The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ws there any anti Mcleish chanting at the game?

No, I have to say I thought the Villa support today was fantastic, all things considering. Very little negativity, which I guess is due to today being "Petrovs Day"..... shame it cant be like that every week.

Next home game AMC will get some stick.

Good. He deserves it too.

I agree though, good that there was no negative chanting today as it was all about Stan.

Well I don't think AMC is doing a particularly good job but how does booing and moaning at McLeish help us at all? Specially during this period.

Giving AMC stick will do nothing positive whatsoever... so why bother? He's here, they're not going to sack him, let's get behind the team and help them fight for Premier League survival.

Booing/moaning at the team/manager is just completely illogical, it does no one any good whatsoever... so why bother?

I agree though, good that there was no negative chanting today as it was all about Stan.

Well I don't think AMC is doing a particularly good job but how does booing and moaning at McLeish help us at all? Specially during this period.

Giving AMC stick will do nothing positive whatsoever... so why bother? He's here, they're not going to sack him, let's get behind the team and help them fight for Premier League survival.

Booing/moaning at the team/manager is just completely illogical, it does no one any good whatsoever... so why bother?

I don't think we should be negative towards the team, just the manager.

unless mcleish is coaching our players out of the ability to defend set pieces (which they lost long before he arrived) then i think it's fair the players get some flak too

.... the most pathetic excuse of a manager since Graham Taylor. Paul McGrath weeps.

I'm sorry but can't have you slating Graham Taylor.

That second spell of Taylor was the most depressing era of football I have ever experienced. His motto was "If you get 20 shots on goal, 2 are bound to go in."

Least we had a few digs, had some passion in the team. There's NONE now. McUseless has killed the whole spirit of our club.

unless mcleish is coaching our players out of the ability to defend set pieces (which they lost long before he arrived) then i think it's fair the players get some flak too

The players should be criticised as well, but I don't think they should get abuse at games.

Our inability to defend set-pieces isn't solely down to the players. Surely they must work on this kind of thing in training?

This has been debated over and over again and I think the key point is that shouting "Boo" does not allow for enough subtlety to get over a message like "Dear players, when we say boo, it is not about you, whom we support (apart from that satan Heskey), but about McLeish and for some of us Lerner, as well as a smidgeon of blaming it all on MON."

If the crowd is negative it is bound to affect the players, especially the younger ones.

To be frank, I regard the idea that over the next eight matches Viilla fans should do anything other than get 100% behind the players, and roar them on to the end of the season, as close to treachery.

The players should be criticised as well, but I don't think they should get abuse at games.

Our inability to defend set-pieces isn't solely down to the players. Surely they must work on this kind of thing in training?

well the issue with that is, how do you train players to defend set pieces when the attackers are useless at them? im sure the defence look like world beaters on the training ground for corners given the abject lack of movement our attackers have

This has been debated over and over again and I think the key point is that shouting "Boo" does not allow for enough subtlety to get over a message like "Dear players, when we say boo, it is not about you, whom we support (apart from that satan Heskey), but about McLeish and for some of us Lerner, as well as a smidgeon of blaming it all on MON."

If the crowd is negative it is bound to affect the players, especially the younger ones.

To be frank, I regard the idea that over the next eight matches Viilla fans should do anything other than get 100% behind the players, and roar them on to the end of the season, as close to treachery.

I never said we should boo.

It's not treachery FFS. I'm NOT saying we should be negative towards the players or not support them. However, it seems clear that we're stuck with McLeish and I think we as fans have to do something if the board aren't going to act. He's going to take us down eventually, be it this season or next season.

why not come up with some chants to get the message across? "**** off mcleish, we don't want you", "you're ruining our club, you're ruining our cluuuuuuub, you scottish tosser, you're ruining our club" and so on?

booing is worthless, because nobody outside the fans knows who the target is. 90 minutes of telling mcleish that it's him we blame, while giving the players encouragement wouldn't be long in showing exactly how we feel

why not come up with some chants to get the message across? "**** off mcleish, we don't want you", "you're ruining our club, you're ruining our cluuuuuuub, you scottish tosser, you're ruining our club" and so on?

booing is worthless, because nobody outside the fans knows who the target is. 90 minutes of telling mcleish that it's him we blame, while giving the players encouragement wouldn't be long in showing exactly how we feel

That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

If you actually read the post above yours you'll see that I said we SHOULDN'T boo.

Saw the post-match interview. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt you **** prick.

I hate a lot of footballers, all playing for other teams. But I despise Alex McLeish and I hate that he is in charge of my club.

Watching and hoping for Villa is a break from reality when the weekend comes along, but now it is just plain apathy.

I might be in a minority but Gabby certainly made a move towards Terry and looked to have pushed him slightly at which point Terry just collapsed and got a decision and England captain usually gets.

We were shite yet again for 70 minutes before the late rally. Yes they've improved since AVB got the bullet but they came into this game on the back of 4 straight away defeats.

And why oh why can't we defend a corner?! These are the basics McLeish has failed to get right from as far back as Man. City away when he was having a go at the team for losing goals from set pieces.

I've tried to give him a chance this season but he's become increasingly O'dreary-esque as the season has progressed.

Â