The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Might as well give the job to K-Mac for the remaining games. He'd do no worse than McLeish and we're almost safe now anyway. Why prolong the suffering of Villa fans for another couple of months? Getting rid of McLeish now would give the board more time to search for a proper replacement as well.

not for me. k mac was a disaster for us first time round. he would for me be as bad. there is no point getting rid of one bad manager with one that was bad for us previously. for me randy and faulkner should have sacked him xmas and got curbishly in for half a season

I'm not saying KMac should be our long-term manager, all I'm saying is that we might as well get rid of McLeish now and just put KMac in charge for the rest of the season. That way our suffering can finally end and the board get even more time to get a proper manager in for pre-season.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack him at the final whistle of the last game of the season and tell him to take his useless staff with him! But there is no point sacking him for the length of time that we have left in the season it just seems pointless IMO! Just hope that the board realize the mistakes that they have made and ultimately make the right decisison in bringing a new manager in. Personally I would like to see someone like Rijkaard in charge.

That Newcastle game aside I really don't see how K-Mac could have been described as a 'disaster'. And things would probably have been a lot different if Carew scored that pen in the opening minutes.

what about vienna at home? we was in cotrol from first leg and were absolutely awful. really really bad. mcleish needs to go but kmac is not the answer for me

That Newcastle game aside I really don't see how K-Mac could have been described as a 'disaster'. And things would probably have been a lot different if Carew scored that pen in the opening minutes.

what about vienna at home? we was in cotrol from first leg and were absolutely awful. really really bad. mcleish needs to go but kmac is not the answer for me

Nobody is saying KMac is the answer. :bang:

B) he knows that if he gets sacked he gets a huge payoff and most people not associated with the club will put it down to fans not giving him time because he is a former Blues manager and he will get another job.

I'd been thinking this since his post match interviews on Saturday, it would almost go some way to even explain some of his selections and some of things he says, maybe he wants to be shown the door.

Sack him at the final whistle of the last game of the season and tell him to take his useless staff with him! But there is no point sacking him for the length of time that we have left in the season it just seems pointless IMO! Just hope that the board realize the mistakes that they have made and ultimately make the right decisison in bringing a new manager in. Personally I would like to see someone like Rijkaard in charge.
Sacking him now would give everyone associated with the club a boost for the remaining games, it may even encourage a few more season ticket sales for next year.

get rid now

Sacking him now would give everyone associated with the club a boost for the remaining games, it may even encourage a few more season ticket sales for next year.

get rid now

I agree as long as we don't go down the Terry Connor route!!

To get him out now we would need to have somebody decent lined up as a replacement IMO. This would both give the club (and ST sales) a boost and would also give the new man 7 or 8 games to see the players and decide his strategy for the summer.

Thinking about the cost of getting rid of McLeish I recall he is on around £2m a year and I think he signed a three year contract so that means it would cost £4m to get rid (£2m x 2).

If you assume a season ticket is £500 that equates to 8,000 season tickets. We have lost close to that already in match attendance although admittedly those are not season tickets. Next year will be far worse so it seems to me a one off cost of £4m is a no brainer to preserve future revenue.

Lets hope the Board can do the maths too.

If we're going to turn this into a relative cost debate you also must factor in TV revenue. Because TV money is given out based on where teams finish in the table we could also argue that bringing in a new manager next season would increase the chances of us finishing higher up the table thereby increasing revenue. I don't think that there is any question that the board will be leaving a lot of money on the table if they persist into the second year of this already failed McLeish experiment.

We've still got to get to a level where Randy Lerner (Villa owner) and the club want the wages," McLeish added.

We still aren't there? god help us.

I think we will be at the end of this season, also it helps the club negotiate wages for incoming players if this is still the mantra right now

B) he knows that if he gets sacked he gets a huge payoff and most people not associated with the club will put it down to fans not giving him time because he is a former Blues manager and he will get another job.

I'd been thinking this since his post match interviews on Saturday, it would almost go some way to even explain some of his selections and some of things he says, maybe he wants to be shown the door.

I would be beyond shocked to see the man ever given another job in the Premier League. His reputation was enhanced while at Birmingham because he was seen as getting the best out of a group of limited players on a small budget. Also, expectations were always for the team to be relegation fodder so it was in a way a no lose situation for him. After the job he has done here though, even with the excuses he does have (some are legitimate IMO) I just don't see another team giving him that opportunity given how poor the results and the football have been. Expectations have certainly been lowered the last few seasons but I don't think anybody would have predicted us finishing 15th and battling relegation yet again. Keep in mind that every other clubs fans will have seen us place atleast twice and the only ones who might think that he has any idea what he is doing would be the Chelsea fans

the guy could probably buy himself a bit of grace by admitting that results have not been good enough for a club of this stature and the finish outside the top ten is unacceptable. but his going down the dolly route by saying our expectations are too high and we demand too much just so he can paper over his own obvious managerial short comings.

some times im critical, sometimes im willing to give him a chance, but his last few press conferances have tipped me over the edge. please, alex, if you have any respect for our club please, walk away now.

At the start of the season, our realistic goal wasn't top 4 or even top 6...but to at least be fighting for the title of 'best of the rest'. Apart from the bottom 5, McLeish has pretty much comfortably secured our place as the worst of the rest. Even that isn't certain as Blackburn can still finish higher than us. How can Randy accept that?

At the start of the season, our realistic goal wasn't top 4 or even top 6...but to at least be fighting for the title of 'best of the rest'. Apart from the bottom 5, McLeish has pretty much comfortably secured our place as the worst of the rest. Even that isn't certain as Blackburn can still finish higher than us. How can Randy accept that?

Because that's what shoddy chairmen do..

I wouldn't trust that clown with the next appointment for a start.

A chairman who knows nothing about football is only going to be a recipe for disaster.

Tbh i think the manager has a bloody cheek

Blaming the fans for having too high expectations

It doesnt have anything to do with the club feeding us PR bullshit for the past 5 years in the media and from the krulak mouthpiece on this forum with lines such as Proud History Bright Future or anything....

Our club is complete and utter joke from the boardroom level downwards

Â