The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Really looking forward to the Bolton game. Going with a load of mates from work (none are Villa fans) and they can see how shit we are under McLeish. They also think he's gash and are ready to abuse at will.
Excellent. If it's another shit performance or another draw or loss then McLeish deserves it with both barrels. I mean, he deserves it anyway but I think it'd be a bit silly to shout too much abuse after a win.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has sense he can get a result on saturday. Sunderland are a tired team and are there for the taken and could also motivate the younger players with a speech like if he was still in charge their is no chance you would be near the 1st team.

Doubt he will do either :(

If he has sense he can get a result on saturday. Sunderland are a tired team and are there for the taken and could also motivate the younger players with a speech like if he was still in charge their is no chance you would be near the 1st team.

Plenty of teams have been there for the taking this yet very rarely have we gotten a good result or performance against them.

Only 3 more home games to go and then my time spent going to VP on match days comes to an end.

Well done Lerner, well done McLeish, you have achieved in one season what no woman has managed to ever achieve, you've stopped me going to the Villa.

I heard this said by so many supporters who go back some way in there support for villa.

I have to decide on renewell for next season . What the heck is going on.

Last season I went to many games home and away.

Under MON I went to god knows how many.

The day I got home from work and AM was announced as manager I sat there and watched his presser and was disgusted. I turned to who ever was with me in the room and said "I will not going to a villa game with him in charge. Randy and Paul won't get a penny out of me".

It's killed me as I've stuck to my word and even thou we are shit I really miss it. But if this idiot is still here next season I will still stay true to my word. But that's just me and were I lay and how I feel about bein let down by the appointment.

#gettheECKout

Oddly enough I've been to a lot more games than usual this season. Don't know why. I think it's because there have been so many draws/defeats and a lack of goals, so I keep on going just so I can finally get to celebrate some goals and a win. That and I've been sitting in the North Stand Lower, which has a much better atmosphere than most sections of the ground.

We've won one game in the last three months and a whole two in the league in 2012. That's some feat there by McLeish. He's certainly taking his time "winning us over".

Plenty of teams have been there for the taking this yet very rarely have we gotten a good result or performance against them.

In fact we are the team to play if you need to turn a bad run around!!

"Alex for England!!!"

(after all: club before country...)

For England, I hope you mean Alex Ferguson.

Read the comment in brackets, it's clear who I mean by that.

I remember in O'Leary's last year, Sven had annopunced he was leaving the England job, and We really wanted shot of O'Leary. There was a massive banner at the last away game saying ' O'Leary for England'.:-)

As you say club before country.

First lines defending him last lines attacking - Graham Taylor...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17746583

The 67-year-old, who led Villa to second place in 1990 before becoming England manager, explained: "I just think it's better to lose a game by trying to win it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but it's better for the supporters, spectators and the game as a whole.

"If you are preparing your side not to lose - and I'm sure Alex would disagree, but that's how it looks - then, if you don't win that game, you come in for a great deal of criticism and that's what's been happening at Villa."

Discussing the atmosphere at the club, he added: "It's created a very downtrodden air when you go to Villa.

"It's quiet at the moment in a situation where people are worried, they're not happy, they're gloomy and that doesn't help trying to get results on the pitch."

I'd like to think GT started off thinking he doesn't want to come across and slag off another manager but by the end of the interview he really had no choice. You can almost tell when he realised there was no defending him.

I'd like to think GT started off thinking he doesn't want to come across and slag off another manager but by the end of the interview he really had no choice. You can almost tell when he realised there was no defending him.

Interesting - as he has been muted for the DOF role.

Â