London 2012 Olympic football tournament

TRS-T

Deserved equaliser for Senegal.

Hardly seen Cleverley all night, is he playing holding midfield or what?

I think Japan are becoming a major force in football now, incredible progress in the last 15 years. Don't think it's far fetched to say they could be contenders to win the world cup in 10 years time as they nearly got to the quarters of the last one.

Awful finish from Sordell...he has no business being at this tournament.

Pearce should've binned Richards and called up Stephen Fletcher as Great Britain are too light upfront with Sturridge nowhere near fit.

I'm pretty sure the fact that there are no Scottish or Northern Irish players in the squad is a political one. Fletcher was almost certainly unavailable.

Pearce should've binned Richards and called up Stephen Fletcher as Great Britain are too light upfront with Sturridge nowhere near fit.

I'm pretty sure the fact that there are no Scottish or Northern Irish players in the squad is a political one. Fletcher was almost certainly unavailable.

Nope, they just weren't good enough to get into the squad.

There are Scottish players in the Women's GB squad.

Yeah Fletcher has fallen out with Levein and dosen't want to play for Scotland under him.

Silly to say there's no Scots or N.Irish good enough. Fletcher is better than Sordell and Chris Brunt is better than Jack Cork as two examples.

Nope, they just weren't good enough to get into the squad.

Or, there's a bit of an idiot picking the squad.

Yeah Fletcher has fallen out with Levein and dosen't want to play for Scotland under him.

Silly to say there's no Scots or N.Irish good enough. Fletcher is better than Sordell and Chris Brunt is better than Jack Cork as two examples.

Bannan is better than Jack Cork and under 23 years old.

I don't rate Bannan as highly as others but yeah I thought he would get called up as well as Jordan Rhodes who's Scottish now.

But yeah Danny Rose would've still started instead because these English players rule the world innit.

But they are over-age players.

Barry Bannan is the only Scottish player who is good enough imo.

So when you said that there were no Scottish players good enough to get into the squad you were actually talking bollocks?

And I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why Marvin Sordell or Craig Bellamy should have been selected ahead of Jordan Rhodes.

So when you said that there were no Scottish players good enough to get into the squad you were actually talking bollocks?

And I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why Marvin Sordell or Craig Bellamy should have been selected ahead of Jordan Rhodes.

Scotland's players are just not that good.

And of course Bellamy is better than Rhodes.

Rhodes hasn't even proved himself in the Championship yet :lol:

So it's silly to suggest the likes of Fletcher or Brunt because they are overage players, but it's also silly to suggest that the mediocre likes of Bellamy don't really need to be an overage player?

Well obviously if you're going to assume as bad a manager as Stuart Pearce can't do anything wrong then there's no real helping you.

Fletcher and Brunt would be a waste as over-age players.

Should have picked England players who didn't go to Euro 2012 - Bent, Lennon, Adam Johnson, Ferdinand, Lampard, Barry, Cahill etc

Literally fell asleep after 30mins of last nights match. After the friendly with Brazil too I don't think I'll be wasteing any more time watching this tournament unless things pick up drastically.

Â