What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

that is truly weird

I would very rarely comment on somebody else's taste, but I was going to quote Whitesnake and just write 'poop'

truly weird

we should organise a big car park fight, anyone and everyone with any slight tiny bit of taste, versus Rob and Rugeley

I'm just a bit worried about what the result would be

that is truly weird

I would very rarely comment on somebody else's taste, but I was going to quote Whitesnake and just write 'poop'

truly weird

we should organise a big car park fight, anyone and everyone with any slight tiny bit of taste, versus Rob and Rugeley

I'm not sure who's side I'd be on. I like a good "minimalist/jungle/krautrock/reggae wank fest", but I also like The Beach Boys and Black Sabbath.

• Like 1

I'm sure the Beach Boys must have done a good or at least passable track somewhere, even a blind squirrel can find one nut.*

But that whole metal / rock / heavy thing is the only music that leaves me utterly cold. I think it's a throw back from being brought up in a house where it was all Rainbow and Queen and Nazareth, Kiss and Gillan et al. Urrghh, shivers. 

*God Only Knows and Feel Flow are genius

that is truly weird

truly weird

I'm not sure who's side I'd be on. I like a good "minimalist/jungle/krautrock/reggae wank fest", but I also like The Beach Boys and Black Sabbath.

you can mind the coats and watch out for parents and rozzers

Oi you get back to your minimalist/jungle/krautrock/reggae wank fest!

Minimalist (to a certain extent), Jungle, Krautrock and masturbation - Yes!

Reggae, not really, unless it's really whacked out. Prefer Metal - Early/Proto and the more mental stuff later: Meshuggah, Converge.

Mid/Late 70's - Early/Mid 80s music is pretty awful with a few exceptions - like Disco or Yacht Rock, if you're into that sort of thing.

anyway, in the laptop right now, we're still on this bad boy from earlier in the week...

B0EuUbZIIAABQlr.jpg

My least favourite Cash album, but to put that in perspective, its like least favourite child, its still magnificent. I like the title track a lot, I think as neil diamond covers go its one of the best. I like his take on the mercy seat too. 

The Who, live at leeds.  my favourite track is the opening track heaven and hell, love moons playing on this song. thing i love about this album is that its a genuine live album without it being bodged to death in the studio like so many live albums. also you actually feel like your there which is great.

The Who, live at leeds. my favourite track is the opening track heaven and hell, love moons playing on this song. thing i love about this album is that its a genuine live album without it being bodged to death in the studio like so many live albums. also you actually feel like your there which is great.

Ironically, while that's true for the rest of the album, that track WAS 'fixed' in the studio.

well i never. either way heaven and hell is one of my favourite who tracks played live.

Yep, mine too. Apparently some of the gear malfunctioned, so Entwistle overdubbed part of the vocal later.

Â