The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

He's a championship manager punching above his weight in the bowels of the PL

I disagree.

Me too.

Me three.

Martinez is my first choice. Bring him in, and give him four years to turn our young players into a proper footballing team. AM/PG OUT! (in May)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a championship manager punching above his weight in the bowels of the PL

I disagree.

Me too.

Me three.

My hunch is also to disagree, although time will tell. I reckon he could do really well with a bit of financial backing.

and patience!

It takes time to implement a blueprint and restructure a club, particularly one that has been heavily reliant on counter attacking football rather than a possession based game. Barca didnt happen overnight, it took 20 odd years and the vision of a certain Mr Cryuff to set them on the path they are now enjoying.

Fortunately, I think that our academy staff and the way they set up the youngsters to play does give us something to work with. Its that transistion from lower pressure reserve and youth football into Premier League football where the right manager is necessary. We dont currently have that manager, but Martinez could, could, do wonders.

One thing I know for sure, I would prefer to see what Martinez can do than continue to listen to the ginger whinger blaming his own inadequacies on injuries, Ashley Young, God, referees, the fans, the clubs expectations and Randy. My apologies for the numerous people who I have failed to mention.

ahhh divide and rule is kicking in !

A week ago - Mcleish was clearly in the firing line. now were splitting, Faulkner, Lerner, Peter Grant, -

Lerner is not the owner we hoped - granted, but look at what Newcastle, WBA,Everton, Fulham, and many more have acheived with considerably less.

Sacking Mcleish won't cure all ills - but clearly a manager who is homing in on 3 relegation's in 4 PL league seasons, and has almost zero support among the supporters - isn't the future in way shape or form.

Keep focused folks.

I am sure Lerner will stand aside in due course - but in the interim we need a manager who do better with our resources

It will be an absolute shambles if McLeish keeps his job at the end of the season. How can a manager who is on track for overseeing the worst home record ever, finishing behind Baggies for the first time in 34 years and having our lowest PL points total keep his job? Not to mention the poor football. He looks a clueless man, totally devoid of ideas when he's either standing on the side lines or sitting squashed between Grant and Cowans.

Well if I were AMC and I knew I was losing Downing and Young the first thing i'd say to Randy before taking the job is that "I will lower the wage bill and lose quality players as long as you give me time to get my own players" ......... This summer I can only imagine there's going to be a huge overhaul in the squad. AMC will have a chance to bring in his own players and Randy will give him the opportunity to do that. If we're still in a relegation battle by Xmas next season then he will be gone IMO.

Whilst I think our squad are capable of a higher position then where are at the minute, I don't think our squad is very good at all. In a way McLeish deserves the chance to get in his own players and then try it.... but i'd rather he didn't. :D

The question is (apart from a Facebook group trying to get banners and leaflets produced for a protest at the home game to Spurs) what is anyone doing about it?

The answer is '**** All'.

Aren't those renewing their season tickets giving a mandate to Lerner to basically say "carry on regardless because we will still be pumping money into your business"?

So if McLeish is still here next season then there are 1000's who will have to look at themselves and say "what did I do to help when my club needed it"?

In my opinion, it is a bit like voting Tory at the last general election and then spending the next 4-5 years moaning about the fact that the government has stitched you up.

Totally unbelievable!

Well if I were AMC and I knew I was losing Downing and Young the first thing i'd say to Randy before taking the job is that "I will lower the wage bill and lose quality players as long as you give me time to get my own players" ......... This summer I can only imagine there's going to be a huge overhaul in the squad. AMC will have a chance to bring in his own players and Randy will give him the opportunity to do that. If we're still in a relegation battle by Xmas next season then he will be gone IMO.

Whilst I think our squad are capable of a higher position then where are at the minute, I don't think our squad is very good at all. In a way McLeish deserves the chance to get in his own players and then try it.... but i'd rather he didn't. :D

No. McLeish does not deserve anymore chances.

No. McLeish does not deserve anymore chances.

Well you're very much welcome to that opinion, unfortunately I'm of the opinion Randy thinks differently. :(

To be honest if we sack McLeish and appoint Martinez its just another false dawn

We need a proven, high calibre manager that befits a club of our potential

We are not Wigan or Norwich or Swansea

Scholari, Capello, Koeman, Rijkaard, that's the type of short list randy needs to work on

There were about 25000 villa fans in the ground yesterday. It looked to me only around 25% of them were interested in protesting singing anti McLeish. You would be amazed how many fans are happy to put up with and keep Mcleish for as long as his contract lasts I have spoke to a few. If he is here next seasom we only have us as fans to blame. I Think Lerner and co. dont even think there is a problem with fans hating McLeish.

To be honest if we sack McLeish and appoint Martinez its just another false dawn

We need a proven, high calibre manager that befits a club of our potential

We are not Wigan or Norwich or Swansea

Scholari, Capello, Koeman, Rijkaard, that's the type of short list randy needs to work on

Not this again.

Why are you so against managers that aren't high profile? Everyone starts somewhere.

Koeman

Are you insane, look at his record. Seriously. Rijkaard outside of Barca has been unspectacular. In fact I'd probably plump for Martinez before most of those on the basis that two of them are in decline. I think Sven is a better option than Capello or Scholari to be honest too.

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Bet they're all desperate to come here too. No money to spend and to lower the wage bill. Great prospect for a well known manager who could get a job elsewhere.

There were about 25000 villa fans in the ground yesterday. It looked to me only around 25% of them were interested in protesting singing anti McLeish. You would be amazed how many fans are happy to put up with and keep Mcleish for as long as his contract lasts I have spoke to a few. If he is here next seasom we only have us as fans to blame. I Think Lerner and co. dont even think there is a problem with fans hating McLeish.

I guess you have to allow for the fact that there are quite a few people in the world who were at the back of the queue when brains were given out!

The question is (apart from a Facebook group trying to get banners and leaflets produced for a protest at the home game to Spurs) what is anyone doing about it?

Aren't those renewing their season tickets giving a mandate to Lerner to basically say "carry on regardless because we will still be pumping money into your business"?

So if McLeish is still here next season then there are 1000's who will have to look at themselves and say "what did I do to help when my club needed it"?

In my opinion, it is a bit like voting Tory at the last general election and then spending the next 4-5 years moaning about the fact that the government has stitched you up.

Totally unbelievable!

Good shout mate, that's exactly how I feel about it all.

Totally unbelievable!

Good shout mate, that's exactly how I feel about it all.

where is this fbook group?

Â