The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The thing I keep coming back to is this: How out of touch with reality could those who appointed him be? Surely they must have thought, the ONLY way for this AM experiment to work is for him to get results in short order. They HAD to know that he would not be well-received, that he would be on a desperately short leash, and that, unless he got results quickly, the whole of the Villa fanbase would turn on him.

Knowing that, they would have to ask: is this man capable (with the resources, or lack of resources given him) of doing that? His past record suggests not.

Knowing that, they went ahead and paid off SHA, and gave him a THREE YEAR contract.

I don't care what you think of AM, that is some SHOCKING decision making there.

I am desperate to hear what the board are thinking now, and would die to hear their explanation of said decision making.

You have the same thoughts as me but they're too much like commonsense for the board to understand, mate.

Your duty, it seems, is to go and get behind the team no matter what decisions they make and the playing tactics that are used.

Reminds me of "Into the Valley of Death rode the 600..."

Both very good posts. I'm by no means suggesting that McLeish is doing a "reasonable" job, as has just been suggested, but the culprits for this mess are primarily those at the top for his appointment. I'm sure he's doing the best of his ability as manager (which to some extent, you can't really knock), but that isn't good enough, and the board should have known that - particularly given the fact he was probably the least popular manager that could have viably been appointed.

You'd have to be an exceptional manager to have come in to the club under the circumstances McLeish did and pull off winning the fans over.

The club isn't in a good state, and though Lerner should be praised for pumping money into the club originally, he must hear the criticism when he doesn't get it right, because the McLeish appointment was an utterly terrible decision.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defeat tomorrow and there should be uproar and rightly so.

It is time for this chancer to be removed, he is a liability. I would also expect action against whoever appointed this fool and gave him a three year contract. That is gross negligience and has cost the club already 100s of thousands of pounds. Any normal CEO would be sacked on the spot.

Time to get tough Randy, Doug knew how to!

It is time for this chancer to be removed, he is a liability. I would also expect action against whoever appointed this fool and gave him a three year contract. That is gross negligience and has cost the club already 100s of thousands of pounds. Any normal CEO would be sacked on the spot.

do you not think Randy has anything to do with the decision?

do you not think Randy has anything to do with the decision?

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

Faulkner is paid to be the CEO of the club, his job would I suggest to identify a pool of possible candidates, conduct initial interviews and make recommendations to the owner.

But as I wasnt there, I couldnt confirm or deny Randy's involvement.

There must be more to his appointment than we know. The main criteria was "proven premier league experience", even though he had been relegated 2 out of his 3 seasons in the premier league. Everyone knew this was going to happen - lots of draws, few goals, negative football (this is his proven premier league record) and he has still not been sacked - so there must be some further reasoning behind the board's logic.

The thing I keep coming back to is this: How out of touch with reality could those who appointed him be? Surely they must have thought, the ONLY way for this AM experiment to work is for him to get results in short order. They HAD to know that he would not be well-received, that he would be on a desperately short leash, and that, unless he got results quickly, the whole of the Villa fanbase would turn on him.

Knowing that, they would have to ask: is this man capable (with the resources, or lack of resources given him) of doing that? His past record suggests not.

Knowing that, they went ahead and paid off SHA, and gave him a THREE YEAR contract.

I am desperate to hear what the board are thinking now, and would die to hear their explanation of said decision making.

You have the same thoughts as me but they're too much like commonsense for the board to understand, mate.

Your duty, it seems, is to go and get behind the team no matter what decisions they make and the playing tactics that are used.

I get that about what my duty should be. However, perception is reality. If the fans think more of themselves, then that is it. No matter what our duty is. And if I were on that board I would be stating, "you all do realize, however you think it ought to be, that the fans will hate this. And unless he wins straight away, this is going to be a ****. Is there a different option that has a greater degree of success, something not so suicidally crazy??". (yes!!)

Both very good posts. I'm by no means suggesting that McLeish is doing a "reasonable" job, as has just been suggested, but the culprits for this mess are primarily those at the top for his appointment. I'm sure he's doing the best of his ability as manager (which to some extent, you can't really knock), but that isn't good enough, and the board should have known that - particularly given the fact he was probably the least popular manager that could have viably been appointed.

You'd have to be an exceptional manager to have come in to the club under the circumstances McLeish did and pull off winning the fans over.

The club isn't in a good state, and though Lerner should be praised for pumping money into the club originally, he must hear the criticism when he doesn't get it right, because the McLeish appointment was an utterly terrible decision.

That's just it, and clearly he wasn't. So why take the HUGE risk?

That is incompetent decision making, plain and simple.

I agree tyklip. Unless the board deliberately wanted to upset the fans, reduce attendances and have the team in a relegation battle (and I'm pretty sure they wanted none of those things) there is absolutely no explanation as to why they would want him.

Good at working on a budget? Nope

Good at motivating? Nope

Good football? Nope

Attacking football? Nope

Good tactician? Nope

Good at getting results? Nope

Popular with the fans? Nope

Cheap? Nope

Makes no sense.

I agree tyklip. Unless the board deliberately wanted to upset the fans, reduce attendances and have the team in a relegation battle (and I'm pretty sure they wanted none of those things) there is absolutely no explanation as to why they would want him.

Good at working on a budget? Nope

Good at motivating? Nope

Good football? Nope

Attacking football? Nope

Good tactician? Nope

Good at getting results? Nope

Popular with the fans? Nope

Cheap? Nope

Yes man? Yes

Now makes sense.

edited for you :)

Number of pages before he's sacked?

I'm going for 666.

I'm just worried there will be a 1 in front of that thus 1666 pages, as I'm deeply worried he will be here next season

Number of pages before he's sacked?

I'm going for 666.

I'm just worried there will be a 1 in front of that thus 1666 pages, as I'm deeply worried he will be here next season
Yeah, same. I really don't like thinking about it. Stay up or go down we're absolutely **** if he's still here next season.

Â