The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Roeder left when experiment GED was terminated

Still here and is chief scout I believe. Although a disastrous long term appointment, had a 45% win ratio at Newcastle and has previous in dragging Newcastle and Norwich away from the relegation zone. Must be better than Eck for the last 11 games?

45% win rate you say! That's got to be about 20% more than McLeish. Get him in!

Isn't Roeder still here? He has the most experience of the backroom staff as an interim manager, surely?

(don't get me wrong, not a long term option)

Yep he went over to Munich to scout Olic who was on the bench!

:) That just about sums us up at the moment.

The incompetence of it, or the money wasted on the journey?

The fact he was on the bench. Roeder's Easyjet and Travelodge wouldn't have cost much.

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

not sure I'd want him here

To be honest I'd rather if we get rid of McLeish we went for someone else than Boas. He's had arguably one good season in a very short managerial career having inherited a very good Porto side. He's shown at Chelsea when something needs turning around in difficult circumstances he's not exactly excelled and has done a comparatively as poor a job as McLeish at Villa. He's essentially a clever bloke that loves writing and talking tactics but he really hasnt covered himself in glory. We are frustrated with McLeishs decisions well the Chelsea fans have been just as frustrated with his.

One good season where he won everything available to him?

The Chelsea job is a poisoned chalice, moving on players who are on the downslope of their careers but still think they are world class and rebuilding for the next generaation. All under the eyes of the worlds most impatient chairman.

I would love AVB here and it somes up the Villa fans that some are saying he wouldnt be welcome here.

(Funnily enough, the "Give McLeish a chance" people too!)

Yeah you're right, I guess that just "somes" some Villa fans up though.

To be fair us Villa followers are a miserable bunch ad its hardly surprising considering the club is a laughing stock in football and managerial terms :)

I think it is obvious that the next two games will make or break our season.

Fulham at home. Never a walk over and they come to Villa Park on a three game winning streak and a new striker in form (Pogrebnyak) who has scored 5 in 3.

Personally, I think it will be another draw against Fulham and we will beat Bolton, they are simply awful, at home putting daylight between ourselves and the relegation mix.

If this turns out to be the case then it is mixed emotions. I want McLeish out, but he always seems to pull a result out of the bag to justify his crap tactics i.e. Chelsea and Wolves away. On the other hand I want Villa to win games and it would put my mind at ease that we were almost certain to stay up.

Following Fulham/Bolton the next 5-6 fixtures are horrendous. I do believe that 4-6 points from the next two games are the minimum, two draws will still leave us teetering on the edge and if the unthinkable happens, we lose both games, we will be in big trouble.

Randy has just paid for McLeish and the backroom staff to travel to America to go and meet their Cleveland Browns counterparts. Its just not the actions of someone who is set to give the manager the sack. There is also the issue that if we do sack him, who would want the job? The transfer window is shut so a new manager would be stuck with the current bunch. That is why Wolves appointed the number 2 to take charge.

Heaven help us if Grant takes charge!!!!

And it's also not the actions of a Chairman who actually know's what he is doing.

If anything its the complete opposite which sums AMC and Lerner up. Its actually funny when you think about how stupid and amateur that move was.

And out of Boas and MCleish i,d have Boas any day. Why ? You could of gave MCleish the Porto side and he would of destroyed them

Whatever MCleish does he tends to ruin it's just what he does.

1st Finishes 3rd with Rangers

2nd Relegates Brum x 2

3rd Hibs fans hate him and i can see why

4th If Villa are not relegated this year then they will be next season.

What else can we add to the list ?

He did ok at Porto, wow

That's a bit like steering Celtic to a top 3 finish

He did incredible things at Porto and broke various records.

Anyway, we'd be lucky to have him, it's obviously never going to happen so it's pointless talking about it anyway.

Just sack McLeish and hire myself, I am available and also not ginger.

He did ok at Porto, wow

That's a bit like steering Celtic to a top 3 finish

He did incredible things at Porto and broke various records.

Anyway, we'd be lucky to have him, it's obviously never going to happen so it's pointless talking about it anyway.

Just sack McLeish and hire myself, I am available and also not ginger.

Can you please post your CV on here for us to decide then, I'm pretty confident you could do a better job. Mind you if you are ginger...no chance :D

Mr_Black wrote

we will beat Bolton, they are simply awful, at home putting daylight between ourselves and the relegation mix.

Like your optimism ...(

Particularly as Bolton have already won at VP this season! :cry:

Mr_Black wrote

we will beat Bolton, they are simply awful, at home putting daylight between ourselves and the relegation mix.

Like your optimism ...(

Particularly as Bolton have already won at VP this season! :cry:

Winning a game at VP..... I vaguely remember what that was like...

Just how do we interpret this report from the Dail Telegraph(?):

The Aston Villa players were furious that they led by only one goal at the break after a dominant first half but David Dunn headed home in the 85th minute to earn a draw for the home side.

“All the lads were disappointed we were not more ahead,” said McLeish. “They were lamenting and having a shouting match about that at half-time. But it was over and we had to concentrate on the second half.

“I want my players to be demanding of each other. They are quite a quiet bunch and, when you hear them talking like that, you are starting to see that fire as a group.”

Captain Stiliyan Petrov was still angry after the match. “It’s the story of our season ­ from being so good to being so poor,” he said. “That’s why we are in this position. We should have been away with three points and we couldn’t do it again.

“As I said to the boys, there’s no excuses this time. We are playing well and we can win games ­ it’s just getting more and more frustrating.”

Link

I think McLeish is genuinely misgided enough to think that the football his teams play isn't defensive, boring to watch and rubbish. On Stephen Ireland, on the OS, McLeish says:

"That's probably one of the differences. I thought the lads played extremely positively in the first half and they expressed themselves which is what I've asked them from day one of the season.

It's almost as if his team selections against Manchester United at home, Spurs away and even Wigan away(!!!!) just two weeks ago didn't happen.

The bloke is deluded as well as an awful football manager who can't win games.

Just how do we interpret this report from the Dail Telegraph(?):

The Aston Villa players were furious that they led by only one goal at the break after a dominant first half but David Dunn headed home in the 85th minute to earn a draw for the home side.

“All the lads were disappointed we were not more ahead,” said McLeish. “They were lamenting and having a shouting match about that at half-time. But it was over and we had to concentrate on the second half.

“I want my players to be demanding of each other. They are quite a quiet bunch and, when you hear them talking like that, you are starting to see that fire as a group.”

Captain Stiliyan Petrov was still angry after the match. “It’s the story of our season ­ from being so good to being so poor,” he said. “That’s why we are in this position. We should have been away with three points and we couldn’t do it again.

“As I said to the boys, there’s no excuses this time. We are playing well and we can win games ­ it’s just getting more and more frustrating.”

Link

1. That the players are clearly incredibly frustrated so much that at 1-0 up they are shouting at each other.

2. That McLeish thinks it's a good idea to publicise this and virtually encourrage it.

3. Following from what we saw at Newcastle, the discipline in the squad is next to nothing.

4. We have an explanation as why we were so shite in the second half.

Good summing up, Pilchard.

But perhaps it also says that leadership in the dressing room and on the pitch (Petrov's verbal contribution) appears to be lacking, I think.

All these people calling for mcleishs head... Can one of you tell me what good it would do to sack him now and more importantly who could we get to replace him? And please dont say kevin mcdonald

Alan Curbishley?

Just as i thought.

Nothing to see here.

quote]

Â