The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Didn't Commoli sign Carroll and Henderson for Liverpool? Last thing we need is more waste of ££££..

Yeah that is the one. He was also at Spurs, on the back on Jol guiding them to two top 5 finishes Comolli was involved (and rumoured to take control of transfers) and spent something like 40m. Spurs subsequently sacked Jol and flirted with the relegation for the majority of the season.

Bottom line - Comolli would be as big a disaster as keeping McLeish.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Commoli sign Carroll and Henderson for Liverpool? Last thing we need is more waste of ££££..

Yeah that is the one. He was also at Spurs, on the back on Jol guiding them to two top 5 finishes Comolli was involved (and rumoured to take control of transfers) and spent something like 40m. Spurs subsequently sacked Jol and flirted with the relegation for the majority of the season.

Wasn't Commoli responsible for spurs signing bale, huddlestone, lennon, walker, naughton etc...

Whilst I agree that he spends money it is has been spent on some quality...would still require Mc to be sacked and a more tactical manager to take advantage of the players' ability

Wasn't Commoli responsible for spurs signing bale, huddlestone, lennon, walker, naughton etc...

Whilst I agree that he spends money it is has been spent on some quality...would still require Mc to be sacked and a more tactical manager to take advantage of the players' ability

I'm fairly certain that Walker and Naughton at least would have been after his time. I'd have though Lennon and Huddlestone would have been before but I'm not an expert. I wouldn't dispute that he probably did make/ influence a few good signings but where ever he has been money has been spent with very little return. I think if you look at his exits from clubs its fair to say he may be disruptive too.

McLeish is a genius.

All those times he ordered the team to sit back when we were behind against Man Utd, City Liverpool (etc) has meant that our goal difference should be enough to keep us up.

I am absolutely fuming. Sherer - what an uninformed muppet, why do we settle for this level of 'analysis', when was the last time MOTD pointed out something noteworthy? They pitch at the lowest denominator, assuming we are all mugs. I've had a good old rant on facebook about that one by Shearer, very out of character for me but it's becoming a joke now.

I dont know a single Villa fan who holds his previous club against him, I'm confident saying that generally speaking, us Villa fans, we're above that.

Â