The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Mantis, ive said that a new manager needs at least 2 years, but given how shocking bad we have been this season and the fans feeling towards the manager then any sensible person would sack him now.

I was against sacking him 5 games ago because that would just have been disruptive in our survival chances.

None of this means i wanted him as manager though. I dont know why youre so determined to make out otherwise. It was a disaster from the start and we shouldnt even be in this situation talking about alex **** mcleish

You could argue. Given has kept us up, so money well spent by McLeish

Given is a great shot stopper, but when Guzan came in he dominated his area better. Against Stoke away he was great at coming off his line and dealing with the long throws being hurled into our box. He also helped us to gain valuable away wins at Bolton and Chelsea.

I just think that with limited funds and a small squad, McLeish could have spent more wisely. When Given was asked how he had managed to get such a long contract, he just smiled nervously.

I'm still of the opinion that McLeish will be gone pretty soon after the Norwich game.

When he did the post match interview Pat Murphy (who seemingly loathes Villa after we parted company with his mate MON) very much steered the conversation towards the future. McLeish is hardly going to say that he does not know whether he has a job next season. To me it was very much the last hurrah of a defiant man.

My recollection from the MON years which both MON and Lerner separately confirmed was that they sat down after the season was over and reviewed it in detail. MON said he could not confirm whether he would still be the manager until that review had taken place. I doubt that has changed as given until yesterday we did not even know what league we would be in.

The reason McLeish will go is money. People keep saying the club will not spend the money paying him off. Frankly £4m to get rid is cheap compared top what we have lost revenue wise and will lose next season. I've posted this before but we have and will have lost probably £15m of revenue under his tenure.

That's not even thinking about relegation. We will stay up because there are worse sides in the league which was luckily for McLeish as our form has been relegation all season. He has lost the fans completely and if any of the rumours are to be believed he has lost some of the players too.

I just can't believe Lerner does not see this particularly if he does want to sell up at some point.

No Mantis, ive said that a new manager needs at least 2 years, but given how shocking bad we have been this season and the fans feeling towards the manager then any sensible person would sack him now.

I was against sacking him 5 games ago because that would just have been disruptive in our survival chances.

None of this means i wanted him as manager though. I dont know why youre so determined to make out otherwise. It was a disaster from the start and we shouldnt even be in this situation talking about alex **** mcleish

You've clearly changed your tune (which is good) but a few weeks ago you were talking about how he should get another season. How does that not count as wanting him?

All I'm doing is refuting your claim that nobody ever wanted him.

Another article that suggest AM is staying published just over an hour ago.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/07/3087094/aston-villa-need-to-get-their-finger-out-next-season-mcleish

God this man chats so much BS.

"At the end of the day, it's down to the players."

This one line says it all.

Err no Alex, It is mainly down to the manager. The best players in the world will achieve nothing if the manager is a total dickhead.

I'm still of the opinion that McLeish will be gone pretty soon after the Norwich game.

When he did the post match interview Pat Murphy (who seemingly loathes Villa after we parted company with his mate MON) he very much steered the conversation towards the future. McLeish is hardly going to say that he does not know whether he has a job next season. To me it was very much the last hurrah of a defiant man.

My recollection from the MON years which both MON and Lerner separately confirmed was that they sat down after the season was over and reviewed it in detail. MON said he could not confirm whether he would still be the manager until that review had taken place. I doubt that has changed as given until yesterday we did not even know what league we would be in.

The reason McLeish will go is money. People keep saying the club will not spend the money paying him off. Frankly £4m to get rid is cheap compared top what we have lost revenue wise and will lose next season. I've posted this before but we have and will have lost probably £15m of revenue under his tenure.

That's not even thinking about relegation. We will stay up because there are worse sides in the league which was luckily for McLeish as our form has been relegation all season. He has lost the fans completely and if any of the rumours are to be believed he has lost some of the players too.

I just can't believe Lerner does not see this particularly if he does want to sell up at some point.

What you say makes great sense to all Villa fans. Let's just hope that Randolph sees it that way.

Any Villa fan that thinks McLeish should be given another season, Is Insane.

So Doug Ellis is insane then! I thought so.

i heard 3 blokes before the game in the holte end say he should have another crack at it cus his had bad luck with injurys.

he does, incredibly still have some support amongst the fans.

All I'm doing is refuting your claim that nobody ever wanted him.

Nobody ever wanted him. Nobody.

So thinking he should get another season doesn't count as wanting him? Strange.

Lerner has probably realised its the senior pros at the club who have been insubordinate, undermined the manager both on & off the pitch and for that reason he will allow the manager more time to clear them out

As for a 90 minute protest at Norwich ? How Smalltime

What?

You really do take the biscuit.

I swear you are only here as a WUM! :evil:

i heard 3 blokes before the game in the holte end say he should have another crack at it cus his had bad luck with injurys.

Were their names Larry, Curly and Moe?

I find that hard to believe. I do not know any Villa fans who want him to stay. I sit in the North stand and everybody around me is moaning about him and want him out.

I find that hard to believe. I do not know any Villa fans who want him to stay. I sit in the North stand and everybody around me is moaning about him and want him out.

if i knew i needed evidence id have used a Dictaphone :D .

they might have been the only ones in the stadium with that opinion, but the general vibe of there conversation was he should get another season because of the shit his had this season

Was this just before they walked off to take up their seats in the Trinity Road stand with the other McLeish clappers?

Â