The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 wins out of 37 games. pathetic.

only once in the history of the Premiership has a team stayed up having 7 wins or less.

that was west brom in 2004/2005 , and they got relegated the next year.

Since I started supporting villa in 1989 , we have never been this useless.

We are all glad this season is over, because if it was to run for another few games, we would certainly go down.

and its quite obvious that if there are not major changes in the coming months, we will go down next year(and deservedly so), like west Brom in 05/06.

If a club shows ambition like ours has over the past few years by selling all and settling for mediocrity, and makes gigantic mistakes like we have, we have no place in the Premiership.

I dont know a single Villa fan who holds his previous club against him, I'm confident saying that generally speaking, us Villa fans, we're above that.

:lol:

With a near 7 year history on VT, are you sure about this statement?

I think Shearer's comments were along the lines of feeling sorry for McLeish as he was a dead man walking with the fans (he was/is) and he was very unlucky with injuries (he has been).

Because he failed to add that the McLeish has been pretty much clueless in organising the team, has failed abysmally to bring results at home, and has delivered a points total that no amount of animosity or injuries can justify, he hasn't fulfilled the wishes of a few on here, and has therefore been subjected to the usual abuse.

But what he actually said was correct.

McLeish was a dead man walking not because he came from SHA but because of his record at SHA. If a manager has a track record of shit negative football, poor results and relegations (like McLeish) then it's no surprise that fans will turn quickly on said manager should he not do anything to change that record quickly.

Fact is though, the fans have been extremely patient with him. Only now are fans starting to show their discontent in large numbers at games, despite the fact that we've had to put up with this shit negative football and poor results for pretty much the entire season.

All these so called pundits need to **** right off. They are paid a lot of money to watch football whereas we PAY a lot of money to watch HOOFBALL!

Possibly the only positive of McLeish is that he doesn't play 'HOOFBALL', as you put it, unlike the two previous incumbents of his position.

Indeed Dunne and Collins have probably felt distinctly underused as the team have been trying to pass the ball, albeit not very well.

But then 'HOOFBALL' clearly gives better results, so perhaps we had better go and find another such manager.

What are you talking about? We hoof now more than we ever did under MON and Houllier.

Randy is 4,000 miles away,out of sight out of mind for him maybe, he has many other things that will be a priority to him over Aston Villa sadly.

Mc Leish is the frontman thats all,albeit a poor one.

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

Very interesting, this squad of players are obviously a bunch of idiots.

Although mcleish can now be judged on his own merit. I don`t need to repeat the same old stats and what not, he`s obviously not good enough.

Overpaid bunch of idiots methinks

Apparently so I understand - the average wage at AVFC is £45K per week.... yes that's the AVERAGE.

Villa are now in position number 20 in the league of sports clubs around the world with the highest wage bills.

That includes every single club in the Premier League, the NFL, the Baseball League, big European teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Seria A teams and South American.... you name it!

Getting crowds who struggled to move above 40K when we were fighting for Champions League football!

The MON legacy lives on....

Overpaid bunch of idiots methinks

Apparently so I understand - the average wage at AVFC is £45K per week.... yes that's the AVERAGE.

Villa are now in position number 20 in the league of sports clubs around the world with the highest wage bills.

That includes every single clubs in the Premier League, the NFL, the Baseball League, big European teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Seria A teams and

South American.... you name it!

The MON legacy lives on....

Its crazy, but o`neill didn`t negotiate those contracts. The blame lies with the ceo aswell in my opinion.

We can all tell who is taking those wages aswell, the likes of heskey,dunne,collins,warnock. Average rubbish with no techical quality at all.

Faulkner needs to get a grip of that big name. O`neill has been gone two years and nothing has changed, given was handed a massive contract and we have been paying jenas`s wages all season.

Its crazy, but o`neill didn`t negotiate those contracts.

Really?!!...

People need to jog their memories a little.... how many CEOs of AVFC did MON see off during his reign chappies?!!

Why do you think that might be I wonder?!!!

Well Heskey is off after the last game

Collins I believe will go to Sunderland

Shifting Dunne & Warnock may be trickier unless a promoted team take them on

I think if we can shift the old guard, then for starters I'd pick up a couple from the best of the fallen.

Hoillette springs to mind if Blackburn go at least and Scott Dann & maybe one or two from Wolves

Re-unite Scott Dann & Roger Johnson maybe for CD. I know they're ex SHA but they were a damned good pairing under McLeish.

No goals from set plays.

Did we lose 2-1 at Sunderland then? I wasn't aware our 2nd didn't count.

My mistake.

Slightly off topic, but an interesting stat... Man City haven't scored a goal from a set piece all season.

I'd gladly not have the Sunderland 2-2 draw if it meant winning the title... ;)

Â