The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It's almost as if Hughes was using our performances against Spurs, United and Liverpool as a template.

:?

Strange comment.

You do realise just how many injuries they had and first start players QPR fielded last night ?

Hes only been their manager for few weeks.

When our manager disgracefully fielded 6 defenders with Heskey and Hutton as wingers to start at SPurs he had NO injuries . That was his first choice selection.

Besides QPR didn't lose 2-0 last night did they?

Nah, they were all pretty much the same abject, toothless performances despite perhaps the number of defenders on the pitch and amount of injuries differing. Before the game this new manager and their new players were bring cited as reasons why the would probably beat us.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game has changed a lot since then, there is not many players these days that come from a very poor league and are a success the gap in quality is too big. its hard enough for somebody coming from the championship

kevin doyle played for cork and pats

stephen ward played for bohs

seamus coleman played for sligo

keith fahey played for drogheda and pats

wes hoolahan played for shels

off the top of my head

forgot Shane Long ;)

McLeish is really holding this team back. You could tell yesterday they were instructed just to sit back and not try to let in a goal. It's obvious he fears of us being behind first. But it's impossible with this defence. When we were 0-2 down, there was no other choice other than attack and it worked. Obviously the hostile reactions from the crowd got the team trying harder as well.

The best form of defence is attack. The players have shown how good they are going forward once the shackles are off. If we played that from the start we would have won comfortably and I'm sure we would have won alot more games at home in the past if we were free from the start.

The people who give credit to McLeish for yesterday haven't got a clue and in fact are disgraceful for not giving the players full credit because they are the ones who have shown what they could do once they're free to play attacking football. We have talented players in our side. We don't even need the defence that much cos we can be good on the ball if we're allowed to. We don't really need the defence for most of the game and a good job as well because we can't depend on those idiots.

If it had stayed 0-0 throughout, we wouldn't have seen us playing this way. No way.

Agreed with this 100%. What annoys me is that it was clear towards the end of last season that our strength was in attack. However, McLeish has come in, not strengthened our defence (he's made it worse actually) yet at the same time has set the team up negative in most games?

Yeah I agree. I can't believe people gave credit to McLeish yesterday. If they were allowed to play like that at the start we would have won. McLeish's management cost us 2 points because he's still depending on the defence to soak up pressure, but we know they're hopeless at doing it. It's been happening well over 10 times now, yet he still sticks with the same plan.

From Albert Einstien: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I think our best form of defence is having the ball up the other end of the field and far away from our own area. Dunne and Collins and the rest are decent players but they cant be expected to defend for large periods of a game without making mistakes. I also think a lot of the reasons we let in goals from set plays is because our defence and midfield have spent so much time running around chasing the ball that they switch off when its time for a corner.

Yeah I agree. I can't believe people gave credit to McLeish yesterday. If they were allowed to play like that at the start we would have won. McLeish's management cost us 2 points because he's still depending on the defence to soak up pressure, but we know they're hopeless at doing it. It's been happening well over 10 times now, yet he still sticks with the same plan.

From Albert Einstien: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Yes, the result wasn't the best and yes he should be doing much better but it was just nice to see our players with so much of the ball and playing much better football.

I can understand how people still aren't happy, I don't think anyone is happy with where we are right now, but I personally saw something to build on from last night's game. We played some great stuff. It was nice to see some more positive football is all, and Mcleish has to take some credit for that.

I only saw the Football First extended highlights, but even in the first half it seemed like we had most of the ball. The first goal there are no excuses, the second was a freak goal scored by a player that Mcleish had dropped, which was the right thing to do, but then brought back into the fold after he had played well. You can't blame Mcleish for Warnock's individual error in my opinion.

Yes, the result wasn't the best and yes he should be doing much better but it was just nice to see our players with so much of the ball and playing much better football.

I can understand how people still aren't happy, I don't think anyone is happy with where we are right now, but I personally saw something to build on from last night's game. We played some great stuff. It was nice to see some more positive football is all, and Mcleish has to take some credit for that.

I only saw the Football First extended highlights, but even in the first half it seemed like we had most of the ball. The first goal there are no excuses, the second was a freak goal scored by a player that Mcleish had dropped, which was the right thing to do, but then brought back into the fold after he had played well. You can't blame Mcleish for Warnock's individual error in my opinion.

But we won't build on it though. We'll most likely be very defensive against Newcastle.

McLeish is really holding this team back. You could tell yesterday they were instructed just to sit back and not try to let in a goal. It's obvious he fears of us being behind first. But it's impossible with this defence. When we were 0-2 down, there was no other choice other than attack and it worked. Obviously the hostile reactions from the crowd got the team trying harder as well.

The best form of defence is attack. The players have shown how good they are going forward once the shackles are off. If we played that from the start we would have won comfortably and I'm sure we would have won alot more games at home in the past if we were free from the start.

The people who give credit to McLeish for yesterday haven't got a clue and in fact are disgraceful for not giving the players full credit because they are the ones who have shown what they could do once they're free to play attacking football. We have talented players in our side. We don't even need the defence that much cos we can be good on the ball if we're allowed to. We don't really need the defence for most of the game and a good job as well because we can't depend on those idiots.

If it had stayed 0-0 throughout, we wouldn't have seen us playing this way. No way.

if only we had vision and managerial nous, right?

The people who give credit to McLeish for yesterday haven'tgot a clue andinfact are disgraceful for not giving the players full credit because they aretheones who have shown what they could do once they'refreeto play attacking football. We have talented players in our side. We don't even need the defence thatmuch cos we can be good on the ball if we're allowed to.We don't really needthedefence for mostof the game and a good job as well becausewecan'tdepend on those idiots.

Those who give credit to AM for the second half performance are disgraceful? Are you actually serious? Did the players magically come back after halftime with more motivation and intensity? Yet I'm sure when we go down to fluky and/or freak goals AM takes full credit.

The people who give credit to McLeish for yesterday haven'tgot a clue andinfact are disgraceful for not giving the players full credit because they aretheones who have shown what they could do once they'refreeto play attacking football. We have talented players in our side. We don't even need the defence thatmuch cos we can be good on the ball if we're allowed to.We don't really needthedefence for mostof the game and a good job as well becausewecan'tdepend on those idiots.

Those who give credit to AM for the second half performance are disgraceful? Are you actually serious? Did the players magically come back after halftime with more motivation and intensity? Yet I'm sure when we go down to fluky and/or freak goals AM takes full credit.

It's pretty sad, isn't it? It's pretty clear certain posters won't have a balanced view and it's basically anything good = players, anything good = McLeish. No doubt the 1st half against Arsenal was down to the player, then the 2nd half McLeish.

My opinions have certainly changed over the last couple of months. Were constantly seeing the same group of players able to raise there game when required. Mcliesh may not be blameless, but the players are certainly partly responsible for the constant mistakes and lack of effort.

McLeish did nothing when we were 0-2 down. He just sat there with a facepalm when Warnock made a mistake. Suddenly the attacking players were allowed to attack to rectify his negative tactics. If there was no shackles at the start we would have won.

McLeish is always scared of losing. That's why we always play deep 0-0. 2 goals down you have to attack. But funny enough there was a time when we were 2-0 down against Spurs he refused to allow the players to attack.

We have a group of talented attacking players being wasted on a extremely negative manager. We have to 'hope', not accept, actually hope he'll bring us more mediocrity in the future because the thought of him staying here for 2 more seasons puts our PL status in danger.

McLeish did nothing when we were 0-2 down. He just sat there with a facepalm when Warnock made a mistake. Suddenly the attacking players were allowed to attack to rectify his negative tactics. If there was no shackles at the start we would have won.

McLeish is always scared of losing. That's why we always play deep 0-0. 2 goals down you have to attack. But funny enough there was a time when we were 2-0 down against Spurs he refused to allow the players to attack.

We have a group of talented attacking players being wasted on a extremely negative manager. We have to 'hope', not accept, actually hope he'll bring us more mediocrity in the future because the thought of him staying here for 2 more seasons puts our PL status in danger.

Are you a player or part of the coaching staff? If you are then please say and you're opinion might be taken more seriously. I'm going to assume you're not though so you don't know what Mcleish did or didn't do or say or how he told the players to play the game, so please stop going on as if you do.

In the first half Petrov and Clark never got forward both sat deep and never pushed on until the 2nd half. This must have been Mcleish plan for the game so he was negative to start in the 2nd half petrov bombed on and created the equaliser. All most fans want is us to have a go from the start not wait until we have too. Against the top 4/5 being defensive is allowed not against the likes of QPR at home.

If he can't get over his fear of losing he will never win over the fans. even Blues fans think he is negative but not losing was good enough for them. It isn't for me.

Â