The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

yep 1.06 pts a game is far more damning then having a go at him for the colour of his hair!

as is our current situation in the league. if he stays after a relegation it would be criminal, if he stays after getting our lowest points total in 20 years of being in the premiership then we better come out of the blocks flying next season or he'll have to go and getting a manager during the season is harder than trying to do it in june.

i don't go for all the personal abuse and was all for giving him the time to turn it round. if anything it's got worse. if he is here in the summer then the rebuild is going to be very interesting! to be honest i'd rather it wasn't him in charge of it,

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people actually "hate" him tho? I certainly dont, at the end of the day he has done nothing wrong and certainly nothing to offend me. He's just not a very good manager.
I do. If it was just the results and nothing else then no I wouldn't but when you take the lying and constant attempts to deflect blame from himself and couple that with the negative and pathetic manner with which he's set the team up on countless occasions this season then yes, I most certainly do hate him. I don't even think he's that much of a nice man either. I don't know him in person but if he was so nice then he wouldn't lie and try and shift the blame away from himself all the time. He's come in and single-handedly dragged the standing of the club down. He acts as if we're some kind of tin-pot conference side.

I think the only reason people call him "a nice man" is because they can't think of any positives with regards to his management skills.

he has done nothing wrong?

have you watched villa this season?

done nothing to offend you?

i will take it the first answer is a no then.

i cant personally stand him for what he has done to something i love

I have watched Villa this season and i agree its shite. But i can't say that i feel personally offended by the whole situation. Im not happy about it but it certainly doesnt drive me to hate the bloke, like i say he has done nothing wrong in my eyes, he's trying to manage the team to the best of his ability which simply isnt good enough. I personally blaim Lerner for the situation we currently find ourselves in.

I do, which doesn't make me much of a human being i know but I do hate him now.....tactics, interviews and team selections just annoyed me, irritated me but week after week of this that I do hate him for being at my club

You actually feel hatred towards Alex McLeish? No offence but i find that a little pathetic. He was offered the chance to manage our club, therefore as i said above, i blaim Lerner for it.

Each to their own, i mean who am i to tell you how to feel towards someone? I just cant see how you can hate someone for trying to do their best.

Maybe i just dont eat, sleep and live Aston Villa like some of you do. Maybe im not as much of a fan/supporter as some of you. I dont know.

I think the last 3 words of your post is more accurate. You do realise that you are on a football forum dont you? Doing his best? He is rubbish! if thats his best we should all lay off him and let him do his job to the BEST of his ability. No matter how much we flirt with relegation and boring the fans to death we should just sit back and hold back our emotions! Get real!

Shit!?!? This is a football forum!?!?

Yes, i know he's rubbish, but do you really think he's not doing his best? Of course he's trying his best, and as ive said before, his best is simply not good enough. No offence chap, but you cannot sit there and honestly tell me you dont think he is trying to do well!?

Im not saying hold back your emotions, my issue is with people saying they 'hate' the man. Ive got no issue with people voicing their opinions but when when people start slinging it around that they feel hatred towards McLeish then im sorry, you need to step back and remember this is a game...to listen to some of you you would think the bloke raped your sister!!!

Get real??? I think by admitting that football isnt the be-all-and-end-all i am living in the real world.

In a contradicting way I agree with you, hate is a strong word and it is only football but this is what happens in football, its what creates an atmosphere, its what is missing on the pitch at the moment and that is passion.

I dont lose sleep over this, in fact I have said many times that I want us to go down as I think its what the club may need to do plus we are going nowhere next season and I for one would rather be playing where we belong at present rather than make up the numbers and have to go through this again next season.

People are angry Wiggy and its great to have a forum to vent it out on but I really cant see any argument for defending AM.

I think protests should be kept off the pitch, voice your opinion yes but going on the pitch gets bad press.

Mate, im not defending him as a manager. I know it may come accross that way, but i agree with you all. He's useless, shit, tactically inept, the worst manager ive seen at the club, shit, an awful appointment, did i mention he was shit?

Im defending him for his effort and saying that regardless of what some believe, he is trying to be a successful manager at Aston Villa FC. He will never succeed as long as he has a hole in his arse but there is no way you can stand there and deny his effort.

I dont want him here as much as the next man, but lets not start hating the bloke for accepting the challenge and trying to do well. I reiterate that his best is and never will be good enough, and the blaim stays at the feet of Lerner in my eyes for appointing him in the first place.

I still dont see what he has done wrong? He was an awful appointment and was never going to succeed, therefore, again, Randy Lerner has to shoulder the blaim.

Hate him i do not, dislike him i do not, like him as a man i do, applaude him for having the balls to accept the challenge i do.

I still cant get my head around how people can hate a person for giving it their all and their all not being good enough.

Hate him i do not, dislike him i do not, like him as a man i do, applaude him for having the balls to accept the challenge i do.

I still cant get my head around how people can hate a person for giving it their all and their all not being good enough.

Can I just ask, what is it exactly that makes you like him? I can understand people not disliking him, but why is he specifically liked? You say he's got balls, but how? He's being paid millions.

It's not just that though. It's the way he's dragged our name through the mud and, lied and refused to accept any blame.

Can I just ask, what is it exactly that makes you like him? I can understand people not disliking him, but why is he specifically liked? You say he's got balls, but how? He's being paid millions.

It's not just that though. It's the way he's dragged our name through the mud and, lied and refused to accept any blame.

I like his hair and the fact that he hasnt raped my sister.

Trinity lower aren't militant enough to protest/ turn their backs etc. they are all hardcore ST holders down there who will blindly support any manager, it could be Kermit The Frog and they'd still stand and politely applaud

As for trophy winning gingers, doesn't Neil Lennon count and isnt Arry a bit ginger

I like his hair and the fact that he hasnt raped my sister.

:crylaugh:

Trinity lower aren't militant enough to protest/ turn their backs etc. they are all hardcore ST holders down there who will blindly support any manager, it could be Kermit The Frog and they'd still stand and politely applaud

As for trophy winning gingers, doesn't Neil Lennon count and isnt Arry a bit ginger

I seriously doubt it. They're all fans just like us. Why would people in the Trinity Lower love McLeish but everyone else hate him?

I have watched Villa this season and i agree its shite. But i can't say that i feel personally offended by the whole situation. Im not happy about it but it certainly doesnt drive me to hate the bloke, like i say he has done nothing wrong in my eyes, he's trying to manage the team to the best of his ability which simply isnt good enough. I personally blaim Lerner for the situation we currently find ourselves in.

I do, which doesn't make me much of a human being i know but I do hate him now.....tactics, interviews and team selections just annoyed me, irritated me but week after week of this that I do hate him for being at my club

You actually feel hatred towards Alex McLeish? No offence but i find that a little pathetic. He was offered the chance to manage our club, therefore as i said above, i blaim Lerner for it.

Each to their own, i mean who am i to tell you how to feel towards someone? I just cant see how you can hate someone for trying to do their best.

Maybe i just dont eat, sleep and live Aston Villa like some of you do. Maybe im not as much of a fan/supporter as some of you. I dont know.

I think the last 3 words of your post is more accurate. You do realise that you are on a football forum dont you? Doing his best? He is rubbish! if thats his best we should all lay off him and let him do his job to the BEST of his ability. No matter how much we flirt with relegation and boring the fans to death we should just sit back and hold back our emotions! Get real!

Yes, i know he's rubbish, but do you really think he's not doing his best? Of course he's trying his best, and as ive said before, his best is simply not good enough. No offence chap, but you cannot sit there and honestly tell me you dont think he is trying to do well!?

Im not saying hold back your emotions, my issue is with people saying they 'hate' the man. Ive got no issue with people voicing their opinions but when when people start slinging it around that they feel hatred towards McLeish then im sorry, you need to step back and remember this is a game...to listen to some of you you would think the bloke raped your sister!!!

Get real??? I think by admitting that football isnt the be-all-and-end-all i am living in the real world.

I'm with Wiggy on this one. I cannot wait to see him gone, and am crossing fingers that it will happen ASAP, but to say you hate the man? Well two things:

1) You don't know him. You've never had a conversation with him. You are decidedly ignorant of just who he is. I find it hard to hate in that circumstance. What has he done to earn your hate? To try and fail to be a good manager here. That's it. He sucks as a manager. If you hate him for that, well, that's how you feel, but it seems at best misguided.

2) To get back to the original point: if used in a propaganda campaign, it would backfire. The fans come off as the bad guys when using "hate". Far better to highlight the fact that he isn't good enough, not that you personally hate who he appears to be on camera.

I met him in touchwood when he was managing the noses and he was with his two daughters

To be fair he seemed a decent bloke stopping to chat with noses sign autographs etc even though it was clearly his family time

I seriously doubt it. They're all fans just like us. Why would people in the Trinity Lower love McLeish but everyone else hate him?

There's a group on Twitter that are raising funds to have 30,000 A4 flyers with "McLeish Out" printed for the Spurs game.

Twitter name is McLeish_Out

At least with this and the back turning something is starting to be done. Turning your back at the Sunderland game is a great idea as the meeting of Eck and MON should get decent coverage in the media anyway.

I'm with Wiggy on this one. I cannot wait to see him gone, and am crossing fingers that it will happen ASAP, but to say you hate the man? Well two things:

1) You don't know him. You've never had a conversation with him. You are decidedly ignorant of just who he is. I find it hard to hate in that circumstance. What has he done to earn your hate? To try and fail to be a good manager here. That's it. He sucks as a manager. If you hate him for that, well, that's how you feel, but it seems at best misguided.

2) To get back to the original point: if used in a propaganda campaign, it would backfire. The fans come off as the bad guys when using "hate". Far better to highlight the fact that he isn't good enough, not that you personally hate who he appears to be on camera.

I'm sorry you might think I'm misguided or a little pathetic but I was asked the question and I answered. I'm not truly bothered what other people think of what I think of McLeish. I'm not sure why it's misguided or a little pathetic from the comments from the above two posters. I think I'm a fairy level headed individual and on the whole get on with most people. I love the Villa, I hate the manager....just the way it is.

There's a group on Twitter that are raising funds to have 30,000 A4 flyers with "McLeish Out" printed for the Spurs game.

Twitter name is McLeish_Out

At least with this and the back turning something is starting to be done. Turning your back at the Sunderland game is a great idea as the meeting of Eck and MON should get decent coverage in the media anyway.

Take away the Sunderland fans, surely they'll only need 25,000 max.:-)

Â