• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just makes me wonder exactly what sort of power Al-Fayed has over Randy. Did he teach Karate as a teenager Mr Miyagi style?

So we don't go for Jol, a free agent who would have been welcomed by a good % of fans, probably because Fulham were after him. And now that they have their 1st choice from last season, we still can't talk to Mark Hughes about the Villa job. Why show Fulham so much respect yet we shit on Peter Pannu's doorstep?

Doesn't make sense to me, which is why I think the McLeish stories are just that. I think it would be a very bad move on the boards part to appoint McLeish just to say that they got one over on our biggest rivals. That would be grossly misreading the fans desires and would backfire as I'd imagine that most of the fans of Blues are happy to see him go.

Peter Pannu will say anything to try and get money. He will probably say his mother was there too. Don't you get it Pannu wants money, he's desperate for it, their club are financially **** and now trying to say they want 5million for their manager.

Lerner has an atrocious record of appointing managers - a record he seems set to continue with.

No he hasn't! He has appointed KMac as caretaker, which was fine, and Houllier who was a decent manager and probably the best available to us at that time.

Losing 6-0 at Newcastle was fine was it? How about **** up another Euro campaign? was that fine?

I'm not saying Kevin did a great job, but it was a sensible decision to put him in charge until a permanent manager was brought in. He knew the players and they all had respect for him. It was always going to be short term.

MysteryMan

I have reread and read into it and genuinely hope it's right . Certain ex Villa players at SHA are also pretty convinced about McCleish making the move to us . Could all just be a big wind up I am hoping it is

I'm assuming thats Craig Gardner.

My favourite bit of this saga so far has been Pannu slandering us in the media saying that we have to pay them £5m or he will report us to the PL. So according to him we're guilty of tapping up his manager and is accusing RL of meeting AM in Corsica.

We should sue his fat ass.

What has happened so far is that BCFC contacted us asking us what our position on McLeish was now he had resigned. We e-mailed back saying that as he was a free agent we could speak to him if we wished to.

Why on earth would BCFC do that?

Because they might hope to build a case of "tapping-up" and gain up to £5m from it AND smokescreen/diversion tactic number 2 below.

I suspect there are two smokescreens/diversion tactics going on thus:

1. Villa see no need to confirm or deny interest in McLeish enabling them to progress with their candidates in secrecy (which may or may not include McLeish), whilst the media lap up the McLeish backlash; the General plays a clever role.

2. Pannu throws accusations out to the media fuelling the commotion and disguising the real reason McLeish resigned - BCFC key players agents contacting McLeish on holiday to tell him Pannu has put them up for sale without McLeish’s knowledge.

Simples! :winkold:

Peter Pannu will say anything to try and get money. He will probably say his mother was there too. Don't you get it Pannu wants money, he's desperate for it, their club are financially **** and now trying to say they want 5million for their manager.

But he's in dispute with AM. Why would he lie about him going there? McLeish would use that against him.

This is true - it will be to bail them out.

MysteryMan

I have reread and read into it and genuinely hope it's right . Certain ex Villa players at SHA are also pretty convinced about McCleish making the move to us . Could all just be a big wind up I am hoping it is

I'm assuming thats Craig Gardner.

Agent Gardner, pull out, pull out.

What has happened so far is that BCFC contacted us asking us what our position on McLeish was now he had resigned. We e-mailed back saying that as he was a free agent we could speak to him if we wished to.

Why on earth would BCFC do that?

Because they might hope to build a case of "tapping-up" and gain up to £5m from it AND smokescreen/diversion tactic number 2 below.

I suspect there are two smokescreens/diversion tactics going on thus:

1. Villa see no need to confirm or deny interest in McLeish enabling them to progress with their candidates in secrecy (which may or may not include McLeish), whilst the media lap up the McLeish backlash; the General plays a clever role.

2. Pannu throws accusations out to the media fuelling the commotion and disguising the real reason McLeish resigned - BCFC key players agents contacting McLeish on holiday to tell him Pannu has put them up for sale without McLeish’s knowledge.

Simples! :winkold:

By Paul McGrath I hope you are right......

My favourite bit of this saga so far has been Pannu slandering us in the media saying that we have to pay them £5m or he will report us to the PL. So according to him we're guilty of tapping up his manager and is accusing RL of meeting AM in Corsica.

We should sue his fat ass.

And then make them bankrupt... FTW!

Pannu is trying to build a case against his manager.

He has said he nagged us about our position on McCleish and we replied that he is a free agent.

Pannu then ran off saying this proves we have tapped him up and he should not be released from his contract without compensation.

I don't think we have anything to do with AM, there would be no logic behind that appointment.

So according to him we're guilty of tapping up his manager and is accusing RL of meeting AM in Corsica.

I thought AM's holiday destination had been corrected to Sardinia....

GH's brother has a house in Corsica and it is apparently where GH & RL are currently.

Pannu better be right because....If he has indeed accused RL of tapping AM, which I would very much doubt ...

as that is NOT the way AVFC do business as we know from Whelan's publicity stunt....

then I have a feeling he will indeed get his socks sued off!

As it will make his legal postion stronger if he can somehow prove that Villa have illegally approached McLeish to try and get compensation. Listen to Tom Ross, all he's on about his 5.4Million, why say the exact fee if it ain't about money?

Like I posted on another board;

It's the way I which we as a Club are being portrayed in the media that's hurting more than the possibility of McLeish coming in (possibly)

I've had to endure a 20min taxi ride with the horrid "Quinny" and "Saggers" on the radio dragging the Villa name through the mud and by all accounts this has been on-going since the resignation of GH.

Luckily I work and live in London now so the banter isn't too bad as I work with many a Spurs / Gooner fan but even they are shocked about the venom being spouted in the media, god knows what it must be like in the second City.

This is true - it will be to bail them out.

OK, understand all this.

But why should we give them any **** money to help them out. They're desperate, they caused it. Sod 'em, and stuff your manager. I know we might be portrayed in the media now as "nobody is good enough for Villa fans" but, come ON! I don't think we even contemplated this