The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ones denying that Spurs away and Man Utd at home this season we set out with a defeatist attitude and got exactly what we deserved - **** all. It wasn't however patch on the gutless tripe we served up at Man City and Liverpool last season.

Err yes it was, apart from the first 1 minute vs Spurs, I think we had about 2 more shots on goal after that all game.

I think you're blinded by a real hatred.

At very worst, they were the same piece of shit. How you got to 'wasnt a patch' I'll never know. Tottenham was truly shocking as well as the team selection made it all worse. At least the Liverpool game we had a lot of injuries, Petrov/Young/Coker ...Gabby was playing through injuries. We didn't have Bent at the time. Heskey was probably most in form striker and he was out.

Some of the games this season have had me thinking McLeish shouldve been arrested for crimes against football.

Yesterday was first game he actually tactically outdid another manager . Was good game , good performance and well deserved result.

But doesnt magically make anyone forget the diabolical stuff served up at times.

You still haven't really explained how they're different. It amazes me how two really really shit performances under McLeish can be "not a patch" on two equally really really shit performances under Houllier. :|

Let me try, Liverpool last season were there for the taking, their form in the run up to that game was abysmal, neither Man Utd nor Spurs could remotely fit into that category. Man Citeh away was possibly THE single worst performance I've ever seen from Villa, we simply didn't try convincingly for one minute of that game, there was no motivation in the team whatsoever, if that game had finished 10-0 it wouldn't have been a bad reflection on our performance. I don't think the Man Utd or Spurs games this season were as bad as that, we did try albeit briefly in small periods of both games.

Thats why I think both those games from last season were worse than anything we've had to suffer this season.

Man Citeh away was possibly THE single worst performance I've ever seen from Villa, we simply didn't try convincingly for one minute of that game, there was no motivation in the team whatsoever, if that game had finished 10-0 it wouldn't have been a bad reflection on our performance.

Exactly like the performance against Spurs this season then..

You still haven't really explained how they're different. It amazes me how two really really shit performances under McLeish can be "not a patch" on two equally really really shit performances under Houllier. :|

Let me try, Liverpool last season were there for the taking, their form in the run up to that game was abysmal, neither Man Utd nor Spurs could remotely fit into that category. Man Citeh away was possibly THE single worst performance I've ever seen from Villa, we simply didn't try convincingly for one minute of that game, there was no motivation in the team whatsoever, if that game had finished 10-0 it wouldn't have been a bad reflection on our performance. I don't think the Man Utd or Spurs games this season were as bad as that, we did try albeit briefly in small periods of both games.

Thats why I think both those games from last season were worse than anything we've had to suffer this season.

Like Liverpool, Man U for the taking when we played them this season. We were at home as well. We didn't really have any injury problems then like we did against Liverpool either.

As for City, everything you said there could be applied to the Spurs game.

I can't believe people are on AM's back. Ofcourse 3 good performances don't make the season, but then again neither do the poor performances against Man U and Tottenham. Every season has its share of good and bad performances, but if you're going to criticise the poor ones, you should also be able to praise the good ones.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the negativity surrounding AM (even after positive results), does not serve the fans or the players well, can't we enjoy the positives and get behind the team ?

negativity?

you mean because some people are not spunking themselves proclaiming that GC is the new messiah?

you mean people putting this result in context with the whole season so far?

forgive me for not changing my mind on 1 good performance and result against some utterly terrible performances and piss poor results.

it is this all or nothing aproach from certain posters which is laughable, we win a game and then all of a sudden the ginger clunge is a good manager?

the word fickle while posted for effect by various posters on here, is the only description i could possibly give someone if they have over the space of 3 games decided all is now good with the manager.

no doubt the same people will be saying that keen at blackburn is now the new fergie due to a good performance and result

Do ppl not understand we had big injury list when played Liverpool last season.

Houllier had a vague excuse for that perfromance.

McLeish did not have ANY injuries for Spurs game .

The Spurs game was clearly made as ridiculously woeful as it was directly by managers incompetent FIRST CHOICE team selection.

I'd still be happy to see him let go, I'm just a bit less unhappy about him being here at the moment. All we need to do is wait and see. The Swansea game will be telling.

This, If he reverts back to the shite against Swansea he'll have people on his back again and rightly so.

Agreed, managers often struggle because they're unable to find the right balance in their team, having found it in the last few games (albeit through enforced changes) he'd be crazy to change things back.

The Spurs game was worse than the Liverpool/Man City league games. Why? Because we didn't have any serious injuries yet McLeish used 6 defenders and didn't change a thing when it wasn't woirking. The score flattered us. It should have been 6 minimum.

But I'd say it was on par with the Man City FA game. Houllier should have used our best team for that game.

Let me try, Liverpool last season were there for the taking, their form in the run up to that game was abysmal, neither Man Utd nor Spurs could remotely fit into that category. Thats why I think both those games from last season were worse than anything we've had to suffer this season.

I think Man Ushited were there for the taking this season. They had scored a lot less goals at the point of the season than they usually do. Plus it was at Villa Park.

These examples that you guys are pointlessly trying to categorise were all woeful performances. Who cares which is worse? They were ALL dogshit. Exactly the same.

It's amazing how all of a sudden AMC is a decent manager after one result. Granted it was a fantastic result but it still doesn't dramatically change anything. He has been a poor manager this season but yesterday proved he MAY have a chance of improving. Personally I doubt it. He beat Arsenal in a cup final last season and then got relegated.

I can't believe people are on AM's back. Ofcourse 3 good performances don't make the season, but then again neither do the poor performances against Man U and Tottenham. Every season has its share of good and bad performances, but if you're going to criticise the poor ones, you should also be able to praise the good ones.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the negativity surrounding AM (even after positive results), does not serve the fans or the players well, can't we enjoy the positives and get behind the team ?

negativity?

you mean because some people are not spunking themselves proclaiming that GC is the new messiah?

you mean people putting this result in context with the whole season so far?

forgive me for not changing my mind on 1 good performance and result against some utterly terrible performances and piss poor results.

it is this all or nothing aproach from certain posters which is laughable, we win a game and then all of a sudden the ginger clunge is a good manager?

the word fickle while posted for effect by various posters on here, is the only description i could possibly give someone if they have over the space of 3 games decided all is now good with the manager.

no doubt the same people will be saying that keen at blackburn is now the new fergie due to a good performance and result

If you read my post you'd see I acknowledge the poor performances. It's not fickle to also praise good performances, it called being balanced.

I also haven't said anywhere that AM is a good manager. I do however think the last 3 performances have been good enough to earn him some more time. The team have shown passion and drive for Aston Villa in the last few games, if the fans do to then we could perhaps push the team on to do something at home (where we've struggled in my opinion partly due to th negative atmosphere).

AM is here for the foreseeable future, what's the point in bleating on about how crap he is when we're in the best form of our season so far, surely now is the time to get behind the team and see where that gets us.

Teams used to hate coming to VP, we were some of the noisiest fans, the Holte End was reviled, this season our own infighting and bickering have helped to create our downfall in home games, as we all sit there expecting, maybe in some cases even hoping for failure.

While not a big Mcleish fan I just thank god that useless prick houllier had to retire.

A good win yesterday and I hope it continues. He hasn't done himself any favours with his team selections and approach to games but there has been an improvement in the last few games. While the stoke game wasn't great it showed an improvement in our defence and defending set pieces.

While not a big Mcleish fan I just thank god that useless prick houllier had to retire.

A good win yesterday and I hope it continues. He hasn't done himself any favours with his team selections and approach to games but there has been an improvement in the last few games. While the stoke game wasn't great it showed an improvement in our defence and defending set pieces.

Absolutely this.

More of these results please. We are still not as good as we were two or three years back but yesterday was a cracking result

If you read my post you'd see I acknowledge the poor performances. It's not fickle to also praise good performances, it called being balanced.

I also haven't said anywhere that AM is a good manager. I do however think the last 3 performances have been good enough to earn him some more time. The team have shown passion and drive for Aston Villa in the last few games, if the fans do to then we could perhaps push the team on to do something at home (where we've struggled in my opinion partly due to th negative atmosphere).

AM is here for the foreseeable future, what's the point in bleating on about how crap he is when we're in the best form of our season so far, surely now is the time to get behind the team and see where that gets us.

Teams used to hate coming to VP, we were some of the noisiest fans, the Holte End was reviled, this season our own infighting and bickering have helped to create our downfall in home games, as we all sit there expecting, maybe in some cases even hoping for failure.

you acknowledged 2 bad performances, there has been many this season not just 2, i also cant find any one person complaining about the result yesterday or our performace? which is what you seem to be suggesting by saying "It's not fickle to also praise good performances, it called being balanced.

"

balanced would be describing the perfomances, style of play and results over the season and judging each game on THAT game, the tactics, the effort the style of play and the result.

as i said, i cant see anyone complaining about the performance and result after the final whistle on yesterdays game

a balanced view is he has been poor for the majority of our games, be it tactics, performance, results and team selections.

that is going on a game by game basis, taking everything into account

the word fickle which is a crap word, made emotive by the comments from DOL is directed towards people who seem to think it is all great because of 1 good performance and result.

Like Liverpool, Man U for the taking when we played them this season. We were at home as well. We didn't really have any injury problems then like we did against Liverpool either.

Since their thrashing by Citeh, in the league Man Utd had won 3 and drawn 1, conceding 1 solitary goal in the run up to our game. In the second half against Utd I thought we slightly edged the game tbh, that performance was nowhere near as bad as the Liverpool or Citeh games last season. Not really there for the taking in my opinion.

Spurs was truly awful I agree but still not as bad as Citeh away last season, in fact we had a "bright spell" in the first five minutes of each half, thats ten minutes of trying, thats ten minutes if trying more than either of last seasons games. I agree AMcL right royally cocked up against Spurs, the team selection was awful but two albeit brief periods at the start of each half make it better than the other two games.

It is a very fine line with the Spurs game but the Man Utd game isn't even close to being similar to either of the aforementioned games last season.

the word fickle which is a crap word, made emotive by the comments from DOL is directed towards people who seem to think it is all great because of 1 good performance and result.

Not sure who these people are you talk about but I dont think there is a member on VT that thinks everything is great.

Since their thrashing by Citeh, in the league Man Utd had won 3 and drawn 1, conceding 1 solitary goal in the run up to our game. In the second half against Utd I thought we slightly edged the game tbh, that performance was nowhere near as bad as the Liverpool or Citeh games last season. Not really there for the taking in my opinion.

Spurs was truly awful I agree but still not as bad as Citeh away last season, in fact we had a "bright spell" in the first five minutes of each half, thats ten minutes of trying, thats ten minutes if trying more than either of last seasons games. I agree AMcL right royally cocked up against Spurs, the team selection was awful but two albeit brief periods at the start of each half make it better than the other two games.

It is a very fine line with the Spurs game but the Man Utd game isn't even close to being similar to either of the aforementioned games last season.

Man U's form coming into the game is pretty irrelevant. On the night they were very poor and certainly there for the taking. I don't know what game you were watching, because we never edged anything. Even in the second half we were complete shit.

Spurs and City were exactly the same. I remember a couple of "bright" spots in the City game. In both games however we were dire and didn't really try at all. Both performances were almost mirror images of each other.

I get the impression that if the games were reversed and Houllier was in charge of the Spurs and Man U games and McLeish was in charge of the Liverpool and City games people would be saying that the City and Liverpool games were nowhere near as bad...

Â