• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

5 Million pounds for a useless manager ! What is Learner thinking of . Blues must be pissing themselves laughing . This cannot be for real .

Well they just laid out £3m to pay out a manager that the fans thought was useless (Houllier)

And they also laid out £2m on a manager that the fans thought wonderful (O'Neill), but who was completely.....useless.

At least we have a consistent board.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mindboggling. Mark Hughes is available yet we wouldn't speak to him because he resigned as Fulham manager. Two weeks later Alex Mcleish resigns at Scum and we interview him. Randy what is the difference?

I would to like to know after the shock announcement what your vision is for the next five years for this wonderful club we all support.

You are completely out of touch with the fans so please do us all a favour and put the club up for sale and go back to America and take the rest of the board with you. This is a shambles now and you have made Villa a laughing stock with the media.

lol it looks like our biggest fears have come true.... that the board is full of retards and yet more proof that yanks should stay away from our beautiful game.
Can we please leave nationality out of this? It's pretty much irrelevant and makes us look like Liverpool fans. If McLeish is appointed and people want to protest against the board then fine (I'll probably support them) but it'd be nice if we can leave out flag burning and the like as that will just look pathetic.

I cant believe anyone would really want him if they think ahead to what the atmosphere will turn like once things go slightly wrong.

Im not condoning it at all, but certain vocal sections of our fans are not know for thier patience or understanding at the best of times.

I fear this will poison the club!

Some pisspot handbags bastards on here. Get a grip.

Any manager with half a reputation wouldn't touch the current Villa job with a barge-pole. Both the club and McLeish will be putting their balls on the road on this one; so more informed rational adult responses please, and less jumping up and down and stamping of feet. It'd be savvy to put all your eggs in one basket at this stage, lest it end up on your face.

"The board don't know what they're doing"; I can guarantee they know more than Knee-Jerk Jim in K4.

Big up Big Eck. BRRRRAP!

Football is an emotive issue no matter what club you support or where in the world...... I think that after reading the statement the club are right to interview Mcleish...it doesn't mean that we are going to employ him but it would be wrong to ignore him completely, you need to look at all manner of candidates when employing ans as long as Randy picks the right person-NOT MCLEISH!!- so I do not see anything wrong in interviewing him....just my opinion, not saying I'm right but I back the board to do the right thing

I support the club, the team, the 11 men on that field in claret and blue.

Doesn't matter who the owner is, who the board are, who the manager is, who the players are, what division we're in.

I will still support this club.

I don't think AM is the BEST appointment, but I will never, ever turn my back on the club.

:support:

Excellent post

I don't think the board have made the effort at all. They don't give a shit and are clearly not fans.

This isn't for the good of the club at all. It's just Randy's way of clawing the money back by choosing the cheap option when he realised we probably won't break top 4 (which he was after due to the Champions League money).

And before anyone says Randy showed ambition when he bought Bent. For the 100000000th time, he bought him to protect his investment. He needs the 40m + backing from the Premier League so he doesn't need to dig deep in his pockets.

Understand where I'm coming from now?

a quick quote from the Board statement 'From the beginning of our search, we have set out criteria based on proven Premier League experience, compelling leadership, an ethic for hard work'...............so how does getting a team relegated twice in 3 and a half years in charge there even remotely make sense to interview him?

This is mindboggling. Mark Hughes is available yet we wouldn't speak to him because he resigned as Fulham manager. Two weeks later Alex Mcleish resigns at Scum and we interview him. Randy what is the difference?

I would to like to know after the shock announcement what your vision is for the next five years for this wonderful club we all support.

You are completely out of touch with the fans so please do us all a favour and put the club up for sale and go back to America and take the rest of the board with you. This is a shambles now and you have made Villa a laughing stock with the media.

You may not agree with Randy's choice, but to tell him to do one...do me a favour! After everything he has done so far he deserves some respect.

The difference between Hughes and McLeish is the nature of the departure. Ie the Blues' boards interference and actions.

I support the club, the team, the 11 men on that field in claret and blue.

Doesn't matter who the owner is, who the board are, who the manager is, who the players are, what division we're in.

I will still support this club.

I don't think AM is the BEST appointment, but I will never, ever turn my back on the club.

:support:

Excellent post

Tou-****-che :thumb:

Who exactly is advising Faulkner and Lerner on manager appointments this season?

Who exactly are they talking to within the game?

i mean .....Martinez one week then McLeish - i mean whatever you think of either they are almost polar opposites in ways of management .

The board seem all over the place and completely inchorent from the outside.

The most depressing thing is that Mark Hughes is a free agent at the end of the month.

Journo's are tweeting that RL won't employ him because of his friendship with Al Fayed. That's stupid if true.

The stockbroker from Liverpool has been in touch to say that he's going to try and find out tomorrow the truth about Moyes because his client

has sometimes been spot on with ITK from EFC and sometimes wrong. He's adamant that he's not trying to wind anyone up at all. He just had a call to say Moyes had resigned.

He also said that he's personally met Alex McCleish and he rates him very highly... in fact more than Moyes.

Liverpool fans think we're all mad wanting Moyes BTW cos his football is dour.... like we're all saying McCleish's football is.

I PM someone earlier this morning as he will back me up because I think Randy Lerner has had to make a choice....

stick with your target whose playing "can't come, won't come" or at least his club maybe doing that

or does he when approached by someone who clearly says... "I'm a decent manager working for a bunch of clowns and I need a chance working for a decent employer... give me that chance" one whose obviously determined to take a challenge on whatever the consequences.

It will take some guts for Alex McCleish to manage Aston Villa Football Club - he knows that but as I've been saying to everyone all day

Hat's off to the guy for having the balls to do it. AGAINST ALL THE ODDS!!

I think I'd probably wanna talk to guy about taking that chance too!

I am not going to protest. I think the club would have been far better to appoint Mark Hughes who is a free agent but this is their call and they will have to live with the consequences.

For the record my ex Browns BF from Cleveland told me from day one we'd all regret having Randy Lerner as a CEO because of his awful record in choice of coaches. Everytime we speak I tell him how much he's done for the club... I just know next time I see him online he's gonna remind me of all this. :?

RL has finally after many bad calls....apparently appointed a very highly respected manager to run Brown's & choose coaches

Yanks at Liverplop, they had no clue, the fans kicked off.

Yanks at Manure, they have no clue, the fans kicked off.

Yanks at Villa, they seem to not have a clue, fans are kicking off.

Mmmm, there seems to be an underlying problem here.