Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

hercs23

Now lets not sit back in our own half please.

we've been in control all match, why would that be your first thought?

because thats what we've done every match this season where we've taken the lead. :(

Very comfortable first half. Bannan, Gabby and Dunne are playing well. Delph has been poor and Hutton hasn't looked comfortable when 1 on 1 wiht Moses. The rest have been solid.

I expect us to get 2 more in the second half as Wigan will need to push forward.

Ireland injured

Great news. :lol:

Can't say I disagree tbh.. I'd like to see Gardner instead (Yes I know it's a big step up etc) but im confident he'll offer more than Ireland imo.

That said Clark is on the bench, I'd put him on for Ireland in midfield and see how he does there as I think he can be good there too, composed and is pretty decent.

(N'Zog and Heskey will come on instead though)

Much better from Villa this game.

Gabby looks like a different player from last season fab strike and scored a great goal.

Some fantastic balls from Bannan first half........ think Ireland has tried hard and linked up well.

Ireland hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some are suggesting. A few wayward passes/shots but on the whole he is presenting and not the anonymous waste of space he was last season.

Delph on the other hand ... he is looking League 2 level at best today and just cannot pass it to a Villa player to save himself.

Delph off for N'Zogbia at half time I think.