The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing about McLeish is he always bangs on about his Rangers record

when ?? I've never heard this

He has mentioned it interviews when he is dispelling his negative football myth.

It was also in that poxy letter from the club when he states " I won 7 trophies in 4 years "

How about the players, are you happy with their input, commitment, dedication, application, hunger, desire, integrity, passion ??
Of course I'm not.

However, it's the manager's job to motivate them and he's clearly not doing that. McLeish is probably the worst motivator I've ever seen. Even under Houllier we had more fight than this, and he was pretty shit at motivation by the looks of things.

**** off Alex McLeish.

Direct and to the point :lol:

I would blame the Talisker, but that would be an easy excuse. The bloke is killing my club, our club. I have tried to like him, but he really is a clunge.

I dont look forward to match days anymore. His fault. I dont enjoy football anymore. His fault.

More Talisker required. Bastard.

"I am going to be bringing free flowing attacking football"

not a lie. a lie is intentionally failing to tell the truth. this would be most managers' aim for any club

"I dont play defensive football, its a myth"

only a lie if he knows he plays defensive football, if he thinks he doesnt, then its not a lie

"The players are finding it difficult to adapt to the dutch style 4-3-3 system I am playing"

they're quite clearly having great difficulty with it if that's the system he's trying to play, because when they're on the pitch it looks nothing like it. again, that's not a lie

"Alan Hutton is a tremendous player, I have worked with him before"

he obviously believes that, why else would he sign him? do you reckon he thought "hutton's **** shit, ill go buy him"?

"I thought we played well today and were unlucky"

if he thought we played well that day and that we were unlucky, that's not a lie

"Heskey was tremendous, he has many assets and still has a lot to offer"

if he believes that then it's not a lie

"There aren't many managers out there who could be doing a better job than me"

if he believes that, and i see no reason why he wouldnt, then it's not a lie

This shows he lies all the time, he cant be that delusional. If he doesnt think they are lies then he has serious mental issues that need addressing.Even Jeffrey Dahmer isnt that delusional :lol:

none of those things are lies though

*edit*

for the record, im not defending him nor his performance at the club, im just saying that to call him a liar shows a complete lack of understanding of the meaning of the word

"I am going to be bringing free flowing attacking football"

not a lie. a lie is intentionally failing to tell the truth. this would be most managers' aim for any club

"I dont play defensive football, its a myth"

only a lie if he knows he plays defensive football, if he thinks he doesnt, then its not a lie

"The players are finding it difficult to adapt to the dutch style 4-3-3 system I am playing"

they're quite clearly having great difficulty with it if that's the system he's trying to play, because when they're on the pitch it looks nothing like it. again, that's not a lie

"Alan Hutton is a tremendous player, I have worked with him before"

he obviously believes that, why else would he sign him? do you reckon he thought "hutton's **** shit, ill go buy him"?

"I thought we played well today and were unlucky"

if he thought we played well that day and that we were unlucky, that's not a lie

"Heskey was tremendous, he has many assets and still has a lot to offer"

if he believes that then it's not a lie

"There aren't many managers out there who could be doing a better job than me"

if he believes that, and i see no reason why he wouldnt, then it's not a lie

This shows he lies all the time, he cant be that delusional. If he doesnt think they are lies then he has serious mental issues that need addressing.Even Jeffrey Dahmer isnt that delusional :lol:

none of those things are lies though

*edit*

for the record, im not defending him nor his performance at the club, im just saying that to call him a liar shows a complete lack of understanding of the meaning of the word

McCleish is a fantastic football manager, indeed, one of the best in Villa's history.

Now that's a lie!!

match fact ahead of the Fulham game

Aston Villa have won none of their last seven league matches at Villa Park, losing five. If they don’t win this match they will equal their worst ever run without a win at home in the top flight set in 1921

Now that is not a lie!!

What about him telling fans that he'd play gabby as a striker? Or that downing would not be sold unless a £50 million bid came in?

Lets be totally honest McLeish will never win over the Villa Supporters, it was doomed from the start, he won't quit due to his huge salary and he will only leave if Villa end up in a seriously bad position on & off the pitch which we are doing our best to achieve,having said that it is not all his fault it is a collective thing and the Board & players have to take some share of the blame.

Its not all his fault at all.

I class myself as someone who was 100% going to support him at the start of the season but over the course of 27 games that has been eroded.

I dont trust the board to pick the right person to take us forward but as i have posted before , keeping mcleish in charge is nothing short of financial and footballing suicide.

He has kept his job longer than someone who had he not come from small heath would be gone by now.

Its like we have to keep him because he is good at what he does and we are all blinded by a hatred of a shitty little team down the road .

It would cost a lot to get rid of McLeish, but I think it would cost the club even more if he saw out the rest of his contract.

It may well do though it's not just the cost of getting rid but also of replacing and who is to say that the replacement would be an improvement?

I didn't think we could get worse than Houllier, tbh, but it seems we did.

This isn't a comment in support of the manager but just to say that I could see why those in charge would be very reluctant to go down the road of another change in manager (and that's not getting in to the discussion of obstinacy, whether McLeish is doing what he was actually asked to or anything else).

Normally I'd agree that it would be too expensive to go out and change the manager yet again. However, I think McLeish is an exceptional case. This was never going to work and for the good of the club he needs to be got rid of so we can put this awful mistake behind us. If he's here for another two years the damage that will be done to the club will be astronomical.

I believe Moyes is in the last year of his contract too, runs out in 2013.

Are the planets aligning and could Randy get his man?

What about him telling fans that he'd play gabby as a striker? Or that downing would not be sold unless a £50 million bid came in?

Reality is, he has no control over the sale of players

Having seen the latest accounts, we now know why Young & Downing were cashed in last summer

I just don't see why he's still here after the results and performance this season, even the board has to see it. They just must be keeping him because they can't afford to pay him off......given the long term implications this is crazy.

Stats are against him, we have equalled the worst home run since 1921, the football is abysmal, it's hard to argue against the fact that most Villa fans would rather him not be here, his media comments are poor or at least contrary to what happens on the pitch and while above the relegation zone fans are relying on the teams below us being so bad (which they are) to avoid relegation rather believing we will get ourselves out of this predicament......

It's still very much a shock as to how much the media aren't on his back.
We've never been a media darling though have we plus they have been so focused on AVB for the last few weeks but maybe now that's over we might get a little focus......not holding my breath though :(

Â