• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent been able to get on here for hours. It wouldn't let me in. So any other latest news apart from the statement?

I have spent that time writing a very in-depth letter to Randy Lerner and the board members explaining my views on why I believe they have made a massive mistake. I wonder if I will get a reply. I doubt it. I doubt they will even read it.

I wont judge Randy on whether he makes McLeish manager i will judge him on how he backs the manager THIS transfer window. That statment mentions making AVFC sustainable and i think its basically saying we have to cut costs and sell to buy. If Young and Downing leave and we bring in crap replacments the future will be very bleak until a new owner is in charge.

There has has to be something more going on that we don't know - this just doesn't add up at all. We are appointing a guy with a worse premier league record than Mick Mcarthy !!!

I doubt we will ever find out - but don't be fooled Aston Villa is always an attractive club for managers - a bit of a poisoned chalice - maybe - but give us a glimmer and we are one of the top 6 sides in the country.

IMO - this is the beginning of the end of the Lerner era - I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come to any games next season - hes lost interest - and is just ticking over.

Blues have accused us of tapping up Big Eck.

I think we should all hope that this gets very messy - Blues, Big Eck, Villa, Premier League, LMA, FA, lawyers, compensation, court, etc etc - and the Villa board just think to themselves, 'This isn't worth it' and appoint Sparky Hughes next month quickly and easily.

This is like dodging a bullet to the foot (Martinez) and then getting shot in the face with a shotgun.

:lol: Thanks for that Mantis, thought id forgotten how to laugh!

Always happy to help a fan out. I expect by this time tomorrow 99% of people on here will be feeling pretty damn depressed. I'm just glad I've got a three week holiday to Australia to look forward to at the end of next month.

No way this is going to happen, it doesn't make any kind of sense. Like everybody on here I've thought and thought about this and it makes no sense. I know that's not a valid reason why it won't happen but I'll be shocked if he is appointed. I'm just shocked the club have let it drag on like this, for what reason I don't know because it has tarnished the affection we have for RL and GK

A question posed elsewhere. What have Faulkner and Randy been doing for the last couple of weeks for them to JUMP on McLeish the second he resigns? Do we really have no other options?

No i actually read a rumour on a bluenose forum that Faulkner is actually a closet bluenose and works secretly for Pannu its all one big plot they have hatched where he gets a share of the compo money from breach of contract and they get additional funds also the legal dispute to help with their financial situation they also think that lerner is clueless to this whole sherade and just doesnt know anything about football im not sure if they were taking the piss or they were just plain deluded you can never tell with the imbreds from across the city.

I just wish Randy & Co would come out & speak to the media on exactly what they are doing & thier intentions, putting us fans in the picture & not make us the friggin laughing stock of english football at the moment. We don't need this after the season we've had too!!

A question posed elsewhere. What have Faulkner and Randy been doing for the last couple of weeks for them to JUMP on McLeish the second he resigns? Do we really have no other options?

It looks that way,very worrying :(

You have to wonder who they would have gone for had the ginger word removed not resigned.

I honestly do not think the board have a **** clue!

I'm still hoping this is all just a smokescreen for an appointment we've been working on behind the scenes (I don't even give a **** who now!). Not very likely I know, but it's all we've got.