• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

There is no need for the abuse is there, calm yourself.

I dont understand why your ignoring my question about how things in the past make us a poorly run club now?

But i suppose there is a reason why you ignore questions and twist everything else.

Anyway this thread is not about Randy or how things are run its how Villa fans overreact to a little tommy squeaker never mind a manager appointment.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some Villa fans are coming round to the idea of McLeish, subtly outlining the qualities he will bring. I think people are in denial. IF he does become our manager, i will never stop supporting my beloved club. But, say goodbye to any hope of moving forward and showing progression. His appointment to me would just IMPLY desperation and scraping the barrel. IF people honestly believe that once Houllier left that out of all the managers out there, McLeish would even be in the thoughts of the Villa board, then you are deluded. Sorry to be blunt, but IF he was on our shortlist and is being interviewed; I would be seriously questioning the direction of our club. Answer me this, would McLeish have been in the Villa boards mind long before the end of the season? If so, can you imagine if Birmingham had stayed up and the uproar that would have caused? Or was it once Birmingham were relegated, Villa accessed their options and actually believed, McLeish; a guy who got our City rivals relegated; yet won a trophy, would be the answer all Villa fans were craving??

It just doesn't sit right with me. There isn't any smoke and mirrors going on. The thought that McLeish has always been our prime target sends chills down my spine. So I refuse to believe that. So what does that leave me thinking....Well, regardless of how people are trying to sugar-coat it, and I have been one of the people defending our board and how they have gone about their business so quietly and professionally; they have made a mess of things, and he is our last resort.

But I will reserve judgement until after he is appointed.

Yep, I agree. In all fairness if it wernt for the baby thing and renevation work I would lump it and renew my season ticket regardless, as it happens with this appointment there are more important things in life.

I guess we cant blaim people for deluding them selves seeing as its the best / only way to make best of a very bad situation.

The appointment of McCleish will be a stone cold catastrophy, no ifs or buts about it. HEs a poor poor manager.

Save your abuse/praise until the manager is appointed. It surely won't be McLeish so all this complaining about the board is embarrassing! Think about it, why would we appoint him? Lerner isn't stupid! He has been discredited after his second relegation and no Premiership team would take him on. He will have to go back to the Championship or wherever and rebuild his reputation, like Phil Brown, Curbishley, McClaren etc. Have some faith!

I'm dizzy from all the speculation....speculation created by press, made up stuff on here, ITK people (are they ITK?) I registered on this board to see what was occuring, and to begin with it seemed reasonable debate now were into the realms of panic....ridiculous slagging..whitch hunting, sacrificing goats...giving RL a slagging when he's done right by us (IMO) and some casual racsism (which is never a good thing).....we have no idea and we go round and round and round in circles winding ourselves up....to the point we're trying to work out whose on what plane and where that plane is going

Up the Villa no matter whose in charge...if their good we'll love them and they'll stay and if their rubbish they'll be sacked and we'll hate them.

Lets have a Co-operative management. Sid + Brian Little + God to begin with. Rotating every 3 years of Ex villa players. Extended if they win things. Voted to manage by Owner, share holders, and fans. Overseen by Randy.

If AM does come its highly likely he will bring Roy Aitken back to Villa. That cant be a good thing either!

talksport actuallt said this earlier this morning, unsurprisingly iirc it was mickey quinn -

their sources understand that lerner is insistent that cowans and Gmac keep their positions rather than the new man bring in his own staff, this works favourably with mcleish who like mcallister is scottish...

Oaks, the view from the club, was any statement they release now will only add fuel to the fire, at this moment in time the press need to fill their pages and Villa cannot stop the likes of Talksport, Moxley or us fans making our comments until a Manager has been appointed, its that simple. I agreed that i'd rather our club concentrate to get a manager in rather than be answering to the press, just a hunch but i don't think it'll be McLeish. Randy and PF are aware of the amount of fans that are reacting negatively to this.

They have already done it with the Martinez face saving statement.

Look im not suggesting that they should release a statement saying we dont want McLeish, but one saying we haven't tapped him up and already spoke to him. As ive said some of the shit that lot are throwing at us is starting to stick. And i think its best either way, even if we do want him.

Oaks do you really think if Villa issued a statement to that affect would make any difference, Villa fans would assume as we haven't denied our interest it's true as we've commented on a specific point. Look at what Neil Moxley has written you really think he would believe a Villa statement. This press is impossible to stop with statements issued, it will only stop when a new manager is appointed.

I'm dizzy from all the speculation....speculation created by press, made up stuff on here, ITK people (are they ITK?) I registered on this board to see what was occuring, and to begin with it seemed reasonable debate now were into the realms of panic....ridiculous slagging..whitch hunting, sacrificing goats...giving RL a slagging when he's done right by us (IMO) and some casual racsism (which is never a good thing).....we have no idea and we go round and round and round in circles winding ourselves up....to the point we're trying to work out whose on what plane and where that plane is going

Up the Villa no matter whose in charge...if their good we'll love them and they'll stay and if their rubbish they'll be sacked and we'll hate them.

Here here

The appointment of McCleish will be a stone cold catastrophy, no ifs or buts about it. HEs a poor poor manager.

And we are poor fans... Only renew our season ticket IF we get the manager we want... Poor fans deserve no more than a poor manager. If McLeish jumps ships from Birmingham to us, then I will say his balls are so large it makes the fans not renewing their season ticket look like a girl still a virgin...

The longer this goes on, the more i'm convinced it could be Psycho. It would certainly explain the wait...and the 1 to 2 weeks GK mentioned. And they wouldn't want to say anything while he was away with the U21's.....And he knows his way to VP.....

hand on heart, id rather Mcleish.

You fool, you're giving them the initiative. Expect the club to now plant a rumour that they are talking to Pearce. Cue several days of VT apoplexy, followed by the appointment of McLeish, and we all accept it as he isn't Pearce!

:lol:

Maybe McLeish was touted by Randy Lerner all along?

Picture the scene:

Late July/Mid August 2010

MON walks out of Villa

The club are in chaos and desperately scampering round for a new manager.

RL approaches AM, offering him the Villa job. AM preliminarily accepts, BUT only if he can stay another year at BCFC, out of courtesy.

RL tells AM 'Ok, the job is yours in Jul 11, but ONLY if you promise to get BCFC out of the Premier League'

AM answers - 'Deal, see you in a years time..'

GH is brought in for the season, despite the club covering up his ill health. RL conveniently has to leave the club via mutual consent in July 2011, in comes AM as our 'new' manager after fulfilling his 'promise' to RL..

Thats loyalty for you!!

Save your abuse/praise until the manager is appointed. It surely won't be McLeish so all this complaining about the board is embarrassing! Think about it, why would we appoint him? Lerner isn't stupid! He has been discredited after his second relegation and no Premiership team would take him on. He will have to go back to the Championship or wherever and rebuild his reputation, like Phil Brown, Curbishley, McClaren etc. Have some faith!

The fans are trying to avoid the incorrect appointment altogether before its too late. I understand Lerner isn't stupid, however not coming out and saying anything after the uproar it has caused is not being clever. Time and time again we are told this club is the fans, yet if feels we are being ignored on this particular occasion. I understand the new appointment will not satisfy all fans but this talk of AM being appointed as manager has created unwanted attention beyond belief. What we are experiencing is a Dougesque way of handling things.

I hope to god that the board unveil a decent manager that a majority would back. But at the moment they are not handling this silence very well, in fact they have created a rod for their own backs.

I really appreciate what our board has done so far but i am baffled as to what they are playing at.

My dislike for lerner is to do with his running of the club. No sponsor, then we suddenly have a scramble to sell players and increase income. If we'd had 12mil in shirt sponsor like fx pro for a few years we'd have more income. A lack of any ceo until faulkner rtc..

Poorly run club.

We will have a sponsor for the start of the season so....

We have a CEO so....

Clutching at straws, blinded by hatred.

If they are your only reason why we are apparently poorly run, then you dont have a clue.

You're proper clueless. We had no ceo until Faulkner. We had no sponsor until fx pro. Years of no management. A shambles of fired people from the boardroom, resignations.

So we are or were poorly run?

Because your banging on about things years old, not effect anything now.

Your proper not making any sense.

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor.

But we DID have a sponsor didn't we?

Randy never said sell to buy - that is your (incorrect) assumption.

Randy wanted the wage bill reduced (a perfectly reasonable request) Spurs spent and spend less on wages than us and get CL football - we pay Sidwell and Beye 50k a week to sit on their arses.

... and I wouldn't say MG is stupid on the basis he doesn't agree with you. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that it is confirmation of his intelligence.... unless that is measured in "number of posts" now..... :lol:

Take it to the Randy thread maybe. This is just cluttering a managerial debate