The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

"People expected us to come here and win but we have to be realistic"

If he said that he is clueless. Arsenal are the worst they have been for years and we have beaten them in previous years!

Just shows that he set us up to defend the 0-0, like there's no point in even trying to win and it shows!

Check out the BBC interview I just posted, he plays to defend and not lose and yet thinks we can beat Chelsea, United, Spurs. :lol: I have to laugh.

Jeez 'Knees, you weren't kidding. What a bellend!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can moan all we want, Randy will keep him here for another season at least, it is destroying the Club though as he will never be accepted.

He would be accepted if he were any use but he isn't so he won't.

The worst thing is Randy ignored the fans before the appointment so there is no chance he would ever sack him. The only hope we have is if he walks and we all know that's not happening.

Saddest days I've ever experienced as a villa fan :(

Hopefully Randy will finally see that Mcleish isn't the man to take us forward. I don't care if he goes now or at the end of the season but the day he goes will be a time for celebration.

Yep, celebrate until you see the next loser Lerner chooses.

Hopefully Randy will finally see that Mcleish isn't the man to take us forward. I don't care if he goes now or at the end of the season but the day he goes will be a time for celebration.

Yep, celebrate until you see the next loser Lerner chooses.

Exactly. Remember this is the board whose FIRST choice was Wigans manager, thats right Wigan. Their second choice was Birmingham's relegated manager. The fans wanted managers like Ancellotti or even Rafa.

That tells you all you need to know abut their ambitions for the club versus ours.

If they sack mcleish tomorrow they wont be in for quality managers, they will be ringing up Neil Warnock and Mick Mcarthy.

To be fair, we don't know who the board's first choice manager was. I doubt McLeish was at the top of their list, but that still doesn't excuse appointing him. Gary Mac would've been a better appointment than this prick.

I just can't put into words how distraught I feel tonight.

I watched the game earlier in the vain hope that after a couple of weeks we would be right at it and ready to make things difficult for Arsenal.

Yet, once again, I saw the team lineups and my heart sank. It was clear that it was a matter of damage limitation.

I'm not going to put all of the blame onto Heskey. We all know he is useless, what he does to get a starting place is anyones guess, but he seems to be 'rated' by McLeish as a target man.

It was gutless. I listened to Gold following the game and all I hear is Tom Ross making more excuses for McLeish and stating the bleeding obvious - that Arsenal are a better team than Villa so what do we expect when we have sold all of our best players?

Yes, Ashley Young and Stuart Downing were big losses - no doubt about it. Yet, N'Zogbia was supposed to compensate for at least one of those given his hefty price tag, yet some seem (especially Ross) to forget that.

He also seems to forget that Arsenal were a better team than SHA, but it didn't stop them beating them. It is all about application and a desire to at least make a game of it.

On the flipside, I honestly believe, and I can't speak for anyone else, that even if Young and Downing had of stayed, we would still be serving up this dross. McLeish has one plan and one plan only - to strangle any sort of quality out of the game, and by luck, scrape a goal and win 1-0 like we did last time out against Fulham.

I do not know where we go from here as it is plainly obvious that we are only heading one way. But the fear that troubles me the most is McLeish having a full summer to construct his own team.

What is the betting Roger Johnson & Scott Dann will be lining up next season in the centre of defence?

To be fair, we don't know who the board's first choice manager was. I doubt McLeish was at the top of their list, but that still doesn't excuse appointing him. Gary Mac would've been a better appointment than this prick.

Agree about Mac. But lets remember Villa went out and actively headhunted crap managers like Martinez and McLeish. We actually paid money to get McLeish as amazing as it sounds.

"People expected us to come here and win but we have to be realistic"

Someone tell Gary Mc and MON that when we won there and even drew two more times with MON. Joke!

So basically next week we should expect the same?

"Remember we were playing Chelsea today"

Argh! I hate the man! Hate him!

Â