GTA 5

Genie

im still only 12% in, finding it really difficult, im stuck on both the main mission and strangers & freaks mission for both franklin and michael

i cant seem to get out of the warehouse with franklin, as for michael, its impossible to rob the security van, how do you do it? as for the stoned alien attacking shooting mission thingy, wtf, impossible, more aliens just come

back onto franklin, i cant carry on as i have no money due to keep dying, police took my vest, guns, ammo and money off me/him after i got robbed on my own driveway, wtf!

also whilst i was free roaming, a blue dot popped up, i checked it out, it was 2 guys robbing a 3rd at gun point, they shouted to me to get a car, so i got a hummer, the map then directed me to somewhere were they would share the takings, but instead of giving me some money, they shot me dead, again, wtf!

i dont think im ever going to be able to get online, i cant even get onto the social club website as it wont recognise my password

Edited by AndyBM

for all the game consol playing ability i have, i might as well lol, games werent really something that were part of my life as a child, teenager or early 20s, so shooting, driving and fighting are new to me :-)

I feel like there is not enough interiors, or maybe I just haven't explored enough. There is no big mall, for example, or any place with a lot of people around... not that I wish to find such a place and mini-gun the shit out of it.

I also think there is no place to siege. Convenience stores are decent for a shoot up, and I had quite a battle in the police station (which resulted in a daring escape in a helicopter from the roof, only to be shot down by other helicopters). Overall though, the police/swat/army dudes always find a way to sneak up on you.

Got this yesterday. Not had a decent go yet but I am at a similar stage to AndyBM. I have done the warehouse section of Franklins mission. Just trying to do the evade the cops part now. Struggling to lose the heat though, I just seem to make it worse and get 4 stars. This is my first GTA since GTA3 so still getting used to it a bit. Any tips?

Also, I know there are a few interactive features to the game but I cannot remember them all as I wasn't paying that much attention to the cut scenes. Can somebody clarify? All I remember are:

IFruit App - for training Chop - any other uses?

.... And that's it! Hah. If someone could list them all that would be awesome.

Edited by Tayls

Got this yesterday. Not had a decent go yet but I am at a similar stage to AndyBM. I have done the warehouse section of Franklins mission. Just trying to do the evade the cops part now. Struggling to lose the heat though, I just seem to make it worse and get 4 stars. This is my first GTA since GTA3 so still getting used to it a bit. Any tips?

Also, I know there are a few interactive features to the game but I cannot remember them all as I wasn't paying that much attention to the cut scenes. Can somebody clarify? All I remember are:

IFruit App - for training Chop - any other uses?

.... And that's it! Hah. If someone could list them all that would be awesome.

Head for the hills and go off road, the police in the city don't like going off road unless they are right on you.

Or try to get to a custom shop and get your car sprayed.

You can also hide in larger bushes and the police will normally drive straight past if you're not on their radar. On occasion they do get out on foot to search though. If you're pointer on the map turns grey, that means the can't see you.

Uh! I knew I had the wrong guy! I tried to add you ages ago, and the guy accepted...that guy being Jyukko. He's been played the JP version of FF14 recently and that pretty much confirmed to me it wasn't really you :lol:

That was probably my fault to be fair. I can never remember how I spell my PSN name. I wish I could change it now that I have a username I generally use that nobody else tends to have, though it's not my VT one. Ah well, I have you now buddy :wub:

I also have 100% completion as of today. I was stuck on 99.8% wondering what I had to do and it turned out I'd never played a game of golf and got an even or below par score. I had only played the once as I didn't much care for it. I played again and was 4 under on the ninth hole when something glitched and told me I'd broken the course rules, so it cancelled my game on the final hole. I was pretty pissed, stupid bug, I didn't even do anything!

Just doing the stunt jumps now. Nineteen left. After that all I have left trophy-wise is to get 70 gold medals by replaying the old missions.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Well done to both of you, online has cast it's spell on me now though and you may think of me as a slacker but I haven't touched the main game since online came out and I don't think I'll return to it,  I have just over 80% and I think that'll be it.

The only thing I haven't done that I'd have liked to have is solving the old murder.

I'm about 45% in according to the in game checklist.  I stole a helicopter for the first time and have been exploring and I really can't get over how amazing the world is. It's ridiculous how much work must have gone into making the damn thing. No wonder it took five years. 

DXLgL2Z.jpg

I was pissing about up in the hills and found some big horse racing track. I presume it has a role in the plot at some point, but I've had no cause to go there on a mission yet.  I must have spent twenty odd minutes just trying to find a sports car and figure out how to get it over two fences and onto the track itself. Got over and smashed a couple of laps for no reason whatsoever then just carried on up the coastline.  

9yuVvmf.jpg

A few minutes later I stumbled upon two NPC's holding up a third one outside a shop as they shouted for a getaway driver and offered to pay good money for one. I had my sports car so I thought I might as well take them up on their offer before realising I could probably just rob the two robbers. As I'm a dishonourable word removed I decided just to shoot the pair of them in the back while they were holding up the third guy and steal whatever they dropped. Think I got about $2000.  GTA V is bloody great. :)

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

I'm about 45% in according to the in game checklist.  I stole a helicopter for the first time and have been exploring and I really can't get over how amazing the world is. It's ridiculous how much work must have gone into making the damn thing. No wonder it took five years. 

I was pissing about up in the hills and found some big horse racing track. I presume it has a role in the plot at some point, but I've had no cause to go there on a mission yet.  I must have spent twenty odd minutes just trying to find a sports car and figure out how to get it over two fences and onto the track itself. Got over and smashed a couple of laps for no reason whatsoever then just carried on up the coastline.  A few minutes later I stumbled upon two NPC's holding up a third one outside a shop as they shouted for a getaway driver and offered to pay good money for one. I had my sports car so I thought I might as well take them up on their offer before realising I could probably just rob the two robbers. As I'm a dishonourable word removed I decided just to shoot the pair of them in the back while they were holding up the third guy and steal whatever they dropped. Think I got about $2000.  GTA V is bloody great. :)

theres an opening in the fence around the back of the car park to get onto the track, i took a car there whilst it was raining to do some drifting :-)

i dont the same mission regarding the 2 guys, i should of shot them too instead of trying to help them, they ended up shooting me

Brought this yesterday ( after playing vice city on my ipad recently ) but only managed a quick hour so far. Graphically it looks amazing and I actually like the handling on the cars as well.

I probably only get time for a couple of hours gaming each week and seeing as FIFA 14 doesn't look much cop, I reckon this could see me through until FIFA 15 !

Had some fun with 8pints last night though, are there any VT Crews on PS3? there are enough of us, me, 8pints, AVFCforever1991, Ingram, Hogso...

I'll play, I'll play!

Robbb182 on PS3

(Though I want to get through some more missions before I venture online)

Anyone who can be bothered, start a VT crew and a list of PS3 tags to add!

A few minutes later I stumbled upon two NPC's holding up a third one outside a shop as they shouted for a getaway driver and offered to pay good money for one. I had my sports car so I thought I might as well take them up on their offer before realising I could probably just rob the two robbers. As I'm a dishonourable word removed I decided just to shoot the pair of them in the back while they were holding up the third guy and steal whatever they dropped. Think I got about $2000.  GTA V is bloody great. :)

If you drop them off, you unlock Patrick McReary from GTA 4. He will be available as a gun man on heists. He also talks about Niko and robbing a bank back in Liberty City.

Â