't. The battle system was pretty good, the graphics are superb, the characters were interesting and I loved the weapon/accessory upgrading. I might get it again cheap for another play through.

Ive brought it this morning mate for the 360.

Got it from here mate, £16.48

Â