Predictions and general chat

BOF

A source tells the Seattle Times that Percy Harvin got into an altercation with Golden Tate during Super Bowl week last season, resulting in a black eye for Tate.

This confirms an initial report from The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein. A source also tells the Seattle Times that Harvin had an altercation with Doug Baldwin in August that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin. A final straw was reportedly Harvin balking about going back into last week's game against Dallas, possibly angry over not being used more early on. Zierlein was told "Harvin's anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry."

Dunno where this if from but if true then I can't fault the fishmongers much

Panthers are top of the South at 3-3-1? :lol:

and as bad as the Giants playcalling is, the Saints is surely worse. 45 passes v 20 designed runs in a game that the lead throughout the entire 2nd, 3rd and pretty much all of the 4th. Disaster.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Panthers are top of the South at 3-3-1? :lol:

and as bad as the Giants playcalling is, the Saints is surely worse. 45 passes v 20 designed runs in a game that the lead throughout the entire 2nd, 3rd and pretty much all of the 4th. Disaster.

The new NFC East. 

Frustrating for us though, we've been hammered 3 times and been pretty solid in the other four (at least on one side of the ball). Missing Hardy so bad, no pass rush at all which means the secondary is getting slaughtered. 

The only way id be interested in a London franchise is if they put them in the NFC East so i can get to see a Giants away game every season.

You wouldnt switch your allegiance to the London Club supporting a team an hour train away rather than a 6 hour flight?

I wonder how many would?

The only way id be interested in a London franchise is if they put them in the NFC East so i can get to see a Giants away game every season.

You wouldnt switch your allegiance to the London Club supporting a team an hour train away rather than a 6 hour flight?

I wonder how many would?

I was saying this the other day, if you have a team in a league you're not going to stop supporting them for someone else. You might have a soft spot for the other team but they'll never be number 1. It's not the same as football where you support Villa then another lower league club as well like Solihull as they will never play each other.

I couldn't just stop supporting a team that I've followed for half my life just because another moved closer. If it gets called the London something, I'd probably not support it anyway, even as like a 2nd 'local' team. 

The difference between US and UK fans which is a shame because it will limit the atmosphere at the game.

The team will always suffer if when they play Pats for example and half the crowd want Pats to win

I'm doing my dissertation on this so I'll be getting you all to do a survey at the start of next year  :D

Be interesting though, but I just can't see it working. 90,000 a week 8 times a year is gonna be a huge ask. I mean, if Carolina play then I'd definitely go and maybe 1 or 2 others. I just don't think there's enough casual fans that would fill the stadium 8 times. 

Edited by Milfner

I'm doing my dissertation on this so I'll be getting you all to do a survey at the start of next year  :D

Be interesting though, but I just can't see it working. 90,000 a week 8 times a year is gonna be ask. I mean, if Carolina play then I'd definitely go and maybe 1 or 2 others. I just don't think there's enough casual fans that would fill the stadium 8 times. 

If everyone supported the London team or at least the majority would then id buy a season ticket. However i can see there being more fans of each visiting team and i wouldnt be interested in that. I want to hear deafening sound on 3rd and goals etc. So i would buy if over a large quantity of tickets sold were season tickets.

It won't be like that though. Fans of American football in the UK already have their teams, and very few will change. Then it's a reliance on the current American football fans going to watch American football because they like American football and then people who are interested in seeing what it's like. 

As a Panthers fan, would I make noise on 3rd & 1, no, probably not. 

Things like this take a generation to embed, and the NFL isn't gonna hang around in London for a long time.

The one thing that will determine if it gets anywhere is quite simple. Will the team be competitive. It will get tedious in short order if they are getting humped every game. 

Fans of other teams have rivals though so if I was at a game and they were playing against BUF, NE, MIA, NYG yeah I would be shouting on 3rd down 

It won't be like that though. Fans of American football in the UK already have their teams, and very few will change. Then it's a reliance on the current American football fans going to watch American football because they like American football and then people who are interested in seeing what it's like. 

As a Panthers fan, would I make noise on 3rd & 1, no, probably not. 

Things like this take a generation to embed, and the NFL isn't gonna hang around in London for a long time.

I am aware, hence my previous post.

Its a really big shame though. How good would it be to go to your teams home NFL game 8 times a year?

The stubbornness of supporters in the UK is irritating

Whoever London play, fans of the opposition team will be the ones that will be trying to get the tickets and that's why it will never be a home game for them. There's hardly going to be many die hard fans of a team who just came in to existence yesterday. 

It'd be like an American team joining the Premier League. When they played at home against the top sides, it wouldn't be a home game at all. 

• Like 1

Â