The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The media have noticed.

Merse on Sky Sports has been saying from the start of the season how poor we are and he tipped us as possible relegation fodder. Le Tiss yesterday, again on Sky Sports, stated that we were very poor and alluded to us needing more points to be safe.

Its just that since O'Neill left our present financial state has been widely reported in the media and this excuse is used whenever AM is mentioned.

The MOTD interviewer mentioned our difficult upcoming fixtures. McLeish has been saved from a lot of fan and media criticism due to the gap between us and the bottom three. This gap is shortening and will continue to shrink over the next few fixtures IMO. That Bolton game being moved could prove problematic for McLeish.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you focus on individual results?

We've had over 18 months of pure shit and its all down to the stupid owner and his shocking decisions.

There is no point focusing just on mcleish. Is lerner going to sack him? Is he going to replace him with someone better? Put in place a long term plan to make the club competitive?

I'm not focusing on individual results. :| All I was saying is that you seem to blame Randy for individual results.

Where is the media who like to jump on managers' backs at any given opportunity ultimately leading to their sacking? We **** need you right about now.
He's untouchable. He's part of the old boys network. He's never really been under pressure by the media once this season, despite the fact that he's probably done one of the worst jobs. All I heard about him is "he needs to be given time".

You can bet that when the day of jubilation arrives and McLeish goes the media will be saying things like "he's a nice man and a good manager, but it was never going to work because of his Birmingham connections".

We're running out of games where we can realistically pick up results

Unless the team roll up their collective sleeves and wake up to the situation then we could be in deep trouble

Before the team roll up their sleeves, take into consideration that Gabby is now a winger and Hesky started against one of the fastest teams in the Premier League.

Shocking season, we are 15 points behind Newcastle, 7 behind Everton and 6 behind Norwich and Swansea. Terrible season, transitional or not. We've been in a transition for 2 years. With the games we got coming up, those teams above us are gonna pull further away.

Strange that you should mention "transitional"

I watched a Browns game last season and one of their fans held up a banner that said something like " rebuilding since 1951 "

Unless the team roll up their collective sleeves and wake up to the situation then we could be in deep trouble

Before the team roll up their sleeves, take into consideration that Gabby is now a winger and Hesky started against one of the fastest teams in the Premier League.

I second this. I have been to plenty of games to notice the players look shite when they are set up negatively. Give them attacking options I.e Fulham last 10 minutes and we look good. It McLeish tactics ruining the players. Anyone can see NZog and Ireland look good together, but he never keeps the same team, **** me we are more than 3 quarters through and he still don't know his first team. The more I hear the more I fear.

I second this. I have been to plenty of games to notice the players look shite when they are set up negatively. Give them attacking options I.e Fulham last 10 minutes and we look good. It McLeish tactics ruining the players. Anyone can see NZog and Ireland look good together, but he never keeps the same team, **** me we are more than 3 quarters through and he still don't know his first team. The more I hear the more I fear.

How the hell can he know his first team yet ? I mean he is still trying to work out the players positions for **** sake !

Gabby is a centre forward but he regularly starts on the wing

Hesky starts against Arsenal with Weinmann on the bench

Herd started as fullback against Man City ( a team that is guareenteed to attack ) while Warnock was on the bench.

When McDipstick first took over Albrighton spent the first 5-6 games on the bench while Ireland played on the wing. :evil:

I think wherever McLeish has been manager he has struggled to get the best out of the players.

I am no fan of Small Heath by any means, but it says a lot about McLeish despite having a better team on paper, that he was outwitted by two of the worst managers in Martinez and McCarthy.

Getting SHA back into the Premiership was too big a job for him - that is why he walked. So why he thinks he could improve us is anyones guess.

It seems that every club he leaves, there is a trail of destruction left behind.

First time I have ever missed match of the day (or not even bothered to record it in my case as I work) due to not wanting to watch it.

Soccer Saturday yesterday went to Le-Tissier 5 times in 90 minutes:

1 for each goal

1 to tell us that Heskey had elbowed djourou after about 4 seconds

and

1 when Geoff Stelling asked on 60 minutes if there was any sign of Villa actually making a game of it, which isnt I may add, the same as an indication that we could get back into it had we been trying. The answer was of course no.

I tend to be particularly patient and try to look for positives. I recognise that Mcliesh is far from solely to blame and that the players must give more, as well as other areas of the club taking responsibility, however, whilst I couldnt say Ive never wanted Mcliesh here, I now am 10000000% sure I want him gone. His comments regarding being realistic about games at Arsenal were appauling and I wont be venturing to Villa Park again this season, which is ironically, the season where I have been able to get to most games in a season in 2 decades - albeit thats only 4 games so far :D

First time I have ever missed match of the day (or not even bothered to record it in my case as I work) due to not wanting to watch it.

1 for each goal

and

1 when Geoff Stelling asked on 60 minutes if there was any sign of Villa actually making a game of it, which isnt I may add, the same as an indication that we could get back into it had we been trying. The answer was of course no.

I tend to be particularly patient and try to look for positives. I recognise that Mcliesh is far from solely to blame and that the players must give more, as well as other areas of the club taking responsibility, however, whilst I couldnt say Ive never wanted Mcliesh here, I now am 10000000% sure I want him gone. His comments regarding being realistic about games at Arsenal were appauling and I wont be venturing to Villa Park again this season, which is ironically, the season where I have been able to get to most games in a season in 2 decades - albeit thats only 4 games so far :D

Woah. You know there's no way back when even Woodytom wants you gone.

McLeish out.

Aston Villa Pld38 W6 D6 L7 F20 A20 W4 D6 L9 F22 A35 GD-13 Pts42

This was the position we finished in the 2005/2006 season.

I wonder if McLeish could achieve 10 wins and 42 points after 38 games?

The most winnable games

Bolton (h)

Stoke (h)

WBA (a)

Norwich (a)

I would have had Bolton down as a home-banker, but I am sure they are looking at it as a realistic chance of three points also. I can see a draw.

Stoke are organised, combative and are a threat from set-pieces. Another draw.

WBA, I think out of all the games mentioned that is the most winnable. They are shocking at home.

Norwich will want to finish the season on a high. I can't see us getting anything here. I just hope we are safe by that point.

I noticed you didn't mention Sunderland at home. That is going to be tough but I can see us getting a draw.

1 for each goal

and

WoodyTom & Mantis, I agree with everything you both say.

When McLeish comes out with ridiculous quotes like we are 'unrealistic' to expect anything at Arsenal, then I really wonder why any of us bother turning up. You may as well forfeit the game, keep the players fresh for more winnable games - as crazy as that sounds.

But on the flipside, we go to Chelsea and win. I didn't see McLeish saying these things then

Its all about the coaching and organisation before a game. If you prepare properly, study the opposition, identify their strengths, look to exploit their weaknesses then you stand a chance.

Question for all....you often see other Premiership managers, in particular David Moyes, at games watching future opponents.

Does anyone know if McLeish watches the opposition prior to games? Only it seems to me that he uses the same gameplan in every game, regardless of the opposition.

Question for all....you often see other Premiership managers, in particular David Moyes, at games watching future opponents.

Does anyone know if McLeish watches the opposition prior to games?

Thats a good point, now when I think about it I cant remember him ever been shown at another game. Whereas like you say other managers are.

Does anyone know if McLeish watches the opposition prior to games?

Thats a good point, now when I think about it I cant remember him ever been shown at another game. Whereas like you say other managers are.

he probably spends his time watching betamax copies of aberdeens glory days from the early 80s while tugging himself off to every hoofball played up to the frontman.

Stupid ginger bluenose word removed

McLeish rues poor defending in Arsenal defeat.

On AVFC official site today.

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish was disappointed by his side's 'comedy' defending after their 4-1 defeat at Manchester City.

Taken after a defeat at Manchester City in mid October.

Alex McLeish rues 'soft' Birmingham City defending but denies a nervy start against Fulham

Taken after SHA lost to Fulham in May 2011.

Alex McLeish was left to bemoan his side's defending in the 3-2 loss to Stoke.

Taken after SHA lost to Stoke in November 2010.

Bit of a theme here!

Â