Predictions and general chat

BOF

Peter King was in Seattle last night

But it’s hard not to wonder this about the NFC playoff race: If Seattle wins home-field advantage, what team is going into that cauldron of sound and fury, CenturyLink Field, and winning a football game? I mean, the 49ers are really good, the best team on a given day in football. In their last two games in Seattle, they’ve lost by a combined 71-16, scoring one touchdown. Their backs have rushed for 2.8 yards a carry. They’ve been penalized 179 yards. San Francisco has been a hot mess in only one place since 2012 dawned—Seattle—and no one can tell me it doesn’t have a lot to do with the crowd.

It was so loud, Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor told me, that the Seattle defense, which normally has an edge when the crowd is going nuts, had trouble hearing middle linebacker Bobby Wagner call the plays in the defensive huddle. The defense had to use hand signals for those who didn’t hear what Wagner was saying, even in a tight huddle. But it was still a huge edge for Seattle, because obviously it was impossible for Colin Kaepernick to communicate in any way but a non-verbal one. On the Niners’ third futile series of the game, they had a false start and a delay of game in a three-play stretch, and the delay whipped the crowd into a more feverish pitch. Probably the most amazing thing is the place was louder after the 60-minute weather delay, and after halftime: It got to 136.6 decibels in the third quarter, 16.6 decibels louder than the sound generated by a jet engine on an open runway.

The New York Giants or some other team with momentum late in the year.

So we've opened against the past 2 superbowl champions and scored 90pts, got 6 picks and are 2-0. We've now won 13 consecutive regular season games and our offence has more options than last year plus our defence appears to be better too despite the omission of Miller & Bailey. The next bit is honestly not trash talking but the ease with which we negotiated a potentially very tricky tie away to the Giants surprised me. I know Peyton Manning has a history of choking in the playoffs (although he does have a ring...) but with the weapons at his disposal this season and the help he's getting on defence I think we have to be looking at getting to the big one this season. By which I mean that has got to be the goal. We're good enough to get there. We just need to avoid the usual slip-ups along the way. I have a good feeling about this season. I know it is only week 2 but the manner in which we're taking care of sides at the moment (going back 13 league games) has me full of optimism! I don't know how long more we have Manning for, so there's no time like the present to get this done.

I know the responses will be 'yeah but Manning and the playoffs'. I know that. That's the slip-up I'm referring to. I just think this season will be different. He's more composed. More comfortable in his surroundings and I think he's ready for a 2nd ring (yes, to match Eli's total - before someone else comes in with it :)).

Would losing your LT for the season be one of those slip-ups!?  Big loss for you, he held JPP in check the weekend.

That is a bloody monumental loss. Blindside pro-bowl tackle. F U C K! Hopefully Kuper will be healthy soon to give us quality options at the line. In the meantime Clark has to step up a fair bit

They dont have a franchise QB on the roster and they wanted to make sure they will be picking one of them next year.

Did anyone really think they were going to win more than 6 or 7 games this year anyways?

Richardson never played like the #3 pick in the draft. People talk like they traded Emmitt Smith.

• Like 1

They dont have a franchise QB on the roster and they wanted to make sure they will be picking one of them next year.

Did anyone really think they were going to win more than 6 or 7 games this year anyways?

Richardson never played like the #3 pick in the draft. People talk like they traded Emmitt Smith.

All true but I would not be happy if I just bought a Browns season ticket and they trade away the star offensive player*

Excluding Joe Thomas but I can't really believe anyone bought a season ticket to watch Joe Thomas

The Browns VP was at the Texas AnM v. Alabama game over the weekend.

Players are a commodity, some valuable some not. As a season ticket holder to any professional sports team, I think it would be pretty naive to think all of the players will be there all season long, especially on a traditionally bad team. Trades happen.

Well the trade might work out. Maybe in 3/4 years time the Browns will be a legit superbowl contender and people will point to this trade as one of the reasons why. 

The Browns fans though. I think the only hope the Browns fans had this year was that Richardson was going to become a superstar and they were getting to watch him develop in front of their eyes. 

Plus, they were going to get a high draft pick anyway weren't they, maybe even no.1

Saw this elsewhere: 

"Let's not forget the Browns traded their 4th overall pick, a 4th rd, 5th rd and 7th rd picks to move up one spot with Minnesota in the 2012 draft to take Richardson. Just 18 regular season games later he's being dealt for what might be the 20th overall pick."

It's a proper F U to the previous organisation definitely. 

Tebow is always available ;)

Well... looking at rookie years.

Trent Richardson - 15 games

267 attempts 950 yards 11 TD 3.6 avg

51 rec 367 yards 1 TD 7.2 avg

LaDainian Tomllinson - 16 games

339 attempts 1236 yards 10 TD 3.6 avg

59 rec 367 yards 0 TD 6.2 avg

Emmitt Smith - 16 games

241 attempts 937 yards 11 TD 3.8 avg

24 rec 228 yards 0 TD 9.5 avg

Richardson was the Browns best offensive player and has the ability to be a feature back for many years. The Colts have won this trade by miles and I'll bet Luck is ecstatic.

Prediction:

Jax takes Bridgewater at 1
Browns take Manziel at 2.

Manziel gets kicked out of the league by year 2 for being a moron off the field. They are back at square 1, without Richardson.....

• Like 1

Â