The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just know if Villa survive Randy will be like "Really pleasing season we just need to build on this and look to push"

Faulkner this week will come out with "We have a week until Fulham at home where AMC doen't rest he just works so hard to move villa in the right direction"

Honestly its like the club is run by people out the Wacky Races

You just know if Villa survive Randy will be like "Really pleasing season we just need to build on this and look to push"

Faulkner this week will come out with "We have a week until Fulham at home where AMC doen't rest he just works so hard to move villa in the right direction"

Honestly its like the club is run by people out the Wacky Races

Difference being in the Wacky Races there was always a winner. With McLeish we will hardly ever be in that position.

This result just about keeps McLeish in his job, but clearly, we're just fortunate we have a few points buffering us from the bottom clubs, as it's difficult to see us winning again this season.

Tactically inept, with a squad who don't have a leader on the pitch with a manager who seems unable get his team able to play for 90 minutes, is a recipe for relegation but for teams who are below us but not much worse and possibly more up for the fight.

I don't expect AM to go this season, but if he's at B6 next season, the season ticket holders could well be an all time low next time, and the odds for relegation will have us among the favourites.

More sad days ahead

OK, this will be quite long so I apologise to you in advance. You'll probably wondering why I spent so long defending McLeish. Given his history with Birmingham any fan including me was sceptical but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Why you ask? It was simple, yes barring the relegations here was a manager who wanted the job, understood the history and the task ahead. McLeish would bring some backbone and deal with the clique of older well paid players who had caused so much trouble last season.

McLeish inherited a squad knowing we'd be losing our most creative outfield players in Downing and Young. N'Zogbia was a decent replacement as has shown his ability that saw him be Wigan's most influential player last season. We lost Friedel to Spurs and replaced him with the very experienced Shay Given, a proven shot stopper. Robbie Keane whilst only a short term loan gave the team a different creative and intelligent edge. Alan Hutton is the only blemish transfer wise - whilst he gets forward well his decision making is often very poor. I discount Jenas because nobody saw the second injury coming, although bringing in a player on loan injured made no real sense.

Who have been the biggest let downs for me this season? That's easy. Stephen Warnock (dropped into the reserves for performance and attitude by Houllier), James Collins and Richard Dunne. Two experienced centre backs whose drunken brawl last season was an utter embarrassment as were their performances on the pitch. Far too inconsistent and unreliable. The same group of players who caused team friction last season.

In midfield only Petrov and Ireland look intelligent enough to retain and pass the ball. Outwide we have Marc Albrighton who to me is still a good prospect learning his trade, he makes mistakes, but tries his best. Barry Bannan another young player who could do more if he didn't get trying to hit those 50 yard passes. Paul Scholes he is not. Gary Gardner is the big prospect and I'm glad he's been given the chance. He's shown glimpses of his ability but it's far too early to judge him without a run of games under his belt.

Up front we have Agbonlahor, Bent and Heskey. Firstly, Heskey plays better behind the main striker and is there to hold up play and flick the ball up for Bent. He does this well on occasion. His experience and defence awareness are useful at defending set pieces but he should not be played in a free role out wide.

Agbonlahor - Linked up well with Bent early on with some good crosses which benefited both players. Still a goalscorer and his pace is almost at what it was after injury. We'll be relying on him a lot more come the end of the season.

Bent - Our best striker hands down. But too often starved of service. His running off the defenders shoulder is what gives him so many chances and he has missed plenty of good chances this season. However, I always feel slighty more confident with him in the side. When McLeish plays narrow Bent becomes isolated and in frustration tracks back to sometimes concedes silly free-kicks (or penalties in the FA Cup).

Should we have beaten Blackburn today? Yes, we created enough chances but Robinson pulled off some great saves. However, lets not excuse our utter inability to hold onto the ball for significant amount of time cost us yet again.

Should we have beaten Wigan? Yes, we should have. Why didn't we? We weren't clinical enough going forward, we sat too deep against a side in the bottom three.

I've mentioned earlier 6 points against those sides was crucial and he's failed miserably. Yes, we can rebuild in the summer and clearing out a lot of the older and overpaid members of the squad. I've come to the realisation now McLeish isn't the man for the job. I love this club and I don't want to see us relegated (I still believe we won't) we'll get another 16th place finish.

Management, the players and the ownership of this club need to take a good hard look at themselves to see how much they've let the supporters down this season. I understand the reasons for his appointment, but its been an utter disaster.

12 draws is insane. 6 wins in 27 is insane. 9 defeats in 27 - isn't to bad when you think about it. Obviously I expect us to lose more come the end of the season though. I don't understand why we have two sides to our game at the moment - I never saw the game today, and nor would I pay to go and see one right now, but from i hear we were top notch in the first half. So, why do we then drastically change in the second to ensure that we do not achieve victory? What does McLeish say to the players at half time?

I don't think we will go down this season, but should we, and it is a possibility, lose 4 games on the trot in the next few weeks, we could be caught by the bottom clubs. It is very unlikely that we will not pick up a single point though and the bottom clubs are playing each other as well. We should remain safe.

I just don't know what to think anymore about the way we are at the moment. I don't like protests but we shouldn't have to put up with being managed poorly. Apparently there are plans for next season, but can we trust those plans?

Aghhhh... So frustrated at the moment! I look forward to the weekends so much and I hate going through the week knowing we havnt pissing won a game!

I've a better idea for a banner, so we can spell it out to the media as well as Mcleish: "It's not just that you came from small heath; we just don't like shit, negative, and tactically inept football".

Sure the players have to take some of the blame, but the only direction we are heading with Mcleish is downwards.

Apparently it was the players that sat too deep according to the press conference.

I was just thinking to myself how McLeish nearly bust a gut screaming at the players in the second half to get forward. How he was flailing his arms furiously to push them up-field. How he gave direct instructions to his substitutes to convey this message urgently to their teamates.

How the players could not see/ignore all of this is frankly staggering.

He basically said on Sky Sports that we weren't 'ruthless' enough in front of goal and it has been like this all season. He also praised Blackburn's second half performance which had us pinned back in our own half.

More worryingly, he seemed pleased with a point.

He simply has to go.

Looking forward to the Fulham game. Should be quite a unique atmosphere!

Intresting way of putting it...

Maybe Kean can lend some of his bodyguards :lol:

Only joking of course 8)

Well it could be the first game I attend this season where something exciting and out of the ordinary is likely to occur (and I don't mean a McLeish inspired team actually playing football).

Could mean the 'You're Getting Sacked in the Morning' chants along with various others actually make VP a cauldron of noise for a change.

Â