The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belittle them more so than ever and don't allow AM to walk away with any dignity.

So we are now at a witch hunt?

Don't forget your pointy hats and flaming torches, all standard accompaniments for a lynching.

That people don't like the man's football is one thing (I don't), but why make things so personal?

If had any decency he would resign.

Completely out of his depth in the Premier league and should be managing a pub side or something.

Worst appointment in Premier league history .

Diabolical manager on every level.

Oh FFS get over yourself.

What a pathetic, petty, small minded load of rubbish.

Better managers than AMc have never won anything, and far worse ones have achieved more.

Completely out of his depth in the Premier league and should be managing a pub side or something.

Better managers than AMc have never won anything, and far worse ones have achieved more.

I genuinely think he is the worst manager in the whole Premiership.

Completly regressive and certainly the most negative.

3 years of this shite??

That will only cause longterm damage to our club with his utter crap and fraudulent management.

The damage this moronic appointment could cause could be irreversible.

Belittle them more so than ever and don't allow AM to walk away with any dignity.

Don't forget your pointy hats and flaming torches, all standard accompaniments for a lynching.

That people don't like the man's football is one thing (I don't), but why make things so personal?

Why make it so personal? Because he is really a terrible manager who is a fraud at this level and he needs to hear it from us. Deserves all the stick he gets because he could be the cause of taking us down. I don't feel sorry for him either. He knew what was at stake when he came here, but still came for the money increase and the fact no one else was stupid enough to save his career in the Premier League.

The board deserve the same treatment for being totally out of depth. I want the whole world to know they have no place in the English football game.

I see it as more of a lancing than a lynching.

With the greatest of respect, whodo you consider to be worse that has achieved more???

Things change remember, Coyle was flavour of the month not so long ago and managers who logically should do well, they might even have won a World Cup along the way just don't cut it.

I don't really care if I like them or not, It's about the green stuff and what happens there. If we get rid then who and how are they going to do any better. We have top 6 aspirations with a mid-table squad. AM has made a lot of mistakes as we all do but who will come to a selling club ? He might be here next season but if any of the kids look half decent they will be feed up the league. No manage of any worth would even consider us as a destination now, so yes...get rid but with who ? FOr every 1 reason people may think they will come there are dozens of reasons why not.

Things change remember, Coyle was flavour of the month not so long ago and managers who logically should do well, they might even have won a World Cup along the way just don't cut it.

I don't really care if I like them or not, It's about the green stuff and what happens there. If we get rid then who and how are they going to do any better. We have top 6 aspirations with a mid-table squad. AM has made a lot of mistakes as we all do but who will come to a selling club ? He might be here next season but if any of the kids look half decent they will be feed up the league. No manage of any worth would even consider us as a destination now, so yes...get rid but with who ? FOr every 1 reason people may think they will come there are dozens of reasons why not.

This really isn't the case. Yes, there are more constraints now perhaps than there were a couple of years ago but virtually all Premier League Clubs are now also in the same boat. The top six Clubs can only employ six individuals at any one time and there is still plenty of scope for ambitious managers to achieve something with any of the remaining fourteen teams in the League. Villa still have an allure and a prestige that others simply can't match, we don't have the kind of debt that is crippling Everton, Bolton or others, and we still have greater resources than the rest. You've only got to look at what Pardew has done at Newcastle so far this season to see what a little organisation, tactical awareness and team spirit can achieve. And whilst they will likely fall from their lofty current position as the season continues, Pardew has successfully rehabilitated the Club's fading image and his own standing as a manager which plummeted after his firing at West Ham. Are you really going to tell me that a Mark Hughes wouldn't see Villa as an ideal way to come back into football management? Are there bigger and better jobs out there clamouring for his services? Would a Rafa Benitez expect another Premier League job from a Club in a better current position? Would a Gus Poyet likely get a chance at a bigger Club with which to stake his credentials for top flight management? Would a Paul Lambert or a Brendan Rogers not seriously see Villa as a logical step up from their present roles?

All of the names I've mentioned are completely different from one another and in totally different situations at this moment in time. But I don't believe any would be unobtainable if we chose to go after them and, if any of those reasons were not enough, Villa will always have the advantage of being able to offer any incoming manager the prospect that they might be that one special, blessed individual that might revive a sleeping giant. And that's something that the Stokes, Blackburns, Boltons and Fulhams of this world will never have.

Kean vs. Coyle this Wednesday; one for the chop possibly?

Ok, Kean would be swapping like for like but who really wouldn't take Coyle over McLeish without a seconds thought despite Bolton's position? People who don't follow football closely can be tricked by purely looking at a clubs position/ results. Those that watch more closely we'll see a managers tactics, the way the games have been played, the true pattern of a match (not just the score) and judge a man on that. You can just be unlucky.

AMC has been incredibly LUCKY so far. We could have been seriously smashed by some of these teams that have narrowly beaten us 1 or 2 nil. We have have been appalling and everything about his management shows how out of his depth is. Unfortunately a majority of owners fall into that first category and are unprepared to see out a storm for talented managers going through a bad patch (Coyle) but willing to let a manager float by on mediocrity until it's too late (McLeish).

More injuries and suspensions will hit and we'll see us getting more and more humiliated. Performances have been abject - even in games we've won.

McLeish has a track record of poor teams, playing poor football, getting poor results. So far with Villa he's fulfilled the first two easily but managed mediocre results. When he hits his final target it may be too late for Villa to survive.

The sad thing is we haven't seen the worst of AM yet. This is his mediocrity stage.

During the second half of the season is when his awfulness really begins. It's like the equalivent of MON, but on a larger scale. When the players become more tired and hungover is when AM will suffer against even the smaller teams. He has no Plan A to effectively beat them unless he is incredibly lucky.

On the subject of MON, I would say McLeish is a mix of all MON and Houllier's bad points with a few of his own. The ridiculous thing is he literally has no positive aspects. Why on Earth was this man appointed manager?

No he's not Mantis.

McLeish is practically a fraud as a football manager.

Nothing like MON or Houllier at their worse.

On the subject of MON, I would say McLeish is a mix of all MON and Houllier's bad points with a few of his own. The ridiculous thing is he literally has no positive aspects. Why on Earth was this man appointed manager?

No he's not Mantis.

McLeish is practically a fraud as a football manager.

Nothing like MON or Houllier at their worse.

Of course MON and Houllier are a thousand times better than McLeish. I'm just saying, if you were to make a list of all of MON and Houllier's positives and negatives McLeish would have virtually all of their negatives (along with some other ones) but none of their positives.

Think about it, he plays crap hoofball like MON (but 100 times worse), says a few stupid things (like Houllier but again 100 times worse). It goes on and on.

Yep indeed. AM has all the negatives of MON and Houllier, but none of their positives. And his negatives are worse than the former 2 managers. Throw in more negatives such as his league record and it's possibly the worst managerial appointment of all time.

Few Villa Facebook pages are mentioning bringing banners on Wednesday.

cant see it happening, the chants havent even started yet

iirc the anti GH stuff started at man city away which was around the 28th Dec so he had the same kind of time period before fans let him have it

Few Villa Facebook pages are mentioning bringing banners on Wednesday.

like thats gonna help.

seriously we need to concentrate on supporting the team whoever the manager, owners are etc because the support at villa park at the moment is shocking no atmosphere whatsoever.

Â