330 members have voted

1. 1. Houllier or McLeish?

• McLeish
    • Houllier

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refused to take any responsibility for problems last year and now has the nerve to claim he played in a part in improving young and downing.

What a **** stupid old word removed.

And if he's admitted he isn't fit to be a manager why have we given him any compensation?

Since when are Ligue 1 and the Premier League shitty leagues?

Since when did Houllier "do well" in the Premier League?

With Liverpool.

Not really, certainly not with the amount of money he spent and their best season in the league involved him being in hospital for 3/4's of it. Houllier has never been anything other than a failure in the Premier League.

I seriously still cant work out what Houllier has done to deserve this God like status with some of you? It's beyond bizzare!

Me neither. Its the same scenario when a player spends some time on the bench, he all of a sudden becomes fantastic and it's unbelievable that he is not played.

I seriously still cant work out what Houllier has done to deserve this God like status with some of you? It's beyond bizzare!

Me neither. Its the same scenario when a player spends some time on the bench, he all of a sudden becomes fantastic and it's unbelievable that he is not played.

Salifou Syndrome? :)

I do not think it is that straight forward to be honest. I think, and this is just my opinion, that there could be an element of people defending him last season and now not willing to see that that stance was ill advised but I do not think people see him as a god.

I do not think it is that straight forward to be honest. I think, and this is just my opinion, that there could be an element of people defending him last season and now not willing to see that that stance was ill advised but I do not think people see him as a god.

So people just being to stubborn to admit that he was terrible in every way? Rich, trust me, some on here rate him that highly!

So people just being to stubborn to admit that he was terrible in every way? Rich, trust me, some on here rate him that highly!

Im still in the thought that no matter how abysmal he was (and it was abysmal) - Players on that kind of money, have imo, a responsibility to work as hard as possible regardless of the environment (within reason of course - Land mines on the training field would be debateable ). :D

Im still in the thought that no matter how abysmal he was (and it was abysmal) - Players on that kind of money, have imo, a responsibility to work as hard as possible regardless of the environment (within reason of course - Land mines on the training field would be debateable ). :D

A happy office...is an efficiant office. You get more work produced when you enjoy your job, that is fact. The players didnt want to work for him/didnt enjoy working for him. I agree that they should work hard getting payed the money they do, but you have to remember it is still only a job to them.

Also take into account that some of the players may have taken the hump with how their fellow pro's were being treated (Warnock/Ireland). Its also surfaced since via. Gabby that there was little or no interaction with the players from the manager which again does not build that trust you that they now seem to have with McLeish. From what i can gather, the mood in the camp between staff and players & players and players is better than at ever has been. The shite performances are just bad form, nothing to do with McLeish, we are playing as a team and working hard for each other just not getting the rub of the green.

We are playing some decent football and we're not playing route 1 hoofball, we're just out of form but at least we're still picking up points.

Not a god by any means. There's only one Lord McGrath. But I saw progress in our game. At first just here and there whilst the team over all looked disshaped, But after a while, when most of our injured players were back, one player that was rumoured to upset the dressing room had left and we got some good players in it started to show more often.

So, my thoughts were that with a summer transfer window getting out the trouble makers and getting his own players in and with a full pre season I was very much interested in seeing how this season could turn out. That was never to happen due to his illness and maybe just as well as I now doubt that the right funds would've been there. Then again, the man had contacts in the football world and could've got us some gems, but now we'll never know

The man made his misstakes too, no doubt about that. The Liverpool embarrasment, the F.A.-cup debacle and a few more. And he probably didn't too much to make friends with players he didn't rate. And he alienated some fans. Many fans would be more correct. Buit still, I'd liked to see what he could do this season. And no one on here has ever been successfull on changing my mind on that. I have my own eyes to see with and my own brain to make up my own opinions on.

Having said all that, I still can't say that I'd prefer him instead of AML or not. AML is here, GH is not. Now I hope that AML puts him and many other managers to shame. That would benefit Villa.

A happy office...is an efficiant office. You get more work produced when you enjoy your job, that is fact. The players didnt want to work for him/didnt enjoy working for him. I agree that they should work hard getting payed the money they do, but you have to remember it is still only a job to them.

Also take into account that some of the players may have taken the hump with how their fellow pro's were being treated (Warnock/Ireland). Its also surfaced since via. Gabby that there was little or no interaction with the players from the manager which again does not build that trust you that they now seem to have with McLeish. From what i can gather, the mood in the camp between staff and players & players and players is better than at ever has been. The shite performances are just bad form, nothing to do with McLeish, we are playing as a team and working hard for each other just not getting the rub of the green.

We are playing some decent football and we're not playing route 1 hoofball, we're just out of form but at least we're still picking up points.

I dont disagree with any of that Wiggy, but for me....

When you sign a 60k a week contract (and of course I wouldnt say no either), you can not complain about discipline areas in the same way, your average man on the street can, imo.

I always remember emailing my bro the story of them being upset regarding mobile phone rules etc.....

He replied.....

to be fair tho, if my work took away my phone, stopped us playing Wii on break etc, id be pissed off too.

Soon changed his mind when i pointed out that he works 40hrs a week for less in 3 years than what they earn in a week.

My point is if you want the right to moan about mobile phone use at work, dont sign a 60k a week contract.

It might not of simply been a case of not wanting to 'put a shift in' for their money. The training regime sounding so brutal that they possibly didn't have sufficient energy to bust a gut come matchday.

Well thats a fair point, but it doesnt cover the fact that they refused to conform to what sounds like bog standard rules & regulations like turning up on time.

I dont disagree with any of that Wiggy, but for me....

When you sign a 60k a week contract (and of course I wouldnt say no either), you can not complain about discipline areas in the same way, your average man on the street can, imo.

I always remember emailing my bro the story of them being upset regarding mobile phone rules etc.....

He replied.....

to be fair tho, if my work took away my phone, stopped us playing Wii on break etc, id be pissed off too.

Soon changed his mind when i pointed out that he works 40hrs a week for less in 3 years than what they earn in a week.

My point is if you want the right to moan about mobile phone use at work, dont sign a 60k a week contract.

I see where your going mate and i agree, but were not talking about rules, this is all about how your boss treats you.

If your boss treats you like a word removed, then your not going to graft your arse out for him. Your boss treats you with respect (in Houlliers case, just a simple hello would have been nice by all acounts) then you will work an hour extra to get something finished or work through your dinner hour. Houllier clearly had his favourites, and if your were not one of those (again Ireland/Warnock), then no matter how much unpaid overtime you did, or how many lunch hours you worked through there was no way back. Now i dont care if your a footballer, estimator, banker or whatever, you should still treat people with respect. Treat people how you wish to be treated.

Â