The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The stats I saw said 38% after the sending off. I couldn't care that much about possession though, it is the shots on target - a big fat zero - that speaks volumes on your mates coaching abilities!

The two corners are just part of the pressure applied by West Brom.

Is your mate exempt from coaching his team to defend against set pieces then? Ged got slaughtered for the same misdemeanour last season.

I think you are going to get your post count up if you are going to spend your time defending the ginger muppet, unless of course RL makes the right decision for a change and sends him back to Blues, who, by the way, look to be playing some decent football under Hughton.

Real mature post there :thumb: .

Sorry mate. I disagree with you so my post is not mature???? That's mature. :winkold:

Yeah, it's because you disagree :rolleyes:.

Explain what's so immature then please instead of rolling your eyes.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats I saw said 38% after the sending off. I couldn't care that much about possession though, it is the shots on target - a big fat zero - that speaks volumes on your mates coaching abilities!

The two corners are just part of the pressure applied by West Brom.

Is your mate exempt from coaching his team to defend against set pieces then? Ged got slaughtered for the same misdemeanour last season.

I think you are going to get your post count up if you are going to spend your time defending the ginger muppet, unless of course RL makes the right decision for a change and sends him back to Blues, who, by the way, look to be playing some decent football under Hughton.

Real mature post there :thumb: .

Sorry mate. I disagree with you so my post is not mature???? That's mature. :winkold:

Yeah, it's because you disagree :rolleyes:.

Explain what's so immature then please instead of rolling your eyes.

Saying useless and ridiculous things like "I think you are going to get your post count up if you are going to spend your time defending the ginger muppet", and calling McLeish other posters' 'mate' simply because they choose to look at his job so far objectively.

- 32 year record against Baggies gone with his first derby.

Wolves was first derby ;)

We were in a better position under Houllier last season, even with a thousand injuries

KMAC got 6 of them points ;)

Oh yeah I forgot about that snoozefest 0-0 against Wolves.

Yeah your right KMAC did get us 6 points, but if you compare fixtures both managed last season Houllier has the edge. Extremely unlucky to concede with last kick of game against Fulham last year too, got battered this season.

GH- Newcaste 1-0 3pt

AM- Newcastle 1-1 1pt

GH- Everton 2-2 1pt

AM- Everton 2-2 1pt

GH- Fulham 1-1 1pt

AM- Fulham 0-0 1pt

GH- Man City 4-0 0pt

AM- Man City 4-1 0pt

GH- Blackburn 4-1 3pt

AM- Blackburn 3-1 3pt

GH- Wolves 0-1 0pt

AM- Wolves 0-0 1pt

GH- WBA 2-1 3pt

AM- WBA 1-2 0pt

GH- Wigan 1-1 1pt

AM- Wigan 2-0 0pt

GH - 12 points

AM - 10 points

I'm not pro GH, just comparing one bad with another.

Saying useless and ridiculous things like "I think you are going to get your post count up if you are going to spend your time defending the ginger muppet", and calling McLeish other posters' 'mate' simply because they choose to look at his job so far objectively.

Maybe easier to pick up on specific language than address the points? :winkold:

Why is it so immature to say that I think he will get his post count up defending McLeish when I do think that. If McLeish continues in his current vein I believe most Villa fans will seek his removal. I certainly haven't seen anything in the first 9 games to convince me otherwise.

And - I asked the same question of Houlston without a response as yet - why are my opinions not objective but yours and his are? Is this just because mine differ from yours?

GH- Wigan 1-1 1pt

AM- Wigan 2-0 0pt

oops!

I think you meant "AM- Wigan 2-0 3pt"

That would bring the totals to:

GH - 12 points

AM - 13 points

So AM has done better than GH so far and with (arguably) a poorer squad.

Took my lad to the training session , mcleish was booed when he walked onto the pitch!

All the talk of ticket prices being a major factor in the average gate being down 5000 are folly in my opinion.

After myself and my lads 100 pound plus day out at fulham to the painfull hit and hope performance against sandwell town , a cotinuation of this boring non descript style of play , seen all to often before by our nearest and dearest , will very quickly suck the life and belief out of more punters.

Up the villa.

SET PIECES ARE HARDER TO DEFEND WHEN YOU HAVE ONE MAN LESS!!!

What is so **** hard to understand?

If you want to talk about going down to 10 men NOT ruining your day, go ask Man Utd about their weekend folly.

Especially when the guy sent off is the player tasked with marking the most dangerous opponent at set pieces and hopefully has spent the whole week practising this?

McLeish's tactics are worrying and it is also concerning that having had a whole pre-season the guy still seems to be confused at what is his actual best team.

However because of Randy et al we will be stuck with this guy for the foreseeable. I have resigned myself to a relegation dogfight, unfortuately sad but hey ho! VTID!

Although clueless tactically after the sending off, his tactics were quite sound prior. We were dominating possession, leading and it was seemingly smooth sailing. He deserves credit for that, and also criticism for not organizing his team after the sending off. But it was always going to be tough against West Brom who were already half decent at keeping possession 11v11.

Although clueless tactically after the sending off, his tactics were quite sound prior. We were dominating possession, leading and it was seemingly smooth sailing. He deserves credit for that, and also criticism for not organizing his team after the sending off. But it was always going to be tough against West Brom who were already half decent at keeping possession 11v11.

Well I will give him that the CM looked more solid at the start but starting the Zog on the right wing is like a Frankenstein experiment! And why he didn't sub Zog for Clark as soon as Herd was sent off or at least at half time I just cannot fathom?

Maybe easier to pick up on specific language than address the points? :winkold:

Why is it so immature to say that I think he will get his post count up defending McLeish when I do think that. If McLeish continues in his current vein I believe most Villa fans will seek his removal. I certainly haven't seen anything in the first 9 games to convince me otherwise.

And - I asked the same question of Houlston without a response as yet - why are my opinions not objective but yours and his are? Is this just because mine differ from yours?

Its because you cant stand McLeish so much and your views come with huge prejudice and emotion, which is fine but then that is not an objective view.

GH- Wigan 1-1 1pt

AM- Wigan 2-0 0pt

oops!

I think you meant "AM- Wigan 2-0 3pt"

That would bring the totals to:

GH - 12 points

AM - 13 points

No its 10 points, it would be impossible for AM to amass 13 points as we only have 11 (QPR was the extra point). Though I did write 0 points, it was counted as 3 points in the total.

If you want to talk about going down to 10 men NOT ruining your day, go ask Man Utd about their weekend folly.

We were playing West Brom, they were playing Man City, perhaps not just one of the most dangerous teams in England, but Europe.

Last time we went down to 10 men away, QPR, we conceded a few mins later.

I remember playing against United at home a couple of seasons back, they had ten men, and dominated play in the second half. Spurs last season too, ten men for most game, beat us 1-2.

Chelsea, absolutely battered QPR with 9 men against 11, very unlucky not to get anything out of the game.

We are poo with 10 men and against 10 men basically :lol: . Before McLiesh as well. This problem is routed in our squads lack of fight, pressing, awareness.

We were playing West Brom, they were playing Man City, perhaps not just one of the most dangerous teams in England, but Europe.

And they are Manchester United and we are Aston Villa, if you make the comparison of City and West Brom then you do the same with us and United its all relative

No its 10 points, it would be impossible for AM to amass 13 points as we only have 11 (QPR was the extra point). Though I did write 0 points, it was counted as 3 points in the total.

Gotcha. I didn't even think about how many points we had when correcting the typo.

Thanks for clearing that up.

With Young and Downing gone, I don't think there is much to argue about - it's a vastly inferior squad

Can't argue with that....

... but I know at some stage Houllier had an injury crisis. I can't remember if it was for the period/games being compared.

And they are Manchester United and we are Aston Villa, if you make the comparison of City and West Brom then you do the same with us and United its all relative

Man City have tools to hurt anybody on the counter attack lets face it. At least United showed fight to get a goal back when playing with ten men. It was 3-1 until the 90th minute. Plus how many times have they played well with 10 men in the past, against us is a prime example at Villa Park. Against Baggies we showed absolutely nothing the moment we went down to ten. Did we have a shot on target the whole game? If you pay good money to watch Villa at home, the least you should get is real effort and fight.

Should we be regarded on the same level as West Brom now then? Perhaps main goal for them is to still stay in the Premier League, they've only been up for a season. I would imagine at the start of season our goal is top ten minimum. Our greatest achievement this season has been beating bottom of the league Wigan at home, and even that had a contentious penalty call against Alan Hutton at 1-0, which should have really been a pen.

Bolton at home in carling cup, against a much changed Wanderers side was absolutely shocking too. We fielded a "strong" team. 11 against 11 and we showed nothing in that game.

Â