Gym Routine

olboydave

The beauty of DBs is that you can drop them easy enough if it isn't going well.

Saw a video by Jay Cutler the other day and he said that very few of the top bodybuilders do bench. They all stick to DB presses.

I can't quite remember his reasoning, but must mean there are other benefits too :)

There's hardly anything between my incline and flat.

36kg incline and 38kg flat.

Weird how differently we are all built. I'm a 32 incline (45 degree) and a 40 flat.

I'd guess for me personally it's because for a long time I didn't do flat press for DBs. I just stuck to bench.

So there's probably a lack of technique that I'm slowly making up for.

• Like 1

Saw a video by Jay Cutler the other day and he said that very few of the top bodybuilders do bench. They all stick to DB presses.

I can't quite remember his reasoning, but must mean there are other benefits too :)

Isn't it to do with symmetry? Barbell can allow dominant muscle growth in a particular arm no?

Isn't it to do with symmetry? Barbell can allow dominant muscle growth in a particular arm no?

could well be it.

I'll try and find the video

Shoulders and triceps can end up taking a disproportionate amount of the load during barbell bench. DBs go a long way towards correcting this. Machines are even better apparently...

There's another video of Jay doing "everyday things".

One of the clips on it is his girlfriend shaving his back.

It looks more like a **** window cleaner using a squeegee on a building. He's massive!

• Like 1

That's the first time I've mentioned her for about 9 months for that very reason :D

I consider that mission accomplished :)

I'm heading in to the gym regardless. I don't feel quite so tight and my back is fine and dandy. Well happy.

I've massively got into sweet potato in my absence as well, any idea what veggies work great with it?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

That's the first time I've mentioned her for about 9 months for that very reason :D

I'd only mentioned her about twice before that anyway!

I'd only mentioned her about twice before that anyway!

WOULD YOU STOP GOING ON ABOUT 'ER?  :o 

JESUS MAN, I'LL GET SEXBLOWSOUND TO BEAT YOU WITH HIS GIRLY FISTS OF FURY!

• Like 2

Â