The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worrying thing is the media are now positioning this, as I suspect the club will too, that it's all about injuries. It's all just bad luck and of course the fans are only complaining because he managed Blues.

I just wish someone in the national media would draw attention to the fact he is the shittiest manager in the Premiership and he is leading us towards the Championship.

The really frightening bit is when we do get relegated, either this season or next, but it's a certainty under McLeish that our useless clown of an absentee owner will keep him on.

The worrying thing is the media are now positioning this, as I suspect the club will too, that it's all about injuries. It's all just bad luck and of course the fans are only complaining because he managed Blues.

I just wish someone in the national media would draw attention to the fact he is the shittiest manager in the Premiership and he is leading us towards the Championship.

The really frightening bit is when we do get relegated, either this season or next, but it's a certainty under McLeish that our useless clown of an absentee owner will keep him on.

I rate him as a much worse manager than Iain Dowie. Funny though, the press absolutely slaughtered Dowie. If McWankstain takes us down, won't it be three relegations in four seasons for him?

I rate him as a much worse manager than Iain Dowie. Funny though, the press absolutely slaughtered Dowie. If McWankstain takes us down, won't it be three relegations in four seasons for him?

it will be 3 in 4 seasons and his 4th career relegation having relegated 3 of the 5 clubs he has been in charge of. epic failure. infact rangers are the only team he did not get into a relegation battle

If McWankstain takes us down, won't it be three relegations in four seasons for him?

It certainly will. Also I'm pretty sure he'd be the first and only manager to relegate two Premiership teams in consecutive seasons.

After all, if a manager gets one team relegated, usually they are not then given a bigger, better job in the top league... only at Villa could this happen.

it will be 3 in 4 seasons and his 4th career relegation having relegated 3 of the 5 clubs he has been in charge of. epic failure. infact rangers are the only team he did not get into a relegation battle

Well, if you look at Scottish football, Rangers and Celtic have their two team mini league at the top of the table and McLeish did manage them to a final league position outside the top two.

For Rangers or Celtic, I'd say that is an achievement similar to relegation.

I blame him for the injuries. You cannot play his highly defensive tactics all season, without sustaining injury. The team is so much under pressure for 90% of the game that its inevitable your gonna lose out to a skillful or even clumsy challenge exactly how Bent got injured, trying to track back, which isn't really his game.

Well, if you look at Scottish football, Rangers and Celtic have their two team mini league at the top of the table and McLeish did manage them to a final league position outside the top two.

For Rangers or Celtic, I'd say that is an achievement similar to relegation.

Yup, even with administration and a 10 point deduction this season, Rangers are still looking like a safe bet for 2nd.

Anything less than 3 PTs from the next 2 and he should get his P45

Are you sure. If we win today you'll probably be saying Man U better watch out and the big turn around is nigh!

:lol:

Well to be fair, the big turn around is nigh, McLeish must be sacked soon!

To be fair, I am gonna be truthful now! If we do sack McLeish we are gonna need a big manager to come in and sort the squad out. Ok don't laugh, how stupid it may have seemed at the time, Ancelotti would have got this team a winning mentality and kicked the moaners in to touch. One thing McLeish has failed at. Anyone saying the squad is not good enough please believe with a big manager even Benitez, we would be much more motivated and disiplined.

If McWankstain takes us down, won't it be three relegations in four seasons for him?

It certainly will. Also I'm pretty sure he'd be the first and only manager to relegate two Premiership teams in consecutive seasons.

After all, if a manager gets one team relegated, usually they are not then given a bigger, better job in the top league... only at Villa could this happen.

Avram Grant

I believe AM is partly 'a victim of circumstance.'

Believe what you want but don't expect me to agree with you and please don't call me narrow minded because I don't.

Yes his statements to the media have been questionable but given the same circumstances Ferguson and the special one would also be struggling in the Premiership with the same squad of players.

With respect... I think this is just daft. Two of the greatest managers in the game and you think they couldn't get our squad into mid table above the likes of Swansea, Stoke, Norwich, Fulham and Sunderland?

Over the course of a season either of those managers would have had us far higher up the table than McLeish has managed. We are in the trouble we are in not because of injuries, not because of bad luck, not because we sold Young and Downing but because of our useless useless negative arse of a manager.

McLeish is a loser, he isn't a victim he is the cause and his performance cannot be defended or excused.

I didn't ask you to agree with me and therefore i don't expect you to.

Secondly, i referred to your comment AM not being a 'victim of circumstance' as narrow minded. It was not meant as a personal remark.

Finally whether you want to accept it or not, AM is not totally to blame for where the club is at the moment and rather than insult you by giving you a history lesson concerning where our club's problems started which quite obviously, was not when AM became manager, i would just rather agree to disagree on the matter.

I've been very critical of Lerner and Faulkner, I was very critical of O'Neill and Houllier as well so under no circumstances is it accurate to say that I think McLeish is totally to blame for everything.

All that said he is no victim of circumstance, he would have known the situation at the club in terms of budgets, he would have known I'm sure the situation in relation to Young and Downing.

Nobody is expecting him to get us to 6th but his performance as our manager has been extremely poor and he is not by any stretch of the imagination a victim of anything.

I'm happy to agree to disagree because as I said previously if you think neither Ferguson or Jose could have got this squad to mid-table we are never going to agree.

Yes but he inherited a very poor squad. He really hasn't been allowed to turn that around with the type of finance that O'Neill was given and thats what it would take to replace the absolute dross at the club. He has also had to contend with a serious of injuries to key players and then to rely on our youth, who with the exception of Gardner, who i rate very highly, are simply not good enough. So he has been a victim of circumstances at our club.

However if he had been given a decent budget to bring in more players in January and we were still in our current position then i would be more inclined to agree with you.

The money has had to spend compared to O'Neill is totally and utterly irrelevant nobody is placing the same kind of expectations upon him as they did O'Neill because everyone can see he hasn't the same resources.

You can talk about injuries to key players all you want but they have been recent things, we have been shite all season. We couldn't win games under him at the start of the season when he had a full squad to pick from, if we had done we wouldn't still be worrying about relegation in April.

He hasn't been the victim of circumstance that is utter utter rubbish and all you are doing is making excuses for a man who simply isn't very good at winning football matches largely because of his rubbish negative approach to the game.

As for a decent budget to spend he spent more than most in the summer and what he spent he wasted, I wouldn't want to see him spend another penny of the clubs money.

Ok so he was shouting for the players get forward. Tell me this. If he can't get the players to get forward and play attacking football even now with so few games to go, how is he ever gonna change his tactics. They are either playing how they want or there's some serious issues in that they don't agree with his tactical nous!

Â