Gym Routine

olboydave

Leg Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!11 back over 100kg on the squat as well happy with that ........had 2 apple danish after but thats ok ?

Can I ask what you bench?

It troubles me that I bench 100, but only squat 110. My deadlift seems "right" at 130-140 and I don't ignore legs.

Though I am on them all day.

up to 60 on the bench ..not a lot but progress after a lot of set backs on it..................................what do you do on the leg press ? kg>?

Don't have one. Well, they have one of those sit down ones, but not one of the proper lay back jobbies. I don't really use that. I'm trying to put mass and power on my legs and now I'm using a bike for endurance and toning. As well as treading London all day I'm still working to find a balance.

I want Tom Hardy's upper body which I'm not a million miles away from, give it another year or so, but I also want Chris Hoy's legs!

Leg Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!11 back over 100kg on the squat as well happy with that ........had 2 apple danish after but thats ok ?

It troubles me that I bench 100, but only squat 110. My deadlift seems "right" at 130-140 and I don't ignore legs.

Does sound a little low. But it's all genetics innit? We're all different.

I bench 105 and squat 155.

My training partner is right there with me on squats, but lags behind on the bench, struggles for a set of 70.

You sound like you're the opposite, you'd be up there on bench but behind on legs.

Although I would suggest if you're on your feet all day, AND you use the bike for cardio, that might be slightly detrimental to gains.

Ultimately if you've got an active job and you're hitting the cardio for "toning" you're gonna struggle to make gains. Losing fat (toning) and adding mass don't work together too well.

up to 60 on the bench ..not a lot but progress after a lot of set backs on it..................................what do you do on the leg press ? kg>?

Don't have one. Well, they have one of those sit down ones, but not one of the proper lay back jobbies. I don't really use that. I'm trying to put mass and power on my legs and now I'm using a bike for endurance and toning. As well as treading London all day I'm still working to find a balance.

I want Tom Hardy's upper body which I'm not a million miles away from, give it another year or so, but I also want Chris Hoy's legs!

I did struggle a bit with the squat but when I added the leg press to my routine I started making gains again .........

• Like 1

Does sound a little low. But it's all genetics innit? We're all different.

I bench 105 and squat 155.

My training partner is right there with me on squats, but lags behind on the bench, struggles for a set of 70.

You sound like you're the opposite, you'd be up there on bench but behind on legs.

Although I would suggest if you're on your feet all day, AND you use the bike for cardio, that might be slightly detrimental to gains.

Ultimately if you've got an active job and you're hitting the cardio for "toning" you're gonna struggle to make gains. Losing fat (toning) and adding mass don't work together too well.

Yeah.

To be fair I'm not ridiculously unbalanced. I really enjoy squats so I never skip. I have problems with my knees too though, so I've always been more inclined to push myself with benching and back/shoulder stuff. It's a mental thing I guess.

I sprint in short bursts on the bike. I try to avoid long distances for the reasons you mention.

I'm constantly bulking basically whilst trying not to get "fat" again. I've still a long way to go to where I want to be.

• Like 1

Make it 50, that was **** awful!

Slight tweak in my back, will need a couple of days off now. Damn you Jenny Jones...

Thats what u get for thinking of jones while doing squats :-D

It was thinking of you whilst doing your bastard leg presses that finished me off ya wee word removed...

;)

Make it 50, that was **** awful!

Slight tweak in my back, will need a couple of days off now. Damn you Jenny Jones...

Thats what u get for thinking of jones while doing squats :-D

It was thinking of you whilst doing your bastard leg presses that finished me off ya wee word removed...

;)

glen-quagmire.jpg

Â