• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fine statement. basically he says we see him as a possible candidate for the job, along with the other irons we have in the fire.

the recruitment process was always gone to be done via interview process, as it was for Houllier.

Still far from certain he will get the job, but if he did i wouldnt be against it.

I somewhat rate Mcleish. Dann and Johnson are top notch, if he can sign us a couple of CB's like that ill be happy. The shite he has had to put up with behind the scenes, a la Brady and her Sun column, or Pannu and antics as described by the LMA earlier today are not going to help, yet still won them a trophy.

No where near first choice and its going to cause problems with the fans but for the sake of the club id back him 100 %. Lerners put in enough dosh and helped us enough so far to deserve the benefit of the doubt on this one. If it doesnt work out though he could be in trouble,

I still think Moyes is first, then its either McLeish or some wildcard we havent been linked with yet, all interviewed before being offered the job.

I am not saying I want McLeish in or anything, but playing Devils advocat.

If he was to get the job and bring in Dann, Johnson, Foster and based on our current resources at the club AND backing from Randy - does anyone think he can be sucessful for us? The style of football may change?

Just putting it out there

**** it - I'm giving him a chance.

If he **** up, he's gone with a major backlash from fans sure to assist in making that happen.

If he becomes Aston Villa - he gets my support. Simple as.

At last some sense!! Support the club ffs, our fans piss me off sometimes...we're supposed to be going for Ben Foster, but no one is bothered about that...despite the relegations, he is a good manager, give him a chance!

Despite the killing of jews and others, Hitler was a good motivator. Give him a chance.

**** it - I'm giving him a chance.

If he **** up, he's gone with a major backlash from fans sure to assist in making that happen.

If he becomes Aston Villa - he gets my support. Simple as.

At last some sense!! Support the club ffs, our fans piss me off sometimes...we're supposed to be going for Ben Foster, but no one is bothered about that...despite the relegations, he is a good manager, give him a chance!

Agreed lets try and take a breath and see how this pans out

I honestly don't want Mcleish in we shouldn't be aiming for him. However we have to give him the backing if he does join. I'll back him but if he **** it up he wont. We just have to wait and see how he does even if he still joins. Just give him 3 months and see how he does thats all I'm saying.

No

Look, we'd be stupid not to talk to him.

He's a premier league manager available for nothing. He obviously wants the job and has put himself forward.

The fact is in that position it makes sense to talk to him about it.

That DOES NOT mean he's nailed on for the job, it just means he's expressed an interest, and Lerner is giving him the courtesy of hearing him out.

He's going to have to pull something out of the hat to actually get the job IMO.

This is one of the most shameful, if not THE most shameful day as a Villa fan I have ever experienced.

No knee-jerk reaction here, just someone who has witnessed their Board confirm, in black and white, that they intend to consider THE most nonsensical footballing decision at Villa Park I can ever remember.

Absolutely disgraceful. More than 12,000 fans sign up to a protest group online - more than this entire messageboard and all its inactive members - hundreds upon hundreds of emails flood into the Club and media outlets across the land, banners hung on the famous Holte End gates and even plans of fan protests.

And yet, in the Board's statement, they want someone "who understands the Club's ethos" - how ironic is that statement?

By interviewing Alex **** McLeish YOU have shown you don't understand the Club's ethos, nor the wishes of the vast, vast majority of fans. We have noses already mocking us, the media have been laughing for the past 10 days, and now our own Board has turned round and slapped us in the face.

I am positively fuming with rage. They have just shown what Aston Villa Football Club means to them, and they have just made the most illogical and amateur mistake they could ever dream of making.

Disgrace.

so **** pissed off I dont give a shit what anyone says about getting behind him

I will never be happy with that ginger dickhead leading my team out onto the pitch, the board have shafted us big time.

mosaics, training ground, acorns sponsership etc cheers but I am more concerned about what goes on on the pitch and if the best that all that can get us is alex mcleish then it really has not been worth the money

I cant beleive it has come to this out of everyone that has been banded around I cant fathom how he can be the only one suitable for the job.

At first I was quite shocked by the latest staement, but on reflection, i think it might have been cleverley worded. I'm sticking to the thought that maybe the club statement could have precipitated the reports from the journos (they saw it before we did) who have interpreted it in a way they see fit. It seems strange that the reports and statements all came out in a very short space of time and that would still allow for a certain amount of ambiguity. I won't believe it's a done deal until it's official, but if it turns out to be the case there's not much I can do about it but keep on supporting the club I have for forty years and looking for the positives.

He'll get my full support - but that's not the point, I've supported Villa for 35 years and always will BUT I just don't understand it! If AM was a good manager who was being courted by say, Spurs as possible replacement for Harry then I could get the risk of taking on our fiercest rivals manager but without any spin I don't think McLeish would be considered for ANY of the teams in the top 15 clubs if they were looking for a manager. SO, taking on a boss who has been poor AND was at SHA is madness.

Stating the obvious I know but just wanted to get it off my chest.