Gym Routine

olboydave

Dunno what Withings is so I'll be next to useless even though I use MyFitnesPal a lot.

I don't track exercise on it though. Just use it to calorie count my food

• Like 1

Is it possible to do deadlifts on a smith machine??

My gym now only has a smiths machine along with dumbells and 3 benches. Quite like the smiths machine for bench press although it does give you bad habits but never attempted to do deadlifts on there and never seen anyone else attmept to do them on there.

Possible? probably

Advisable? Almost certainly not.

You'd lose any lateral movement of the bar and, whilst that should be pretty minimal anyway, it does have to occur. Locking it into place sounds like you could do yourself a mischief.

Stiff legged deadlifts might be a better option for the Smith Machine. They'd probably be ok.

Im scared to click the spoiler.

Right, because im a big girl at the minute ive decided to get a bench and some powder puff dumbells so i can start building up strength at home.

Just looking online for a beginners program im thinking about doing this.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet14.htm

Does that kinda look like a good beginners workout.?I will still be using the weight machines at the gym too.

Cheers

Looks ok for a starter.

Get some compound lifts going at the gym though as soon as you're comfortable.

Bench, deadlifts, squats. That's where your size and strength will come from

• Like 1

Right, so ive worked out how to use my apps correctly. Ive been tracking my calorie intake and calories burnt, it seems im burning off more than im taking in. Is this healthy?

Red is calorie intake, orange is calories burned...

d2979a0e3b2526d91d4c4b62c67e5e34.gif

Edited by PieFacE

Probably ebay.

Can get very expensive so finding some decent second hand ones from there would be my advice.

Get a proper olympic barbell and a decent set of plates

Obviously there is no exact way of knowing but on average how many calories do you burn lifting weights...say 5 x 5 deadlifts

So many variables that it's almost impossible to say.

I find that it's generally easier not to get bogged down thinking about how many calories you're burning. It can over-complicate things and lead to paralysis by analysis (if that makes sense?). Rather, I'd just focus on how many calories I'm taking in and the intensity of my training. Then monitor and adjust accordingly.

Â