• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me its not the reason that McLeish is an ex blues manager that makes him a bad signing. I would be fine with the situation IF his credentials were good. The fact of the matter is though that his record isn't good, he plays negative football, sitting 11 men behind the ball, buying journeymen players, kicking all flair players and not bringing any youth through. Therefore not what the club needs. Hopefully Randy will realise this!!!

Well I've tried not to come on here since it became official that the club were intending to speak to Mcleish. I genuinely believed that the link to him was just another media guess, I posted as much on here.

Simply gutted.

I would stand by any manager appointed by our club bar a manager that had come directly from the blues. This really hasn't sunk in yet. I didn't think for a second that Randy would even consider considering Mcleish or any other manager that came directly from across the city. Hand on heart with Randy as chairman thus has been my favourite era (I'm not as old as some of you) but right now I can't see how this, even just confirming their intention to consider Mcleish will go down as anything but a shadow over his reign that will be commented on for years to come. I can't even contemplate the reaction should they actually go ahead and appoint him...I just don't want to think about it!

Right now I feel I'm taking a season long strike from villa park. Regardless of who we appoint I am not going to be renewing my season ticket that's for certain. Hate to think how empty VP will be first home game.

What I would have liked was a statement from the club laughing off reports linking us with Alex Mcleish. What we got was a kick in the teeth, I feel let down and I can't imagine the apology that will get me feeling the way I should about the club I love.

if you put lewis hamilton in a morris minor he wont win a F1 race

put him in a proper car and he might have a chance.

no i dont believe it either

that analogy is not comparable

lewis hamilton won something and was seen as one of the best around, so putting someone recognised already as being one of the best and handicapping him in a poor car? well he will get the best out of that car.

put a shit manager who has done **** all in the premiership in charge of a top 10 club and watch them free fall

mind you, then the fuckwits who say such things like

" lets just see what happens"

or

" lets give him a chance"

awsome

its a little **** late when we are in the bottom 3 come december isnt it?

or should we let him continue then as well 'just in case' he can get us out of the shit?

darren bent will be off come january, downing will be gone before the season starts or before the window closes.

we will be left with a strike force of gabby and fonz, we will have a midfield of youngsters not ready and at best we will have defenders not wanting to be at the club

the crowd will be booing the chairman, manager and board each game, there will be banners and chants each game, ideal for the youngsters..NOT.

all this shit will have been brought on themselves by either having no **** idea what so ever about basic football OR are being advised by a retard or some bluenosed scum.

He'll be the new Roy Hodgson + 1000

The fans wont give him any time what so ever to settle in. Poor appointment by the board if this fool gets the job

Really cant see how any manager that has relegated a team deserves the to manage this club!

No happy what so ever!

Four month deadline extended for season tickets

Season ticket deadline

Wont make an ounce of difference if he appoints Mcleish

I get the feeling it's been extended because we're appointing Mcleish

Unlike some, I don't find it embarrassing with this protesting. Randy needs to be told how unpopular this is. Although, for the first time ever since the 2006 takeover, I now genuinely think Lerner knows and is committing football suicide

If it is him, this summer is going to be horrible. The only way there will be a good atmosphere around the club is if he can get a really good start to the season, but until then we'll be a club in turmoil that potential signings will look at and think "No **** way".

I will support Randy in whatever he decides, only he has the full facts on our situation, AM and any other manager in the frame. Im pretty sure that Randy's advice comes from the very best in the game.....

The behaviour of some of our fans is making Newcastle Fans look stable, its a disgrace, ffs get a grip.

Wonder what happened last time we had a Scottish manager?

I will support Randy in whatever he decides, only he has the full facts on our situation, AM and any other manager in the frame. Im pretty sure that Randy's advice comes from the very best in the game.....

The behaviour of some of our fans is making Newcastle Fans look stable, its a disgrace, ffs get a grip.

what billy mcneil? we got relegated

Agreed. This is really sad.

what billy mcneil? we got relegated

Na, George Ramsay, my mistake......