Opponents View - Newcastle United

mikebestlewis

Hi all,

NUFC Fan in peace, I write for nufcsite.co.uk and would love to ask you fans some Questions before the upcoming fixture. Cheers

1. Who do you think NUFC Should worry the most about on Saturday and why?

2. Who should we least worry about and why?

3. What player do you think will cause you most problems and why?

4. Which player do you see causing you the least and why?

5. Where do you see yourselves finishing this year?

6. And where can you see NUFC Finishing.

7. NUFC board and owner seem to be in the news more than the players. What is you views on the top men at NUFC?

8. What are your thoughts on your Manager and is he doing a good job so far?

9. On the day Newcastle where sent down to the Championship at Villa Park why do you think some fans looked delighted at the fact Villa sent them down.

10. And finally, match predictions and scorers?

Many thanks guys.

Mike Lewis

1. Who do you think NUFC Should worry the most about on Saturday and why? gabby looks back to his best and his pace can be frightening to many defences

2. Who should we least worry about and why? on current form and service he gets probably Bent but he might score considering your an old rival this weekend ;)

3. What player do you think will cause you most problems and why? Cabaye, he can pass unlike any of our players

4. Which player do you see causing you the least and why? Obertan=headless chicken

5. Where do you see yourselves finishing this year? 7th

6. And where can you see NUFC Finishing. 9th

7. NUFC board and owner seem to be in the news more than the players. What is you views on the top men at NUFC? Ashley seems a bit of a word removed but he looks like clearing your wage bill and signing younger cheaper players

8. What are your thoughts on your Manager and is he doing a good job so far? unbeaten so far and got us looking better defensively than Houllier though some people still complaing

9. On the day Newcastle where sent down to the Championship at Villa Park why do you think some fans looked delighted at the fact Villa sent them down. think its the media attitude to Newcastle and their looking for messiah

10. And finally, match predictions and scorers? as both teams look solid at the back ill say 1-0 villa Ireland scoring ;)

Darren Bent, I fancy him to score every time he turns out. Gabby has started the season well, and I would wager N'Zogbia will be motivated against his old club. He needs a good game in a Villa shirt, so this might be it.

Stephen Ireland. Mostly because he wont turn up again.

I think Demba Ba has a goal in him.

I really dont know.

Lower mid table. 10th-14th.

Somewhere similar. Top half will be a good season for either club.

7. NUFC board and owner seem to be in the news more than the players. What is you views on the top men at NUFC?

It's been said by lots of people, but how exactly did Mike Ashley make his money in the first place? You would assume somebody has something about them if they made a billion quid but Ashley seems to be a **** idiot. It looks like he is going to keep the Andy Carroll money for himself too, doesnt it?

He speaks well. He says all of the right things in the press and he seems like a really good bloke. Dour football (I predict lots of draws for us this season, and I expect us to get more 0-0s than any other club too) and an association with that lot down the road means there is absolutely no honeymoon period for him at Villa Park. To be fair, he is handling that pretty well.

9. On the day Newcastle where sent down to the Championship at Villa Park why do you think some fans looked delighted at the fact Villa sent them down.

You have to admit, pre relegation Newcastle fans were pretty **** annoying, werent they? All that "best fans in the country" and "only a Geordie understands how to manage us" stuff was utter bollocks, and it took a relegation to snap most of you guys out of it. Newcastle are a big club, but the main reasons for that are geographical, when you have two cities and lord knows how many surrounding towns to yourself then you are going to get big gates. Only Sunderland are within an hours drive, Newcastle is closer to Edinburgh than it is to Manchester. It's closer to Glasgow than it is to Liverpool. Yeah, the Geordie nation exists but the main thing about it seems to be the fact that if you want to go to the football you go to St James Park simply because you have no other options. Having the best catchment area in the UK doesnt mean that Newcastle should be in the title race every season, and I guess ten years of hearing Geordies think that it should on 606 and Sky Sports just pissed a lot of other fans off, us included.

0-0

1. Gabby and Bent. Gabby has rediscovered form and fitness and is amongst the goals. Imagine Bent will fancy banging one in as a former mackem.

2. Creativity from central midfield.

3. Cabaye seems decent and if he can run for more than 60 minutes he'll likely find himself in plenty of space as the game goes on. Steven Taylor is always a danger from set pieces.

4. Not too worried about Tim Krul going forward

5. 10th

6. 11th-13th

7. Morons

8. We've had what was to be expected. A defensively solid team who rely on a strong team ethic and never say die attitude.

9. It was funny, relatively 'big' name going down, thinking Shearer was the man to keep you up etc.....

10. same as last season 1-0 villa.

gabby, lloks to have found the balance again between size and speed

petrov, forget the quality of his strike last week and the talk of wanting more goals, he drags and scuffs 9/10 shots

guttierrez, huttons home debut i think itll be a good match up

big shola, watch him score now but i think he's shite

8th

11th

not overly fussed by him, at times he deserves the stick and at other times he does little wrong but its more cannon fodder, sacking hughton is the only time ive thought what a bellend

we've got dunne playing better but albrighton our best kid from last year stalling, didnt like the heskey in the hole tactic, too early to tell still

pretty much what the rev said, there aint half a lot of bullshit flying around up in the north, sunderland are just as bad as your lot, comments like the derby between you two being bigger than villa/blues etc or that our european cup means less than your gate reciepts, its pretty laughable

add to that we could send anyone down and look delighted, id guess most fans would be the same, if we send norwich down on the last day this year there will be the same songs and smiles

2-0 bent and gabby

Hi all,

NUFC Fan in peace, I write for nufcsite.co.uk and would love to ask you fans some Questions before the upcoming fixture. Cheers

Gabby, looks to be back to his best, speed, power and also coming up with a few goals.

Petrov. Not because he isn't a good player but after his goal, I imagine a few opposition fans might have some sort of idea that he can actually shoot. He can't.

Guiterrez, to be honest, don't really see that much attacking talent in Newcastle's side but Jonas seems at times (not sure about consistant basis) produce moments and is about as decent as you have.

There are a list of players, I will not be naming them as they will all score on the weekend!

Between 7th-11th, I'll guess 9th again.

Between 9th and 14th, again, about 11th-12th.

Sound like words removed.

Wasn't a good choice, not really surprised with our start or results, expecting a middle of the road season, don't mind what he's done and willing to give him a chance.

Because their is a popular opinion that Toon fans are quite deluded about how good and big they really are. (not saying it's true just a regular view heard)

Villa to nick it 2-1. Bent and Gabby. Steven Taylor.

Gabby, he's in great form and top scorer. I think whoever you play at RB, Gabby will rip into them, even if you play FM hero Davide Santon. He's got his confidence back.

Don't worry about Bent right now. He won't score against you in the form he's in, but if you'd like to keep 3 men on him at once that'd be grand.

Cabaye, he's actually decent. Very good midfielder.

Gabriel Obertan. Dear lord, what was the manager on when he signed him?

8th.

10th

He's a nobhead but at least you're not financially ****, be thankful for that.

We're unbeaten and playing soldily as a team. 6 points from 4 isn't terrible, and we can build on this. Some people think we're in a bad predicament right now.

One - you booed Martin Laursen as he was saying his farewells for us having being forced to retire through injury.

Two - Your fanbase is largely of massively deluded nobheads who play the "our attendance is bigger therefore we're bigger" card.

Three - Maybe resentment about Sir Bobby?

Four - You're constant sacking of managers and declaring the next the messiah.

Five - Most people generally don't like your club.

I'm aware the same is probably true for some of us.

2-0, Gabby with 1, Bannan with the other.

1. Who do you think NUFC Should worry the most about on Saturday and why ? Bent / Gabby - give them the service and they'll score 2. Who should we least worry about and why? Bent/Gabby - cut out the service to neutralise them

3. What player do you think will cause you most problems and why? Leon Best, seems a natural finisher

4. Which player do you see causing you the least and why?Alan Smith - past it

5. Where do you see yourselves finishing this year? 9th

6. And where can you see NUFC Finishing. 12th

7. NUFC board and owner seem to be in the news more than the players. What is you views on the top men at NUFC? No real view on them, other than Ashley wouldn't know they are

8. What are your thoughts on your Manager and is he doing a good job so far? He is better than Houllier but worse than O'Neill

Villa fans or NUFC ??

10. And finally, match predictions and scorers? 1-1 Bent, Best

RE question number 9. I live and work in the North East, so have many friends who follow Newcastle. However, I can count on one hand the number of them I can actually talk properly with about football. In the main I find Toon fans to be one eyed, deluded, and pretty much ignorant to anything other than their own team, when it comes to football.

As for that day, again I've had this conversation many times over the past couple of years. What you've got to understand is that you'd have got that reaction from any set of fans in the country. It's a media myth that Newcastle are everyone's second favourite team, that for some reason the Geordies have brought into. I was at the game, and can confirm that on the walk back to the pub from the ground, having relegated you, I got texts messages of thanks from fans of Leeds, Spurs, Blues (who remember your lot laughing at them when they got relegated at Sid James'), Boro, Sunderland (obviously!), Everton & even Darlington!

Add that to what's already been mentioned, and you've got your answer.

1. Darren Bent. Only 1 in 4 so far this season, so he's well due a goal.

2. N'Zogbia. You probably know more about him than we do at this stage, but whilst I'm confident he'll come good for us, he's hardly had a pre-season and it shows.

3. Joey Ba.... Oh yeah. Erm... Probably Gutierrez, not least because of our own full backs. Hutton looked suspect on his debut and Warnock has been poor for some time now.

4. Alan Smith. (What's happened to him? Is he not worth a go up front again?)

5. I'll say 10th.

6. I'll say 12th.

7. He's very fat. But then so are the fans. Doesn't seem to have a clue, but it doesn't help that you all round on him because he's not a Geordie. I'm not sure he's actually any worse than the fat Geordie you had before. Rich pickings.

8. His appointment and our lack of investment this summer has left me a little apathetic about the club (and football generally, to a lesser extent). We'll never compete in the league whilst he is our manager but I'm not sure that we would under any manager without more investment than the owner is prepared to give. I can't say I'm excited about life under McLeish but we've started OK. As expected really, solid but dour. A win this weekend and things would look a bit rosier.

9. I'm afraid the toon army set themselves up for a fall and it was a relegation that was relished more than any since Leeds, not just by ourselves but up and down the country. In part it is because it's exciting to see the usual order shaken up and to see a big club go down. I'm sure many would have laughed if we had succumbed last year. But not as hard. The nonsense about the relative size of your club and about messiah's etc etc filled an enormous windbag of hot air and it was wonderful to be that club that finally punctured it. I should add that the fans have been a lot less openly irritating since you have returned to the division, so fair play for that.

10. I really feel that this a big game for us. If we win it, we've made a very solid start to the campaign and people might start to believe that we could be a half decent side again. If we don't, it'll be more talk of dour football and no cutting edge. With that in mind I'll go for a 0-0.

Darren Bent, Gabby Agbonlahor and Barry Bannan

Stephen Warnock, rarely poses an attacking threat and gets beat far too often.

I'd be wary of Ryan Taylor's set-pieces

Won't say, they are bound to have a stormer if I do

Anywhere between 8th-14th

Bottom half.

Out of touch with the supporters, bad for the game

Steady start, can't fault him at the moment

Could go on for ages, but just to see the "greetist fans in the woryld" with their fat, tattooed bellies out crying was satisfying enough for me. Also how pally you seem to be with Small Heath Alliance.

2-1 Villa, Bent and Agbonlahor for us and R.Taylor for you.

As for that day, again I've had this conversation many times over the past couple of years. What you've got to understand is that you'd have got that reaction from any set of fans in the country. It's a media myth that Newcastle are everyone's second favourite team, that for some reason the Geordies have brought into. I was at the game, and can confirm that on the walk back to the pub from the ground, having relegated you, I got texts messages of thanks from fans of Leeds, Spurs, Blues (who remember your lot laughing at them when they got relegated at Sid James'), Boro, Sunderland (obviously!), Everton & even Darlington!

Add that to what's already been mentioned, and you've got your answer.

indeed; something that i've had to explain to newcastle fans on numerous occassions. they don't seem to understand, or rather make themselves blind to the fact that, prior to the match everybody was praying and relying on us to do the job and send them down.

the reaction to the relegation at villa park would have been mirrored in living rooms and football stadia across the country.

and yet they're still so far up their own arses they don't realise any of this, it's just 'big bad villa, let's try and create a rivalry with them'.

i also got lots of texts at the final whistle from opposing fans.

Â