• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Timothy Abraham on Twitter talking about Martinez

'I was told by people close to the man himself last night that Martinez had not made a decision but would "sleep on it"'

FFS, this is a PR disaster

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be after 1:30 mate.

Please please please dont leave us hanging?

Thats when the deadline is for him to make his mind up and when he'll say i'm staying at Wigan and he glares over at Whelan and they hug each other.

'I was told by people close to the man himself last night that Martinez had not made a decision but would "sleep on it"'

Great there is still hope! I would love Martinez at Villa! Come on, make it happen!

whats all this stuff about moonwalking and 'H'?????

I dnt know where it has come from or what context it was said in but it can only lead me to think

moonwalking-Hughes came from fulham who have recently unveiled a michael jackson statue

H-stands for Hughes

could someone elaborate on where it has come from please

What makes people think this will be sorted today ?
true indeed. Its frustrating as hell. Look at how quickly fulham got things sorted out and they even managed to get a top quality manager in too

Isn't life easy. It's just like football manager, one click of the mouse and hey presto you got a new manager.

No it's not. The only people who are actually reading these tweets are us.

More will be revealed concerning Martinez some time after 1.30 pm today if you can believe the things that Whelan has been saying to the media.

If Whelan succeeds in keeping Martinez by improving his contract then that will narrow the field.

In reality how many candidates do we think or even know that Randy and Faulkner have contacted about the job ?

One thing is certain that the Board just as in the Bent signing have done a good job at keeping their cards close to the chest. We probably would not have known about the Martinez meeting had it not been for Whelan.

I have a feeling that we won't have a result until July 1st or even later. By that time I am willing to bet that the Board will have heard from a lot of supporters venting their feelings.

It looks like Villa have told all applicants that they will get back to them one way or another, by lunchtime. This would explain why Whelan mentions finding out whether RM will still be at the club by 1.30pm. I think he has played a crafty one by having told talksport of the situation.

The mans a hypocrite I must say, he applauds how we have handled ourselves as a club, then goes on talkshite and dishes the dirt and mentions villa will never be a top 3 club. does he really think RM would be given such a job at manu, arse or chelski. i think not. And practice what you preach - gobshite.

p.s JJB was and still is shit.

I am very confident we will finally have some movement today.

I think it will be Moyes.

Agree this could roll on into July, problem is we've got more work than ever to do in the transfer market, so it wont leave much time and many of our targets may have been snapped up by then

Do you understand anything or even what PR is?

I wonder as well if Martinez does become our manager if he does a dramatic U-turn and decides that Nzogbia is now available to us and not just the top clubs in the premier league.

I hope if he is, you'll give him a chance and support him Ash.

I hope all Villa fans at least give him a chance to be shit before stinging him up.

My point is, if RM & Whelan pitch up on SSN / Talkshite etc at 130pm saying he's not even prepared to talk to Villa, it wont reflect too well on our club

can you not see that

Agree this could roll on into July, problem is we've got more work than ever to do in the transfer market, so it wont leave much time and many of our targets may have been snapped up by then

How can our targets have been snapped up. Until we get a manager who will have his own ideas on who he wants we won't even know who our targets are.

Unless you are suggesting we just buy players anyway and hope the new man fancies them