• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been quiet about this so far, and tried to convince myself that AM could do a half decent job here. But no matter how hard I try to make sense of it, it just doesn't work for me! It makes no sense whatsoever to employ AM at Villa for obvious reasons, and his record is poor too. Sure, you could argue you he had a poor team, but so do Wigan and they managed to stay up. I just can't get my head around it at all, and just hope that for whatever reason he isn't appointed. I even began to think earlier that I'd prefer GMAC to just manage the club instead!! Argggghhh!

I think he is quite frankly the worst possible candidate for the job and will show that Randy Lerner's ambition for the club is shot and care is gone for the fans if he goes through with the appointment. It would also say to me he's looking to sell up and cut his losses soon. It makes no sense from a financial point of view, let alone a PR one. Very strange.

It could tie in as to why Young's gone..Along with Friedel, Reo Coker and Downing most likely.

I think MM was right...Its meltdown. :?

He was certainly right about that. And he might have dropped a hint if it was someone to get excited about. Instead he said he didn't want to make a hint in any way shape or form - otherwise it would have leaked and cue the uproar. It also ties in with Shaun Teale randomly popping out with "gobsmacked if true" on twitter.

Mystery Man didn't know about this. Infact he specifically said we would not go for McCleish at one point.

The "meltdown" he was talking about was his guesswork that we were attempting to get Moyes, which was obviously unsuccessful.

MM should get credit when he gets something right but he's had no idea about the goings on during this manager search.

If, after all the money and effert he has put into this club, coupled with the behaviour of some of our idiotic fans. If Mr Lerner has had enough, i cant say i blame him.

By a country mile the best Chairman in the leaque, and some tossers want him out. Well, a quick note to said tossers, who spent last year spouting crap like "Anyone could do better than GH" be very carefull what you wish for.

I don't want to watch the kind of football AM will serve up

Big supporter of RL but this makes no sense at all

Gus Poyet for me - young, hungry, bags of high quality playing and coaching experience - that's an appointment that would excite me.

I think he is quite frankly the worst possible candidate for the job and will show that Randy Lerner's ambition for the club is shot and care is gone for the fans if he goes through with the appointment. It would also say to me he's looking to sell up and cut his losses soon. It makes no sense from a financial point of view, let alone a PR one. Very strange.

It could tie in as to why Young's gone..Along with Friedel, Reo Coker and Downing most likely.

He was certainly right about that. And he might have dropped a hint if it was someone to get excited about. Instead he said he didn't want to make a hint in any way shape or form - otherwise it would have leaked and cue the uproar. It also ties in with Shaun Teale randomly popping out with "gobsmacked if true" on twitter.

Except he said it wouldnt be AM and the Teale theory is also not right as he's pally with Coop and Coop never knew it was AM in fact he thought ot was Moyes.

Anyone else thinking that the accusations in the media that Randy had bowed to fan pressure not to appoint McClaren, has hurt his pride, so part of his reasoning to appoint McLeish is to be able to turn around and kind of say "No I didn't!" - That would be small time to think that way, but AM is a small time appointment.

Mystery Man didn't know about this. Infact he specifically said we would not go for McCleish at one point.

The "meltdown" he was talking about was his guesswork that we were attempting to get Moyes, which was obviously unsuccessful.

MM should get credit when he gets something right but he's had no idea about the goings on during this manager search.

Think this is pretty much 100% spot on.

This started with talksport... "24 hours mccleish will be villa manager".. well its nearly 24 hours gone and no signs of it happening.. the Villa statement suggests they will speak him (and it has taken place apparently) and that's it.. I honestly don't see it happening.

It will be truely awful.

If we were going to have antifootball i would genuinely prefer Sam Allardyce now in hindsight. Seriously his blues side were that awful and negative.

At least fat sam has achieved things in the Premier league regularly enough. McLeish hasn't

09/10 & 10/11 Net Spend

Birmingham

£16,700,000 £19,825,000

Wolves

£11,200,000 £14,200,000

Wigan

-£15,300,000 £7,350,000

Blackburn

-£18,048,000 £2,950,000

Bolton

£9,000,000 £4,000,000

He was backed and he outspent the lot of them massively. He is not a good manager!

Think this is pretty much 100% spot on.

Big supporter of RL but this makes no sense at all

Gus Poyet for me - young, hungry, bags of high quality playing and coaching experience - that's an appointment that would excite me.

If we are looking at a cheap option Poyet should be considered. I think he is due a new contract and has yet to sign. One problem is that, he has no Premierleague Experiance..

This started with talksport... "24 hours mccleish will be villa manager".. well its nearly 24 hours gone and no signs of it happening.. the Villa statement suggests they will speak him (and it has taken place apparently) and that's it.. I honestly don't see it happening.

Why would the statement mention his name if we weren't confident in getting him? If he wasn't a main target we would just say, "we are currently conducting interviews" not "we aim to interview Alex McLeish imminently".

The club has stuck its neck too far out on the line for it to not happen now.

Exactly.

Randy would have to be off his top to think that (should he want to sell) that this mess is going to result in him getting anything like his £200m back.

Earlier on there they actually had the audacity to comment on how people were acting like it was a done deal. Where's all this come from, he's only got an interview, maybe he'll flunk it. Bunch of pricks.