Watches

Risso

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hey watch geeks, what would u be willing to pay for the following, I'm watching a few on ebay and might pull the trigger, 

Tudor Black Bay 41mm, in house calibre 2021, steel strap, box and papers incl.

Hi Phil, I’d probably like a deal under 2k but is that me being cheap?

Just be 100% sure it’s genuine as it’s a lot of your hard earned money to waste if caught out.  Many years ago I bought a Armani watch via eBay for a couple of hundred, which should have been worth more but I don’t think it’s genuine.  Refuse to wear it and never had it checked, but papers etc don’t look right. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hi Phil, I’d probably like a deal under 2k but is that me being cheap?

Just be 100% sure it’s genuine as it’s a lot of your hard earned money to waste if caught out.  Many years ago I bought an Armani watch via eBay for a couple of hundred, which should have been worth more but I don’t think it’s genuine.  Refuse to wear it and never had it checked, but papers etc don’t look right. 

Ha, cool, I was thinking 1.8, 2.2 seems to be the ball park and I'll never pay ball park. I would try do a deal for cash to save the sellers fees, so would go and see it with my own eyes, although fakes are really good these days I've seen a few and the weight is usually a tell, as is the sellers house, the look on his face etc, can't be too careful though pal. Like you say with that Armani, the price should be a give away most times.

Just need to hope I can fill the car up with fuel.🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hey watch geeks, what would u be willing to pay for the following, I'm watching a few on ebay and might pull the trigger, 

Might be quicker to link to the ebay listing, as there are dozens of different Black Bays. Is it just the standard one, or with a date, GMT, etc? It's not a bad price anyway, but you do have to be extra careful with Bay. Buy the buyer etc. I think you'll struggle to get it as low £1.8K (depending on the model) but £2K would probably do it.

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

Might be quicker to link to the ebay listing, as there are dozens of different Black Bays. Is it just the standard one, or with a date, GMT, etc? It's not a bad price anyway, but you do have to be extra careful with Bay. Buy the buyer etc. I think you'll struggle to get it as low £1.8K (depending on the model) but £2K would probably do it.

Std black Bay heritage 41mm no date, this is one of the ones I'm watching, 

Edited by Phil Silvers

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

It depends on the model, age and condition.  You can pick up a decent model from a reputable dealer on chrono24 for £2k - £2.5k.  Some dealers on chrono24 also deal on ebay.  But if the ebay listing is from someone who deals exclusively on ebay I would be looking to get it for £2k.  But to be totally honest.....I wouldn't risk it unless you are reasonably competent at spotting fakes or you can verify the seller.  

My advice is to use chrono24 to get an average price of the exact model and work down from there.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

It depends on the model, age and condition.  You can pick up a decent model from a reputable dealer on chrono24 for £2k - £2.5k.  Some dealers on chrono24 also deal on ebay.  But if the ebay listing is from someone who deals exclusively on ebay I would be looking to get it for £2k.  But to be totally honest.....I wouldn't risk it unless you are reasonably competent at spotting fakes or you can verify the seller.  

My advice is to use chrono24 to get an average price of the exact model and work down from there.  

Thanks Mandy, can you see my reply to Risso above with a link to an ebay listing, I'm not sure its.been posted correctly?

4 hours ago, Risso said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUDOR-Black-Bay-Mens-Black-Watch-79230B-Please-Note-This-Is-The-Heritage-41mm-/304154855919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Hi Risso, I posted this hours ago and I don't think it came up properly Std black Bay heritage 41mm no date, this is one of the ones I'm watching, 

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I can't see any link. 

Thx, I just tried again and i get a msg saying I've used up all of my 8mb attachment allowance, ill try it as plain txt, here goes.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUDOR-Black-Bay-Mens-Black-Watch-79230B-Please-Note-This-Is-The-Heritage-41mm-/304154855919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

@ferguson1 @Mandy Lifeboats @Risso

Note - the authenticity guarantee, it looks gen and the sellers has good rep but u never know until it lands, but at least money safe if go through ebay legit, not cash

Edited by Phil Silvers

Here's a few bits of information that might help you decide @Phil Silvers

You can get that model brand new for £2840  without difficulty.  The identical model is available on chrono24 at £2295 from a reputable seller.  I would guess you would get it for slightly less.  The condition isn't as good as the one on ebay.  

The ebay seller has good feedback but he has only sold 1 watch and does not normally sell high value items.  The condition is said to be good.  But the photographs prove nothing.  The seller says he purchased it new 3 months ago.  But paperwork is easy to produce.  

If its genuine and in the condition described and you get it for £2000 - it's a great buy. 

Personally,  I wouldn't buy it unless it came from a seller with a proven history in watches OR I could open it up and check its real.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Risso said:

Post needs to be apprved by a moderator, eh?

EBay links are always auto-blocked. Posters need to pm Admin or a moderator to get them to work. It’s to stop spam and fraud and ticket badness etc.

• Thanks 1

I need a new watch, I’ve got a much smaller budget than some of the beauties on here. I’ve so far narrowed it down to the below 3. Of the 3 I think I prefer the Seiko but unlike the other 2, it isn’t sapphire glass which I’ve read is much more scratch resistant?

Anyone have any of the below?

Hamilton -  H70515137 - £520 -Here

SEIKO 5 SPORTS SRPE51K1 - £190 - Here

Rotary GB05249/04  - £275 - Here

Edited by av1

8 hours ago, av1 said:

I need a new watch, I’ve got a much smaller budget than some of the beauties on here. I’ve so far narrowed it down to the below 3. Of the 3 I think I prefer the Seiko but unlike the other 2, it isn’t sapphire glass which I’ve read is much more scratch resistant?

I do like a nice field watch and had you just asked for best for this type of budget I'd have said this Hamilton or maybe a Seiko Alpinist (prob cost more then the Hamilton) fits the bill too, good watches pal.

See the source image

As for the 3, my order would be.

1. Hamilton - very good watch for the money, don't pay list price!

2. Seiko5 - great value but there are much better seiko's (IMO) out there for less then the price of the Hamilton

3. Rotary - a name I haven't taken a lot of notice of for years and have zero knowledge of them these days. But this one is a nice looking watch.

edit - found this at the same shop

Seiko Prospex Alpinist Watch SPB117J1  -  www.watchshop.com/watches/mens-seiko-automatic-watch-spb117j1.pdp 

£ 650, shop around though if like the look of it.

Seiko use a crystal called hardlex from memory, quite tough too but sapphire is widely regarded as the best.

Edited by Phil Silvers

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Hi av1, I bought a Seiko 5 sports automatic green earlier this year for just under £180, with the rrp being approx £260. It’s a nice everyday watch. I wanted a green face and couldn’t afford some of the more expensive options.  I use it most days in an office environment and only really switch when wanting a different colour face on my wrist.  No scratches so far but again depends on the use I suppose.  Hope this helps.

image.jpeg.a4ae9cdf09918e19261b18e281651f52.jpeg

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

Â