Xbox One

hogso

Fighter Within - the only Kinect only launch game - looks to be a bit of a dog. It's a beat em up, and although some of the normal moves work OK, the more advanced stuff seems to be a bit broken. Doesn't really seem that that matters too much though, as the review I read said it would be rubbish with or without Kinect.

Had a really strange thing happen today. My headset just would not work. I could mute the headset, hear beeping in my ear when turning the volume up, but my voice and the voice of the people in my party just would not go through the headset. Anyway, after rebooting and dicking around with settings I found the problem. It was becasue Kinect didn't recognise me, it viewed me as a guest (even though I was the only person in my room, and signed into XBLive with my profile). So yeah, if your microphone isn't working properly, go into Kinect settings and check that it recognises you. Ridiculous "feature" to be honest.

BTW... does anyone else have problems with their kinect recoginising them and auto signing them in? Mine just does not do it for me at all. So now not only do I have to manually sign in, I then have to go through the kinect wizard to make sure it recognises me just so I can talk to people with a headset. So stupid.

Also, on the 360 I could play music in background whilst playing a game. Yet, this feature is removed on XBOne.... WTF? Such  a simple feature. Now you have to have the music app snapped on your screen all the time to play music. **** wank.

I've had problems with the party chat not connecting, although only one of my mates has an Xbox One so whether it's just the connection between us both I don't know.

Try doing a Skype voice call, works a lot better in my opinion anyway.

I've had problems with the party chat not connecting, although only one of my mates has an Xbox One so whether it's just the connection between us both I don't know.

Try doing a Skype voice call, works a lot better in my opinion anyway.

That would probably be because your NAT settings are strict? Or your mates were?

The only way I can open up my NAT is to give the box a static IP address, and everytime I boot the Xbox I need to change it's static IP address and reboot again. Then the NAT is open. Makes little sense. But works. To find if your NAT is open or strict go to Settings > Network . It will tell you in there, 

Bought my 16 year old one (has a 360) and he loves it (for his birthday last June) - pretty impressed myself and I think the scope is there for some great developments over the next few years. 

Also bought the 12 year old one but he has to wait until Xmas to get his hands on it and is not impressed. 

Gameswise he is focussing on Fifa and BF4. At Xmas will have Ryse, CoD and Forza with the latter looking pretty impressive. 

It it just all needs work really. It takes much longer to invite a friend to a party than it does on the 360. You have to start by snapping your party, then going to invite friends, then waiting for a new screen to load, then clicking on your friends name and clicking on invite. They need to massively improve it. It's all not as slick and nice as they have you believe. Loading Skype takes about 3 minutes. The only thing which is fast is switching between Games and TV. Other than that... the 360 dash was more responsive. Little things are better such as being able to exit a game and check settings without having to restart the game, but that should be the norm in 2013. 

Would also be nice if the games I own would get fixed too. FIFA and BF are both just a mess. FIFA comes up with the error "we have detected that your squad file is different to your opponent" 90% of the time online. I was trying to get into a Conquest game on BF for about 30 minutes yesterday. Just kept crashing, so gave up.

Edited by PieFacE

Bought my 16 year old one (has a 360) and he loves it (for his birthday last June) - pretty impressed myself and I think the scope is there for some great developments over the next few years. 

Also bought the 12 year old one but he has to wait until Xmas to get his hands on it and is not impressed. 

Gameswise he is focussing on Fifa and BF4. At Xmas will have Ryse, CoD and Forza with the latter looking pretty impressive. 

You bought them one each?

It it just all needs work really. It takes much longer to invite a friend to a party than it does on the 360. You have to start by snapping your party, then going to invite friends, then waiting for a new screen to load, then clicking on your friends name and clicking on invite. They need to massively improve it. It's all not as slick and nice as they have you believe. Loading Skype takes about 3 minutes. The only thing which is fast is switching between Games and TV. Other than that... the 360 dash was more responsive. Little things are better such as being able to exit a game and check settings without having to restart the game, but that should be the norm in 2013. 

Would also be nice if the games I own would get fixed too. FIFA and BF are both just a mess. FIFA comes up with the error "we have detected that your squad file is different to your opponent" 90% of the time online. I was trying to get into a Conquest game on BF for about 30 minutes yesterday. Just kept crashing, so gave up.

Out of 10, what would you rate the new system. I am tempted to purchase one, but if you think it needs some work, I can wait till these issues are addressed. 

You bought them one each?

The eldest had his as a belated birthday/GCSE results present and the younger one wanted one for Xmas. We did sell his PS3 to help fund this!!

Â