Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Great first half. One of the few times I'd say to keep them all on the pitch.

Lots of good performances so far. Fair play to Heskey even for holding it up well.

Herd looks like a player though. Big fan.

i joined after 29 minutes, we havent looked too bad so far since that time and i cant say anything about before then

heskey has done nothing, it is screaming out for a bannan or ireland feed gabby and there will be at least 1 player sent off

nzog has also done very little our midfield of herd and petrov seem to be coping on their own

swap nzog to the left and bring on a midfielder

Half time and I have to ask - what has Heskey done so far????

It's like playing with 10 men.

Gabby, N'Zog and Herd are all putting a good shift in!

he's been involved in all the build up down the left

gave it to gabby before he crossed to bent to score

one-two with zog before our next most dangerous cross

great header won before bent's other one-on-one

even commentator commented on how much he'd been involved.

you, my friend, are watching with an agenda.

Herd is doing a cracking job of reading play and breaking it up.

O'Neill wonnabe will have a plan for Gabby in the second half.

He will indeed, but hopefully that will create more space for CNZ. They're playing quite close together at the moment so I'd put some distance between them. If they do decide to double mark Gabby then they are still in place to mark CNZ, but if AMc spreads the formation then the gaps will appear.

Think Heskey deserves some praise for his stint in the first half too.

why are loads of you jizzing over norwich? they've been no better than us. grass is always greener for villa fans.
Don't think anyone's said anything good about Norwich beyond the first 10 minutes, but they were cutting us to ribbons in that starting period. We were the only ones who looked like scoring after the equaliser though.

Good first half. Whatever AM had in mind when playing Heskey as the link-man is working today. He's been solid. Gabby tearing it up, and Herd breaking up play. Apart from the defenders, we're playing it on the floor patiently and it's decent to watch. Looking good for the second half.

never a foul for there goal some of the refs are diabolical.were playing ok but lets get heskey off and put albrighton on then last 30 petrov off for jenas we need to win today a draws no good fookin go for it villa!!!!!!!!

he's been involved in all the build up down the left - gave it to gabby before he crossed to bent, one-two with zog before our next most dangerous cross, even commentator commented on how much he'd been involved. you, my friend, are watching with an agenda.

An agenda - I wouldn't say that - I just don't see what he offers as he's not good enough to play in the position asked of him. It's not his fault.

Offensively we look good, there is good movement (Nzog playing in a free role helps) and we are getting in behind them and Bent has had 2 great chances and a couple of half chances so lets hope he puts any more he gets away.

Defensively we are still giving away too many silly fouls in dangerous positions, we cut them out and we'll win this comfortably.

he's been involved in all the build up down the left - gave it to gabby before he crossed to bent, one-two with zog before our next most dangerous cross, even commentator commented on how much he'd been involved. you, my friend, are watching with an agenda.

An agenda - I wouldn't say that - I just don't see what he offers as he's not good enough to play in the position asked of him. It's not his fault.

Thats the strange thing, if we are going to keep the ball on the deck and pass it around the edges of the box lets get Ireland or Bannan in that role instead. His passing has been good at times but still feel we have players who could do that position better.