• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said they will not release a statement every time a manager is LINKED, they will inform us once its done whoever that is. Villa will not change their principles due to the press attacking us.

They did with Martinez to cover there arses. I agree with the principle, but i think this has gone beyond that. The accusations from them lot are starting to hurt the club.

Like i said they will not release a statement every time a manager is LINKED, they will inform us once its done whoever that is. Villa will not change their principles due to the press attacking us.

They did with Martinez to cover there arses. I agree with the principle, but i think this has gone beyond that. The accusations from them lot are starting to hurt the club.

Agreed. To ignore this McLeish thing for next few days or weeks would be crazy imo .

Or unless we are indeed vageuly interested (which have to say is sounding more likely)

The clubs PR has gone to pot over the last year in many ways.

Oaks, the view from the club, was any statement they release now will only add fuel to the fire, at this moment in time the press need to fill their pages and Villa cannot stop the likes of Talksport, Moxley or us fans making our comments until a Manager has been appointed, its that simple. I agreed that i'd rather our club concentrate to get a manager in rather than be answering to the press, just a hunch but i don't think it'll be McLeish. Randy and PF are aware of the amount of fans that are reacting negatively to this.

Well,

Whilst trying to calm down over the mcleish situation i thought i would check out the mans stats as a player and manager.

Please dont rip my nuts off but his managerial record aint that bad.

motherwell , hibs , rangers , scotland and small heath.

motherwell promotion , hibs 3rd in league , scotland 7 wins out of 10 miss out on last qualifier , rangers last 16 champions league , small heath , highest league finish for 50 years and first trophy for 48 years .

oh and 12 game unbeaten run for blues in prem.

Dont ram me up the bum but they would have stayed up easy if not for losing keay defenders.

We stayed up because of darren bent.

We have better players and more investment available , who knows?

The longer this goes on, the more i'm convinced it could be Psycho. It would certainly explain the wait...and the 1 to 2 weeks GK mentioned. And they wouldn't want to say anything while he was away with the U21's.....And he knows his way to VP.....

They only released that statement because Whelan went public with it in the first place, when David Whelan made his PR stunt getting Wigan huge amount of positive PR. Whelan played it very well, he knew that he should have kept his mouth shut, but by telling everybody how we were approaching Martinez the honourable way through him, he made it extremely clear that if you approach my manager you will suffer the consequences.

If McLeish comes and brings Foster with him that wouldn't be too bad. Better than Martinez IMO

He's also sort the defence out, no question, and he's already settled in the Solihull area

There are some positives to the move

The longer this goes on, the more i'm convinced it could be Psycho. It would certainly explain the wait...and the 1 to 2 weeks GK mentioned. And they wouldn't want to say anything while he was away with the U21's.....And he knows his way to VP.....

Ooooh there is a shout now......

Only if he brings his daughters lucky toy donkey.

How do i get to vote in this poll people?? i assume i can now i can post here?

been following these boards for years, but newbie at posting.

I really dont think eck is good enough, but the board would be foolish not to consider every available candidate. he may not even get interviewed.

My money is still on Rijkaard,

Ooooh there is a shout now......

Dear God NO!!!!!!!!!!

dislike him more than McLeish.