GTA 5

Genie

Can't even log into ShopTo... I have to say, their website is a bit crap, it was barely working when I ordered GTA. And the price is higher than anywhere else.

All this for the hope it might get here a day earlier.

Really don't think you would've got it on Monday even if they sent it today.

You never really know with the postal service. All my previous pre-orders with ShopTo have arrived early before.

This isn't a normal game though. Gta 4 got held back at the post office for an extra day so it didn't arrive early. I get most my games a day early, but things like Gta never arrive a day before.

edit

My mate who ordered with Shopto said his was dispatched yesterday (well he got the dispatch email yesterday). I reckon it will be held back at the post office like last time.

Edited by Daniel

You never really know with the postal service. All my previous pre-orders with ShopTo have arrived early before.

This isn't a normal game though. Gta 4 got held back at the post office for an extra day so it didn't arrive early. I get most my games a day early, but things like Gta never arrive a day before.

edit

My mate who ordered with Shopto said his was dispatched yesterday (well he got the dispatch email yesterday). I reckon it will be held back at the post office like last time.

Uh, how would the post office know the package contained GTA V?

• Like 1

edit

Yeah my thoughts too, once it's dispatched it's just a case of it getting to you like any other package.

Amazon has been dispatching all day, probably won't be dispatched until tomorrow :(

edit

Well my mates game was sent yesterday (12th) from shopto. His didn't get here today and i'm willing to be it wont be here tomorrow or Monday. There are people on Neogaf that had is sent from game on the 11th. So why is it taking so long to arrive. My guess is they're being held back.

edit

Well my mates game was sent yesterday (12th) from shopto. His didn't get here today and i'm willing to be it wont be here tomorrow or Monday. There are people on Neogaf that had is sent from game on the 11th. So why is it taking so long to arrive. My guess is they're being held back.

Hmm. Are you certain these people have had the game dispatched? Cos as I say, once it's out, it's just a package to Royal Mail. Mine personally hasn't been shipped from shop-to yet, which is a pre-paid pre-order from some weeks ago.

I would be interested to know if anyone stuck up the extra cash for delivery, to guarantee it next day, to see when they get it.

Such drama over the mere delivery of the game! Wonderful stuff. I think it's quite plausible that the sheer number of packages containing the game could in itself cause a slower delivery. Over 3 million pre orders in the UK alone, you've got to think 2/3 of those are going via post.

The cock up by Sony was a good one, for those who missed it. They had previously 'promised' that those who pre ordered on PSN could pre load it from today, so it'd be ready to go midnight on Tues. They've now changed that to Monday. The people who did dish out the £50 did so cos they wanted it ASAP. Now they might not. Comical :lol:

Â