Final Fantasy

hogso

i dont use one but seeing as ive played it so many times i do use a missable item list

i level up when when i find somewhere useful to do it, for example when you get to the beach area with the big turtles, they always counter and cast barrier, so if you have a decent HP you can just attack and they will counter giving you your limit break, when you use the 1st limit break 7/8 times you get the second one, then come off the beach on to the grass and you kill 80 enemies to go up to level 2

easy peasy, the turtles give you 100 ap too so your materia goes up really fast, if you get 4/5 enemies on the grass you'll get around 500-1000 exp so by the time you have got most of your characters up to level 3 limit break you will be miles ahead of where you should be in terms of strength

im doing this now, about 12 hours in and ive got the tiny bronco and im doing it in wutai, up until now i havent had any problems, even with the likes of dyne who i can remember taking me ages when i 1st played, i know some people level up early to kill the midgar zolom or whatever its called but i never bother

The best place to level limit breaks early in the game is just after the Midgar Zolom, that little cave bit. One of the monsters outside Midgar gives you Matra Magic enemy skill, which attacks all, and in that cave you can encounter I think 6? little worm things which you can take out with one attack with Matra Magic. Gives your six kills off the bat and you can get all your limit breaks real quick.

i dont use one but seeing as ive played it so many times i do use a missable item list

i level up when when i find somewhere useful to do it, for example when you get to the beach area with the big turtles, they always counter and cast barrier, so if you have a decent HP you can just attack and they will counter giving you your limit break, when you use the 1st limit break 7/8 times you get the second one, then come off the beach on to the grass and you kill 80 enemies to go up to level 2

easy peasy, the turtles give you 100 ap too so your materia goes up really fast, if you get 4/5 enemies on the grass you'll get around 500-1000 exp so by the time you have got most of your characters up to level 3 limit break you will be miles ahead of where you should be in terms of strength

im doing this now, about 12 hours in and ive got the tiny bronco and im doing it in wutai, up until now i havent had any problems, even with the likes of dyne who i can remember taking me ages when i 1st played, i know some people level up early to kill the midgar zolom or whatever its called but i never bother

This is **** double dutch to me :D :D

I didn't even know you could "level up" your limit break.

Anyway, I'm out of Midgar, finished the Shinra tower. It was awesome. I learnt the hard way about having the right Materia equipped (ended up facing Rufus with no magic. Impossible)

I'm also finding that using "Attack" is, on the whole, pointless. Magic is far more effective. Is that right, or am I doing something wrong?

This is **** double dutch to me :D :D

I didn't even know you could "level up" your limit break.

Anyway, I'm out of Midgar, finished the Shinra tower. It was awesome. I learnt the hard way about having the right Materia equipped (ended up facing Rufus with no magic. Impossible)

I'm also finding that using "Attack" is, on the whole, pointless. Magic is far more effective. Is that right, or am I doing something wrong?

Have you upgraded your sword yet? Cant remember how far in before you get chance to buy a new sword?

It does appear that way at the beginning of the game, but you will eventually be relying on Attack quite a bit, certainly mixing it up anyway. At higher levels (and with the right weapons) the physical characters can hit for '000's and you'll want to conserve MP as much as possible. Also, overloading your characters with materia can have a significant drain on their HP. There are also whole sections of the game when you'll either need to or want to fight without any magic, so the more experience you have in battling without it the better.

It's all about finding the right balance; there are certain characters that are simply geared towards magic and ones that are geared towards fighting. Always remember to put the magic users in the back row during battles and keep the fighters in the front row.

Also, there are two "secret" characters in the game; for the sake of not missing out on them (because you absolutely will without knowing exactly what to do when you encounter them, and you wont get certain chunks of the story without getting them in your party), this is how you get them:

Getting Yuffie

Out of the two secret characters that could join your party in Final Fantasy VII, Yuffie Kisaragi will be the toughest to acquire. However, getting her will prove almost vital to your adventures since if you want to, say, breed chocobo, you'd steal more efficiently from certain enemies, and Yuffie is just the character to do that.

Firstly, you'll need to actually find Yuffie. You can find Yuffie at any time during your adventure after you leave Midgar and are able to walk and/or drive around (with your Buggie) a forest area. Any forest area will work. Don't be fooled, though. You will encounter Yuffie just like you will encounter any other enemy -- randomly. If you use the Sense materia when you encounter Yuffie, her name will be 'Mystery Ninja'.

After you engage battle with her, you'll just have to take her down like any other enemy you have faced. You can do anything you want to take her down. It may take a while depending on your level, but she probably won't be strong enough to take down your entire party during the battle. Do what you are most comfortable, and the hard part of acquiring Yuffie will be over.

Once the battle is over, your party and Yuffie will appear on a small map with a save point. Yuffie will be lying down, tired from battle. DO NOT USE THE SAVE POINT. Yuffie is a materia thief. You must NOT take your eyes off her. Do not access your menu or anything. If you do use the Save point or go to a menu, she will be gone and she will have taken some of your Gil.

With all this in mind, approach Yuffie while she is laying down and start to talk with her. Now, during this little dialog, you'll have a choice of what you want to say. You must say the correct things in order for her to get the idea that you want her in your party. Follow the proceeding instructions carefully!

Yuffie: "You spikey-headed jerk One more time, let's go one more time!"

CORRECT ANSWER: Not interested.

Yuffie: "You're pretty scared of me, huh?"

CORRECT ANSWER: ......petrified.

After this, she'll start to leave, but will turn back around and say:

Yuffie: "I'm really gonna leave! REALLY!"

CORRECT ANSWER: Wait a second!

Yuffie: "You want me to go with you?"

CORRECT Answer: ......That's right.

Yuffie: "All right! I'll go with you!"

CORRECT Answer: ......Let's hurry on.

Now, Yuffie will have joined your party. Train her as you will and have fun!

Getting Vincent

Out of the two secret characters you are able to find in Final Fantasy VII, Vincent is the strongest of the two, while Yuffie, the other secret character, is used more for stealing. Finding Vincent, however, is still a bit of work. During or anytime after your first visit to the Shinra Mansion in Nibelheim, Vincent will be locked away in the basement of the mansion. Eventually, you will find your way down there and you will see a wooden door, but it is locked. Guess what? We'll need to find a key for the door!

You'll have to do a little detective work around the Shinra Mansion. In order to obtain the key to the door, you need to unlock the safe on the top floor of the Shinra Mansion. Find the safe and bear in mind that you will have only 20 seconds to open the safe correctly. Since this is not a walkthrough of the game, we'll just be telling you the correct code to open the safe so you can quickly obtain Vincent.

The following code to open the safe is:

Right 36, Left 10, Right 59, Right 97

While entering the code, don't go past any number while entering the combination, or it will not work! Also, before you open the safe, you just might want to save your game, since when you open the safe, you'll be attacked by a boss called Lost Number.

Since Lost Number is an optional boss not featured in the main walkthrough found on this site, we'll tell you here how to defeat the boss.

Lost Number can be an easy boss, or a difficult boss, depending on how you handle him. Add Aeris to your party and set her Limit Break to Level 1 and have her use Seal Evil on Lost Number to paralyze the beast for most of the battle. When its paralyzed, just pummel it with everything you got. By the time it recovers, you should have really made a dent in Lost Number's HP.

This boss is divided into two sides: purple and red. The purple side lives after it loses a certain amount of HP, it will only attack your party with physical attacks, while if the red side lives, it will attack your party with magic attacks. So, what to do? Fight the purple side with magic (as its very resistant to physical attacks) and fight the red side with physical attacks (as its very resistant to magic attacks). Also, you could either cast Aeris' Seal Evil limit break again or use the Choco/Mog summon to paralyze Lost Number.

For winning the battle, you get the Basement Key and Red XIII's Level 4 Limit Break, Cosmo Memory.

Go back down to the Basement of the Shinra Mansion and unlock the Wooden Door you come across. In the room, go up to a coffin resting in the center. Press O and Vincent will come out of the coffin. Once he re-enters his coffin, talk to him again and he'll tell you that his name is Vincent. He'll now go back to sleep. Upon exiting the Shinra Mansion, he'll appear and join your party.

Congratulations! Vincent is now under your control and you can do as you wish with him!

nah its good, you can finish the game without really understanding the majority of it IMO, a fair bit of it will be trial and error (but nowhere near as much as XIII which IMO was stupid) i didnt get all the characters on the 1st play through or do half of the stuff you can do

i tend to play with one person who has a strong attack, one who is good at magic and then a healer, will get you through most boss battles at least

I was never much of a magic user in FFVII, apart from cure. It's quite amusing when you hear people say the FFXIII battle system is terrible when you can go through the majority of all FF games just bashing x anyway :lol:

Also, im in need of a new game. Now that a few of you are a little further on with XIII-2, is it worth getting?

Can't remember if you mentioned it in this thread - did you play XIII? It isn't required, theres a thing you can read to catch up on the story, but I can't imagine playing XIII-2 without having played XIII first. The story is pretty much a direct continuation, with characters from XIII popping up every now and again, and some of the relationships being critical to the story in XIII-2. Plus, if you like XIII you'll love XIII-2 - if you didn't you probably won't like XIII-2 either, although there are some improvements.

It's a better sequel than X-2 was, put it that way...

I was never much of a magic user in FFVII, apart from cure. It's quite amusing when you hear people say the FFXIII battle system is terrible when you can go through the majority of all FF games just bashing x anyway :lol:

Also, im in need of a new game. Now that a few of you are a little further on with XIII-2, is it worth getting?

Can't remember if you mentioned it in this thread - did you play XIII? It isn't required, theres a thing you can read to catch up on the story, but I can't imagine playing XIII-2 without having played XIII first. The story is pretty much a direct continuation, with characters from XIII popping up every now and again, and some of the relationships being critical to the story in XIII-2. Plus, if you like XIII you'll love XIII-2 - if you didn't you probably won't like XIII-2 either, although there are some improvements.

Only played VII & VIII. Should i start with XIII first? Probably get that for next to nothing now.

Only played VII & VIII. Should i start with XIII first? Probably get that for next to nothing now.

Play IX. One of the best.

XIII was the first one on the 360. You'll need a PS2 or PS3 to play IX (you really should it's awesome), X (you really should it's awesome) and XII (I haven't played it, I heard good things but Chindie knows his stuff more than I do and he said earlier in the thread he didn't like it).

XI was online only I think, I didn't play it and didn't miss out from what I read.

Â