Gym Routine

olboydave

Thought so. Is it mainly just core work (which I guess includes hip and glute work) or do you do any explosive stuff? Where do you do your lifting?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm just really interested in how professionals in any sport train! :)

Er...it was mentioned that a company might want me to do one of those exercise DVD things.

No.

Unless they offer me like big money :ph34r: I thought only ex soap actresses were allowed to do them!

to do that don't you have to get well fat first, flounce around in a tiny bikini and let the paps get you and then turn up 3 months later skinny again?

Tennis elbow again :(

Any tips? I know it's fine to train on, it's just really bloody uncomfortable and it limits my max.

So annoyed.

MobilityWOD are good for that kind of thing. I'm on my phone now but there's a video on YouTube called bench dip pull up elbowitis (or something similar) from them.

I know this sounds like bullshit but I'm pretty sure it cured my tennis elbow.

Edit - Please ignore their affiliation with CrossFit. I've convinced myself that's purely for financial gain.

Edited by ArteSuave

Cheers fella.

I'm also told to avoid arm isolation exercise. Which would be fine, except I need to build my bi's/tri's and especially my forearms to avoid strain as I move up through the weights with compound lifts.

Just utterly depressed by it all now. Feel like packing it in.

Do you use anything to help your grip?

Liquid chalk is pretty effective and dirt cheap (a fiver will buy you a bottle that'll last you months)

Used to be a huge limiting factor for me too on the deadlift.

What I do (and I've given this advice to someone else in here I think) is stay raw for your first few sets.

Only use the grip assist, whatever it is, for like your top set.

That way as you move up, your grip should still be improving because you're still working it at the lower weights (or first sets if you do all the same weight), but it's not holding you back on your top set.

• Like 1

Wanted to go raw as long as possible but on top of lifting a new pb im slightly disappointed as I could have went a bit more or a few more reps

A few more? Your back is deceptive. Rather than the kind of strain you feel with chest, where you know that another kg on the bar would mean game over, your back either lifts or it doesn't. Worst case, it never lifts again.

Take it easy bro. Don't get whacking 20kg on next time and blowing up.

130kg is impressive. Height/weight?

I think he meant a few more but his grip failed him, as opposed to his back.

Yeah I get that bit. I was just trying to quell his enthusiasm a touch. As somebody who never listened to advice telling me to look after my knees I'll certainly not take the same risk with my back.

Slow and steady wins the race. You know that Stevo985.

As for grip, I have similar issues. I've never tried liquid grip, but I wear gloves so I'm not sure what difference it will make. It's a strength issue for me.

It's kinda weird, because I climb indoors too without any grip aid and I'm absolutely fine.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah liquid chalk won't do anything on top of gloves I wouldn't think.

I never rated gloves in terms of grip to be honest. They protect you rhands but I always found them slippier if anything, although they might have just been shit gloves.

I bought myself some straps. They're brilliant.

Â