Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

Started a new save with Villa on the new patch.

First season i got 6th, but still had alot of high earners and hardly any money.

2nbenww.jpg

Second season was more of the same. Got a Few free transfers in and got 6th again.

35jc9lf.jpg

Third season i started to get more money. Stadium capacity got increased and i got 4th.

5cinw5.jpg

Forth season and Finally won the league. Non of the first 11 are the same from the first season. Alot of money spent, but now making profits every season with Champions league football.

mwxfz7.jpg

34jf69v.jpg

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd written off my Champions League dream with Villa when my group was Real Madrid, AC Milan and CSKA Moscow, but I beat Real Madrid 6-1 last night.

I'm not sure whether to celebrate like mad or throw the game in the bin for being so ridiculous.

started it up again, playing as barca which i havent done in about 6 years, thought it might be interesting because barca skews my complaint of it being too easy to find regens, pretty much everyone is decent at best, i think hummels is the only player i scouted that they said would be better than what i had, a fair chunk of the barca youth seem to be very underrated too, tello is rubbish, cuenca isnt much better

that said ive played 32 games, won 30, drawn 2, conceeded 8, scored 90 something, messi and villa both over 40 goals in all comps

ive played FM for 14 years i think and ive gone unbeaten a few times (mainly with ajax games) but ive never been this dominant

Been on this again, to pass time. Still on my Eastleigh/Hamilton/Norwich game, won FA Cup and League cup in the season just gone with Norwich and then Villa offered me the job... they have loads of overpaid players, foreigners who are past their best and a new owner... Cannot resist the challenge.

Ive played them before but not for maybe 2 or 3 years. Ive read your tips, cheers for those :thumb:

I never used to fart around with the tactics to much as they were too confusing. Have they toned them down at all? I used to just find something that seemed to work and stick with it. Am i expected to mess around with the tempo etc?

Probably best if you do suit the tempo and such to your tactics. Nowadays you can do it from a couple of simple drop down menus, instead of messing with those annoying sliders. The 'Strategy' drop down has like 6 options, and the 'passing' drop down has three, but changing just one of those will change a whole host of the hidden sliders. For instance setting Strategy to 'Attacking' and Passing to 'More Direct' will bump your tempo right up, as well as automatically changing all the other small settings to suit, including automatically changing individual player passing to be 'more direct'. You can do all that through the tactics creator wizard, it's pretty streamlined nowadays.

You can also tweak stuff mid-game with Touchline Shouts. Eg. giving the shout 'Retain Possession' will slow the tempo and shorten the passing. It's better to have a slower tempo and shorter passing if you're trying to break a very defensive team down, close out a game or if you're generally playing a short passing game with shoddy passers. Shouting 'Get ball forward' will activate Operation Ginger Thunder aka Collins Mode. A more 'attacking' strategy fits shorter passing if you have good passers, longer passing if you have a physically beefy team. Personally I don't have much use for the more defensive strategies like 'Counter' and 'Contain'. I hardly ever select anything more Defensive than 'Standard' even when playing on the counter, because much like real life, soaking up pressure is just asking for one of your defenders to screw up.

Oh and one more tip, it's an old one but it still applied to the 2012 demo when I played:

Under Player Instructions, the game defaults to giving your two centre-halfs the instructions of 'Attack Far Post' and 'Attack Near Post', for attacking corners. 'Attack Far Post' is fine - give that one to your CB with best Jumping and Heading - but change the guy with 'Attack Near Post' to 'Near Post Flick On'. Whoever has 'Attack Near Post' will sometimes receive the ball to feet, so it's much better if they're a forward or someone with a strong shot, rather than a CB. Meanwhile the 'Near Post Flick On' guy will almost always receive the ball in the air - better for a CB with a clever header on him - plus the 'Flick On' bit is misleading as he'll more often go for goal with a header rather than flick it on.

4 **** hours to install the game on Steam!?!?!?!?!

You've got to be taking the piss????

It took me 10 hours to install the demo for FM10, consider yourself lucky. :lol:

Used the editor to put a couple of players I like (that aren't particularly great) at Guiseley FC, in the Blue Square North. Scored something like 30 goals in 6 games, conceded 1. It makes a nice change.

Â