The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Wigan won at Anfield and so did a few other teams, why could'ent we ?

Do you think we are aiming too high ? maybe we should try to be as good as Wigan ?!

Wigna had a full team, Villa went there missing all our key players, arguably our result was better under circiumstances

This.. Ask Wigan to go to Liverpool with 8 players injured forcing them to play 5-6 players from the reserves and get a draw. They would get absolutely destroyed and it's testament to the quality of some of our youngsters that we didn't.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to AM for getting us the result at Anfield. His tactics in the first half were spot on, yet they were awful in the second. We once again invited pressure onto ourselves by sitting far too deep.

Even if we win all of our remaining games (which we won't) the fact remains that AM isn't good enough.

So you think our first team we could do any better, cause we rolled over last time we played them. This wasn't a classic Liverpool side and with there recent track record I was looking for a win. i can understand the difficult situation McLeish has found himself in, but with 20 million and a near full season the team has not changed since day one of the season, if anything, it looks worst. The players have proved there potential I.e Chelsea, so no one tell me the team is just not good enough.

I could search but feeling lazy. Anyone know what our lowest premiership points total is?

42 I believe.. That was in the O'Leary season in which he got sacked.

Cheers.

So the general said he thought we could finish 5th

Faulkner said he thought we could get a European spot.

Mcleish said we should be top half.

And we're looking likely to get our lowest ever premiership points total.

There is just no way this can be defended.

No way will we get 42 this season.

Which would be a disgrace and make you think what would have to happen for Mcleish to be sacked.

I get the impression that there's nothing he could that would get him sacked. He could come out and call the fans words removed on live TV and he'd still keep his job.

But still in some peoples eyes he's the best thing since sliced bread

What does the guy need to do to get the sack

I wish i had a job like that where i could just take the piss and earn 2 million a year

Which would be a disgrace and make you think what would have to happen for Mcleish to be sacked.

Keene and Martinez are still going, so what makes you think that McStupid will get the sack ?

Keene and Martinez are still going, so what makes you think that McLeish will get the sack ?

I don't think he'll get sacked, that's the problem.

He should be sacked the second we are safe.

I still hope it was Lerner's masterplan..

Hire some chump to reduce wages, outline to the board which players need to go and lower fan expectations..

He'll then fire him when safe, hire someone better with the mission objective of "clear out these players and here's £50 million, rebuild"

One can dream anyway..

Give him another season and we will be in transition again 13/14 season. Cause if he does stay, he will definately not be here then. He will not be successful here period, get rid now sooner rather than later.

Im not sure what people are expecting from McLeish, he has showed nothing to prove he can be a success here.

Lerner wants to cut wages and cost's, so with cost cutting in mind we will end up with the team we can afford.

Not the team we deserve or the team we want but the team we can afford !

If that is Randy`s 5 year plan happening, then things are indeed pretty dire. The way we are playing right now we are at the level of Bolton and Wigan. Sad times indeed for Villa fans. Let us just get through the season and write it off asap. Big rethink in the summer methinks.

Â